Will Richmond play finals?

Will Richmond Tigers play finals in 2019?

• Yes

Votes: 130 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 16.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaster2012

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Lakers
Looking at the run home now and I can't see Richmond playing finals.

Geelong, Pies, GWS, Eagles, are locks to play finals. Would take an extreme event to see these teams fall out.

Adelaide and Brisbane look like 80-90% chances of playing finals, leaving Port, Freo, Bombers (not a chance imo) and Richmond to fight it out.

Port just beat Geelong, and Freo are playing terrific footy (although a lost to Melbourne hurts)

Richmond will need to get all their players back sometime soon and then essentially almost win every game to just make the 8. An event almost unthinkable at the beginning of the year.

Is 2019 almost curtains for the Tigers?

Next month shapes our chances. Particularly home games v Giants in 3 weeks and Port in 4 weeks. Win the next four and it’s game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next month shapes our chances. Particularly home games v Giants in 3 weeks and Port in 4 weeks. Win the next four and it’s game on.

Tigers have 5 winnable games over the coming weeks to take them to 12, may need to beat Eagles or Lions in their last 2 to cement it.

They also play the Power and Lions so they have the potential to eliminate them from the race by beating them without worrying about other results.

fomoco04

1992, 1994, 2006, 2018
Jun 18, 2007
West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Deportivo, Man U
Unfortunately for Freo their injuries will probably determine if they make it or not.

Few important key positional players missing now.

Unfortunately for Freo their injuries will probably determine if they make it or not.

For a team that doesnt score and that defends, they are missing key players from those areas.

They are the most vulnerable when they leave the state of WA to play.

May 6, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Need Riewoldt back and firing and Nankervis, if we get those two whilst being within a win of 8th I'd give it better than even but unless we get everyone back with some time to find form can't see what we can do in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes they'll make it. The next two weeks will steady the ship and give them confidence playing Saints and Gold Coast. They'll back themselves against the Giants who have a terrible MCG record. At worst between this game and then Port, they'll win one, if not both.

Collingwood, Carlton and Melbourne to follow. Richmond could win all three although obviously the Pies have the recent wood over them ( two comprehensive wins the Prelim being the massive dagger ) In any case they win 2 of those 3 at worst.

Final two games at the G to West Coast and Brizzy. I'd back the Tigers in their final game against the Lions unless the Lions claim a massive road scalp. If the Lions aren't already at that stage a true contender in 2019, then they certainly will be IF they knock the Tiges off. Once again in all likelihood Richmond goes 1 from 2 at worst.

6 from 9 at the least imo for the Tiges.

I'll also add Form is a massive thing stating the obvious. Collingwood play West Coast in two weeks time so one will already drop a game there and be keen to rebound the following week, and weeks thereafter. No one can let form linger especially the bigger sides and their run home is very tough. But with many good sides playing each other, and one's vying to make finals, unless they can go on a massive run they're going to drop games.

Not ALL teams or the bigger one's for this reason, will keep winning and they're going to drop games.

Richmond can still knock anyone off. They make finals.

Last edited:
Need to win 5, possibly 6 of their last 9 games. 7 of those are at the MCG.

I'd be staggered if they don't play finals. Get Riewoldt and Nankervis back and they'll not only play finals but give the flag a shake.

Oboe

Rookie
Jun 26, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes, they should if they can get into their groove. It'll be hard work though with other outcomes going their way as well.

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
Nah can't see it, those players coming back will be under done, been out too long now.

Season is shot, everyone just move along nothing to see.

Old Stuckup

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Chelsea, 76s, Stars
I hope they don't as it would increase our slight odds of making it but they will.

Tigers have 5 winnable games over the coming weeks to take them to 12, may need to beat Eagles or Lions in their last 2 to cement it.

They also play the Power and Lions so they have the potential to eliminate them from the race by beating them without worrying about other results.

If we get up this weekend it puts us one game behind GWS. Roll GC next week and that GWS game becomes massive for both teams. Tiges and Port are on the same points. So again, if both teams keep winning up to that game, then another monster game. Gonna be an unreal month for us.

That’s where the tiges have gone ok. Massive outs all year, and stil got to the break 7 and 6. Now we start getting them back.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Lookout in 2020. With the likes of Sydney Stack having another year under his belt and some fine talent like Bolton maturing, Marlion Pickett getting a run and Rance-Riewodlt being more active, Tigers will be a ******* force once more.

Can still play a big part in 2019 too.

Lookout in 2020. With the likes of Sydney Stack having another year under his belt and some fine talent like Bolton maturing, Marlion Pickett getting a run and Rance-Riewodlt being more active, Tigers will be a ******* force once more.

Can still play a big part in 2019 too.

Caught up with Jack on Weds and had a very brief chat. Said the brightside of the injuries is we have got 2 years of development into some of the kids which fast tracks them even more.
Lynch gets a full pre season hopefully next off season as well. It’s not all doom and gloom at tigerland. But this is gonna be one crazy finish to the year.

Back