Who are your team's most important 5 players currently?

whatis

Club Legend
Jun 3, 2011
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
He's their most important player, especially with Barrass on the sidelines. Can't believe some don't have him top 5!

I think that's why he's not the most important, because of Barrass and our other solid defence options. For example I'd prefer Barrass as our number one key defender (no McGovern), over Darling as our number one key forward (no Kennedy). And basically if we lose a top midfielder the quality drops away more quickly.

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
1- Marcus Bontempelli
2- Caleb Daniel
3- Aaron Naughton
4- Jason Johanniesen
5- Tim English (Our only other rucks are Trengove and Gardiner)

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Charlie Dixon
Tom Rockliff
Travis Boak
Robbie Gray
Tom Clurey

In terms of players we can’t afford to lose this season:

1. Hawkins
2. Stewart
3. Dangerfield
4. Stanley
5. Ablett

In terms of ‘best’:

1. Dangerfield
2. Hawkins
3. Kelly
4. Stewart
5. Ablett

Duncan and Blicavs unlucky.

I’d have
1 Hawkins
2 Stanley
3 Blicavs
4 Danger
5 Selwood

BEST
1 Hawkins
2 Kelly
3 Danger
4 Stewart
5 Ablett

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Veer Right

Premium Platinum
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Marshall
Membrey
Gresham
Max King - vital he stays healthy, could be anything
Steven

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
1. Elliot Yeo
2. Luke Shuey
3. Josh Kennedy
4. Shannon Hurn
5. Nic Naitanui

Feel Nic Nat could be no 1 if he gets back to his best. New rule changes will make him more effective then ever id say

Think you nailed it. But my order would be...

1. Nic Naitanui
2. Josh Kennedy
3. Elliot Yeo
4. Luke Shuey
5. Shannon Hurn

Top 4 is definitely the top 4. You could argue number 5. Maybe McGovern or Darling.

roz1812

Debutant
Mar 14, 2019
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
1. Tom Stewart. Without him we would not be even in the top 4 right now. Nothing gets past the guy.
2. Mitch Duncan. His importance is under valued. He is the main link up player in the team and his foot skills are vital.
3. Patrick Dangerfield. Missed finals the year before he came then made 2 prelims. Had a lingering injury last year and we scraped into the 8. One of the best players in the comp even though his disposal at times can be average.
4. Mark Blicavs. Have become the best defence in the comp since he moved to fullback which explains it all really. Plays on the number 1 forward every week and also can be an rebounding attacking option with his foot skills.
5. Tim Kelly. Has been so instrumental this season so hard to leave him out. Stoppage work has become elite this season, and he just hurts teams going forward every time its in his hands. Shame if he goes.

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I'm surprised by the Essendon supporters having Fantasia so high. I get he's a great player, no disputing that. But this isn't about best, it's about most important.

With the Bombers I reckon it's more Hurley, Daniher, Bellchambers, Hooker.

As we've seen with Richmond, losing FB, FF, Ruck just kills you. Bellchambers might not be their BEST player, but he is a big unit, and he's bloody important.

I think all sides can lose a gun mid or two for a period and cover that much better than a ruck/KPP.

4THAWN

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
1- Tom Mitchell
2- Jarman Impey
3 - Ricky Henderson
4 - James Sicily(down back lol)
5 - Jaeger O'Meara

Would've put Big Boy in there as well, but we actually went alright without him.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Port's a bit difficult given the up and down form of some, and some have replaced people who were very important....

The list would have to include Boak, Dixon, Lycett

Gray is an obvious candidate, we have alot of depth in the backline so I'm reluctant to pick one (in the past Jonas would be it)
Ryder has definitely been covered with Lycett.

Dixon isn't replaceable at all. Boak is just a gun on and off the field, deserves success.

Ryder, Jonas and Hoff all could have been in this last season.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
Nic is a bonus player for us, we can win it with him or without him.
We turned around from a team that couldn’t win without him, to a team able to cope without his influence. We were lucky though that we had Lycett & Vardy have their best months of footy last September to cover.

We are still vulnerable to teams with strong inside games. I don’t think it’s a coincidence our 4 losses this year- (Brisbane, Geelong, Port & Sydney) were against sides with strong inside games. When we don’t have a ruckman giving us first access we have struggled to gain ascendancy in the middle.

I think JK is our #1 most important player, but Nic is a very close second IMO.

So for mine, it’s:

1. JK
2. Nic
3. Yeo
4. Shuey
5. Gov

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
1- Marcus Bontempelli
2- Jason Johannisen
3- Caleb Daniel
4- Sam Lloyd
5- Aaron Naughton

Basically anyone who goes against instructions and kicks more than they handball, sorry to
Matthew Suckling you know you are on my real list the one I can't type out due to all the
hate and potential incrimination.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
We turned around from a team that couldn’t win without him, to a team able to cope without his influence. We were lucky though that we had Lycett & Vardy have their best months of footy last September to cover.

We are still vulnerable to teams with strong inside games. I don’t think it’s a coincidence our 4 losses this year- (Brisbane, Geelong, Port & Sydney) were against sides with strong inside games. When we don’t have a ruckman giving us first access we have struggled to gain ascendancy in the middle.

I think JK is our #1 most important player, but Nic is a very close second IMO.

So for mine, it’s:

1. JK
2. Nic
3. Yeo
4. Shuey
5. Gov

We are also very vulnerable with Nic against someone like Grundy, what Vardy and Lycett did last year against Grundy and Gawn in the finals is play one on one against them and not let them become a link player. Nic has never been that player and probably never will be. Not a knock on Nic it’s just the way it is. On the upside Nic gives us more first use of the footy out of the centre and st stoppages.

jesterwester

Premiership Player
May 1, 2007
Australind
AFL Club
West Coast
We are also very vulnerable with Nic against someone like Grundy, what Vardy and Lycett did last year against Grundy and Gawn in the finals is play one on one against them and not let them become a link player. Nic has never been that player and probably never will be. Not a knock on Nic it’s just the way it is. On the upside Nic gives us more first use of the footy out of the centre and st stoppages.
Positives and Negatives, really. I’d prefer us to get the ball out of the centre. With the new rules and our decent forward line, quick entries are crucial. Best defence is a good offence and all that. A player like Grundy can’t link up if we keep getting the ball out of the centre.

I hope we find a way to really use Hickey in that role, basically tagging the star ruckman. Hickey is strong athletically and not the worst tap ruck going around. I think once the dust settles they will compliment each other well. Especially if Hickey can improve his forward craft to be useful when Nic is in the ruck.

Back