List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance we take them?
As Mofra mentioned, as of right now i can see us taking CCP as a Cat B player while El-Hawli will likely be missed and play at Footscray next season.

Hes a goal sneak and pressure player but hasn't done enough this season for me

Cat B's can't play can they?
Correct, they will need to be promoted to Cat-A (normal rookies)

So for example, Bulldogs left a rookie spot open and auto upgraded Khamis to Cat-A incase they need to play him

ATM he's projected to be a rookie player so i doubt anyone will bid on him
That line of thinking was how we missed out on Ben Long though wasn't it? Admittedly Long was always likely to go higher than rookie but it seems we were hoping to get him with a later pick.

It's a hard call to have to make. Must be a bit nerve-wracking hoping player X will drop to your pick. And then deflating when he doesn't. (Who will I use this pick on NOW?)

That line of thinking was how we missed out on Ben Long though wasn't it? Admittedly Long was always likely to go higher than rookie but it seems we were hoping to get him with a later pick.

It's a hard call to have to make. Must be a bit nerve-wracking hoping player X will drop to your pick. And then deflating when he doesn't. (Who will I use this pick on NOW?)
Would you prefer Ben Long over Tim English?
Since we only had pick 19
Long went at 25 i think

In terms of the overall talent pool, CCP has a lot like him in this draft hence why he would drop imo

As a pure mid hes avg 25 disposals per game but Rebels have moved him as a small forward to prepare his afl development

Would you prefer Ben Long over Tim English?
Since we only had pick 19
Long went at 25 i think

In terms of the overall talent pool, CCP has a lot like him in this draft hence why he would drop imo

As a pure mid hes avg 25 disposals per game but Rebels have moved him as a small forward to prepare his afl development
Not my point. It was never about getting Long at pick 19. It was hoping Long would slip lower. Anyway, in true St Kilda fashion Pick 25 was overs I reckon.

Lipinski went at 28 and is looking good right now. Lewis Young was pick 49. Would have been nice to see Long there, now that Young's development seems to have stalled.

Hope you're right about CCP. Sounds useful and might be what we need.

Not my point. It was never about getting Long at pick 19. It was hoping Long would slip lower. Anyway, in true St Kilda fashion Pick 25 was overs I reckon.

Lipinski went at 28 and is looking good right now. Lewis Young was pick 49. Would have been nice to see Long there, now that Young's development seems to have stalled.

Hope you're right about CCP. Sounds useful and might be what we need.

I think we are in front with Lipinski

Whats Long actually done? Apart from being a "good fit" because hes small, quick and aboriginal?

Would rather each of TE, Lip and Lewy Young 10/10 times
I was relieved we didnt pick long up. I know he bagged a few goals for footscray but i always felt underwhelmed when i saw him live. He is yet to do much for St Kilda. All the best to the fella though, I'm sure he is a lovely dude and i hope he proves me wrong!

Hannan is the one who I'm most upset about. Exactly what we need. Lipinski is making the selection justified now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is the latest will we get Ugle-Hagan or will the AFL change the rules?

I have my doubts that they'd change it so that it effects the immediate next year. I'd say that it's probably going to change to effect academy players about three years down the road.

What is the latest will we get Ugle-Hagan or will the AFL change the rules?
Assuming that the current rules do not change, can someone please explain the process and timings of the NGA picks (in particular Jamarra).
Is it a lock that we would get first dibs on him and how would the draft pick used be determined?
Is it similar to father-son where we would have to wait for another club to nominate and then decide whether we use our next pick?
If the potential is that he may be as good as we hope he will be, does that mean he will essentially be our first pick?
Finally, when is he eligible, this of next years draft?

Assuming that the current rules do not change, can someone please explain the process and timings of the NGA picks (in particular Jamarra).
Is it a lock that we would get first dibs on him and how would the draft pick used be determined?
Is it similar to father-son where we would have to wait for another club to nominate and then decide whether we use our next pick?
If the potential is that he may be as good as we hope he will be, does that mean he will essentially be our first pick?
Finally, when is he eligible, this of next years draft?
Hope this helps

The process of finding NGA players are AFL clubs host training days within their respected area to scout for talent. That talent is then put into an under x age team and play in carnivals across Victoria. We tend to do the V/Line Cup tournaments.

We then placed on an internal list to help track their developments and inform our aligned TAC Teams (Its not official but every club does it for F/S) to give them games and play in x y z spot.
Prime example, Rebels are playing Cooper-Craig as a forward more often even though he's an elite ball winner for Rebels

Once they become 17 years old and playing TAC, we nominate them at the start of the season to inform AFL, so last year Richmond nominated 9 players but only took one player. They did this to ensure one of their talents is secure incase they have a breakout season.

Come a week or two before the draft, AFL clubs have to officially nominate them for the draft which if they are not drafted become Cat B Rookies. So they need to be upgraded to Normal Rookie to play AFL. Prime Example was Buku went undrafted and was taken as a CAT B but due to an open CAT A rookie spot, we automatically upgraded him.

Clubs get a 20% discount on F/S and NGA players so banking draft picks becomes important.

Not really, if Jamarra was in this years draft, our three third round picks would be enough points to match a first round bid. All comes down to when he is bidded on.

He is eligible for next year's draft alongside 28 other players we have in our system atm. Though that list will be cut down later this year

Hope that all makes sense

Might be going a bit early here but I reckon Jamarra could be better then Buddy - potential GOAT in my opinion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back