2019 Rookies

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I know Hately's JS is questionable, but I'm also interested in his likely role. With DeBoer out could he end up playing as a tagger or doesn't he have that in his skillset? Could Cameron ask him to do other roles not involving heavy midfield minutes? Obviously wondering how sustainable his scoring might be.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
I know Hately's JS is questionable, but I'm also interested in his likely role. With DeBoer out could he end up playing as a tagger or doesn't he have that in his skillset? Could Cameron ask him to do other roles not involving heavy midfield minutes? Obviously wondering how sustainable his scoring might be.
Doubt he plays as a tagger. Probably wouldn't have the tank yet. They've dropped two defenders, and bought in a defender and a mid, so he might even play behind the ball. Reckon Greene might take De Boer's spot in the midfield, and Langdon comes in to play Geene's forward role. Just guesswork though.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Doubt he plays as a tagger. Probably wouldn't have the tank yet. They've dropped two defenders, and bought in a defender and a mid, so he might even play behind the ball. Reckon Greene might take De Boer's spot in the midfield, and Langdon comes in to play Geene's forward role. Just guesswork though.

I think this will be the case too. Yet I still upgraded Greene instead of Worpel last week. Was a 50/50 call. Kept Worpel because of DPP. Greene will no doubt go 100+ for the rest of the year now playing mostly midfield.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants

Listclogger

March Champion
Feb 11, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Played a full game of VFL on Sunday, which only gives him a 4 day break given they play on Thursday. They rested Myers and someone else from the VFL game, and Baguley only played a half. If Snelling was in contention this week, surely his time in the VFL would have been managed. Would back him to debut the following week though.

Great scheduling there by VFL/AFL

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I didnt get to watch the game.
But noticed Hatley was on 38 at HT .
But not much else after that.
Did he lose points aswell ?

Happy Clarke did hes job.

He gave away a free kick to Parish who goaled from the resulting kick in the last 1/4. Lost 10+ points for that indiscretion.

I didnt get to watch the game.
But noticed Hatley was on 38 at HT .
But not much else after that.
Did he lose points aswell ?

Happy Clarke did hes job.
38 HT. 59 3QT.

Hit 69 then a clanger and FA resulting in a goal dropped him 10pts in a matter of 20 seconds. Coach dragged him off for a long stint after that and subsequently scaled down a little more as game got close. -4pts for the quarter in the end. Could’ve been an 80.

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
38 HT. 59 3QT.

Hit 69 then a clanger and FA resulting in a goal dropped him 10pts in a matter of 20 seconds. Coach dragged him off for a long stint after that and subsequently scaled down a little more as game got close. -4pts for the quarter in the end. Could’ve been an 80.

Got a bad feeling Hately will be dropped after last night's game. :(

Me too .

I didn't see the game and never seen Hatley play.
Might not ever see him player ....ever.

See on twitter he looked Sharp early on .
But kents reckon he lacks a tank and was cramping up.

Hoping he gets another crack at it.

Jul 14, 2010
Central Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Me too .

I didn't see the game and never seen Hatley play.
Might not ever see him player ....ever.

See on twitter he looked Sharp early on .
But kents reckon he lacks a tank and was cramping up.

Hoping he gets another crack at it.
Reckon it will come down to whether or not Whitfield is ready next week. If he is, I reckon Hately will most likely be the out. I didn't see it, but apparently Whitfield was interviewed on the news yesterday and said he should be ready to play next week. Take it with a grain of salt though. GWS have been ultra conservative with their injuries this year.

Back