Oppo Camp Jaidyn Stephenson (Traded to Nth Melb. 2020)

Should This Thread Be Kept Open?

• Yes

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reported my mate for flicking his dart out the window.. mates are mates.. but he overstepped the boundaries there.. and there was also a bloke who turfed his solo can out the window so took his number plate as well.. and I'm also going to make a citizens arrest if I see anyone turf their cigs on their way home from the G.

What's right is right.

For crying out loud.
It's only 10 weeks and I don't think they thought he'd gett that much. We're all assuming that they knew he'd get that much. Plus, he's an exciting Collingwood player, chances are he was going to miss that long with a soft tissue injury if he was playing anyway.

Hes cleaned the slate, plus he'll get to gain a few more kilos and work on his set shot goal kicking. Might even be a better player in the finals for the experience.

I'm happy with the path chosen.

Question about the 12 match suspended sentence.

Does that mean if he cops a suspension at all for the rest of his career (such as for rough conduct) he gets the 12 weeks, or is it just another gambling related infringement?

Does that mean if he cops a suspension at all for the rest of his career (such as for rough conduct) he gets the 12 weeks, or is it just another gambling related infringement?
Must be related to similar betting infringements.

If so eg a $1 bet on a different AFL match day Carlton v Gold Coast you’d think it’s fine plus the 12 weeks suspended.

Any other non related suspension will have no relevance and no trigger to the above suspended sentence.

Only in the same circumstances. Gambling. I questioned the very thing.

just from a wider point of view . . .

there will be others among the various clubs with similar guilty secrets . . .

with that draconian punishment handed down to a self reporting player how many do you imagine will now come forward and self report?

If any of you imagine there will be a single one . . . I have a lovely piece of beachfront sand for sale for $250,000 that is above sea level 2 days a year

with that draconian punishment handed down to a self reporting player how many do you imagine will now come forward and self report?

If any of you imagine there will be a single one . . . I have a lovely piece of beachfront sand for sale for $250,000 that is above sea level 2 days a year
Howe many will come forward.

That would be zero.

I reckon the self-reporting thing has been a bit overplayed.

Once Walsh became aware of the matter, he was obliged to report it to the AFL - if he didn’t, he could end up with the same fate as Gubby Allen (getting busted for sweeping something under the carpet) and you can’t blame Walsh for not wanting to put his own career on the line for the sake of dumb behavior by a young footy player. All it would have taken is a fallout between Stevo and his mate, or a bitter ex-girlfriend to unearth the whole sorry mess. Pretty much ditto the senior team leadership. Pretty much ditto Jeremy Howe.

Can’t blame people for not wanting to be an accessory given the career compromising penalties - so ‘self reporting’ was the only realistic option.

I reckon the AFL integrity unit would have understood all this (it’s their job to get to the bottom of stuff) which probably explains why Ed was left frustrated that we didn’t get as much credit as he’d hoped for self-reporting.

Last edited:
Gee, dane swan looks lean.
He seems to be in great trim.

Gotta Love Swanny.

You never quite know whether he’s going to be funny or be serious, but he always seems to make the right choice and strike a perfect balance. And when he’s serious he has rich wisdom.

What utter nonsense on so many levels.

What utter nonsense on so many levels.
Do you think other players haven’t had bets here and there on football games on “other” persons’ accounts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think other players haven’t had bets here and there on football games on “other” persons’ accounts?
I’m sure there are plenty of younger players having a sly punt on the footy...
But now they would be absolutely shxt scared to self report...the harsh penalty will scare them off.
They will stop punting immediately & just hope it never bobs up to the surface.

But now they would be absolutely shxt scared to self report...the harsh penalty will scare them off.
Or in a year or two, this will all wear off and they’ll have their flutters.

But doubt we’ll see any self implosion I mean reporting.

They may certainly take the risk and hide their dirty secrets away but they need to do so in the full knowledge they'll forfeit their careers if it does bob to the surface rather than cop a lesser sentence for self reporting. As I understand it, the AFL gets information on such things from the betting agencies when they discover it.

They may certainly take the risk and hide their dirty secrets away but they need to do so in the full knowledge they'll forfeit their careers if it does bob to the surface rather than cop a lesser sentence for self reporting. As I understand it, the AFL gets information on such things from the betting agencies when they discover it.

Depends IF they bet on a Game they Played in or not

Why are you sure about that? There's not a huge amount of young players in the AFL, and they're all told if they bet on Footy they risk their careers... It's drilled into them... How many are going to risk their careers, when they've worked so hard to get there, just to have a bet on Football when they can still bet on other sports?

Last edited:
Why are you sure about that? There's not a huge amount of young players in the AFL, and they're all told if they bet on Footy they risk their careers... It's drilled into them... How many are going to risk their careers, when they've worked so hard to get there, just to have a bet on Football when they can still bet on other sports?

+ I don’t see what the point would be betting small change on an industry that you’re a part of. If somebody is going to “insider trade” (let’s call it out for what it really is) then they’d likely be investing serious money to justify the risk.

And they’d have to involve others to pull it off

+ I don’t see what the point would be betting small change on an industry that you’re a part of. If somebody is going to “insider trade” (let’s call it out for what it really is) then they’d likely be investing serious money to justify the risk.

And they’d have to involve others to pull it off
This is such a salient point.

To be intent on gaming you’d think a mega pay day is the goal.

So you’d need a mega investment and lots of others involved (more than likely).

I like how that torp is getting longer and longer.

Be like Malcolm Blight’s torpedo at Princes Park, it’s so long now it made it all the way to the Melbourne Zoo.
Upset some chimpanzees.

Anyone else uncomfortable with this public media discussion of Stevo’s bets? Which of his goals may (or may not) have been influenced (or tainted) by his bets?

Doesn’t sit well with me. Almost making light of the issue. And how did McClure get hold of this information - a leak in the AFL integrity unit?

Just don’t think this should be the subject of speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back