Preview Changes vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Did everyone forget our AA Yeo as HB? He can sure be there if needs be and rotate Duggan to mid.

Allen gives us tactical flexibility plus he has more size than Rotham and has been in the side longer. Besides I don’t think there is much difference between Rotham and Allen they are similar.

And FMD the Masto whinging is silly he’s playing like crap but sticking a forward or Smith, mallen, achoo or others in his role is pointless

Allen gives us tactical flexibility plus he has more size than Rotham and has been in the side longer. Besides I don’t think there is much difference between Rotham and Allen they are similar.

And FMD the Masto whinging is silly he’s playing like crap but sticking a forward or Smith, mallen, achoo or others in his role is pointless
You serious?

Rotham is chopping it up in the 2's as a defender and has shown plenty in his 3 games in the seniors. With Gov out he would have been Ideal to play that interceptor role.

"He's playing like crap"

Yeah that's not a good reason to play any of the others is it?

I thought "his role" would never be heard of again once priddis retired.

I would've thought any of those players you mentioned could rack up 10 lousy possessions?

"He's playing like crap"

I would've thought any of those players you mentioned could rack up 10 lousy possessions?
Stick anyone of the players I mentioned out there I doubt they break 15 disposals whilst probably ruining structure because they don’t have the tank to be in the correct places

Stick anyone of the players I mentioned out there I doubt they break 15 disposals whilst probably ruining structure because they don’t have the tank to be in the correct places

Well that would be ok because masten is averaging about 10 so we'd get 5 more than the current output and possibly more tackling to boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"He's playing like crap"

His role = synonym for cant do anything else

Anyone else notice masten tackled hard last week - like his job was on the line - like he did in the gf with desperation

Like yeo does every single week

Like little charlie cameron did in his first game

His role = synonym for cant do anything else

Anyone else notice masten tackled hard last week - like his job was on the line - like he did in the gf with desperation

Like yeo does every single week

Like little charlie cameron did in his first game

IMO when you have a first gamer, small forward laying 7 tackles it flows onto the old blokes especially on the fringe. They see a young skinny kid laying tackes and they sub-consciously think "faaark if the kid can tackle I better as well or I'll look like a goose".

Young kids bring energy to the entire group.

Who flew as the emergency?

IMO when you have a first gamer, small forward laying 7 tackles it flows onto the old blokes especially on the fringe. They see a young skinny kid laying tackes and they sub-consciously think "faaark if the kid can tackle I better as well or I'll look like a goose".

Young kids bring energy to the entire group.

Who flew as the emergency?

I just notice that theres players who dont need to be motivated - the hunger and desperation is always there

Rioli could comfortably play wing.He was clocking up big Ks.Please dont tell me Masten would do a better job than him. It will be interesting to see if the Hawks persevere with Scicily up forward.Him,Gunston,Poppy and Mcevoy drifting forward will make it hard for us.Frawley is capable and Burgoyne is classy but getting on.He will try and intimidate our little indigenous forwards.Add the rain and our appalling record against them at the 'G' and we have our work cut out.

Rioli could comfortably play wing.He was clocking up big Ks.Please dont tell me Masten would do a better job than him. It will be interesting to see if the Hawks persevere with Scicily up forward.Him,Gunston,Poppy and Mcevoy drifting forward will make it hard for us.Frawley is capable and Burgoyne is classy but getting on.He will try and intimidate our little indigenous forwards.Add the rain and our appalling record against them at the 'G' and we have our work cut out.

I dont want rioli as a defensive winger - hes x-factor - a constant threat up forward

Id really like to try duggan in the role

I dont want rioli as a defensive winger - hes x-factor - a constant threat up forward

Id like Rioli anywhere,but hes proved he can rack up the kilometres.Weve got Cripps,Cameron,Petrol,Venners and Ryan up forward when all are fit.Its a wonderful pool of talent to have at our disposal.Rioli works hard and is as tough as old boots but Ryan is the one with the most X factor.

I think McEvoy could be a threat up forward, Cellar too for that matter, as we don't have a big tall defender to match up against them. I really like Schoey, but he is what - 196cm?

Duggan in that role would be good. Reads the play well and can lay and break a tackle. He is also very good over head and not afraid to put his body on the line with a big forward leading at him.

I think McEvoy could be a threat up forward, Cellar too for that matter, as we don't have a big tall defender to match up against them. I really like Schoey, but he is what - 196cm?
Yes hes around the 6'5"-6'6" but not renown for his high marking prowess.The Hawks will definitely try to challenge us in the air.The weather will help us there.I hope we have our systems in place and dont have 3-4 defenders flying for the spoil because we are worried by their big blokes.If its wet and greasy we must have blokes on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back