Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Speaking of Isa, I know his club hasn’t been announced yet but I’m going to take a punt and suggest it’s the club that Xavi has just been announced as the new manager of. If I’m right pretty cool because of a) the money and b) a spanish dude getting to play under xavi
I reckon you might be right.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Interesting.

Don't think he will suit the way they are used to playing. Will be fun watching him here, wonder if he will incite our fans like he did other opposition.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
disappointing dylan mcgowan comes back to the a league and goes to western sydney.
It is, but the fact we have Jako and Elsey meant someone was going to sit on the bench.... and they are paid way too much for that.

I reckon we will go youth for a backup CB

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Marone was a better centre back than Elsey.... and that's not even his best position.
This year he was, Elsey had a shocker and just as he was starting to improve he got injured.

New coach arrived, loved his presser. We aren't going to lose much in terms of personality that's for sure.

Let's hope the results come.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He's the enemy now, and thus we need to bury him and his club the first chance we get.

chazwazza

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2012
Thebarton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club
club needs to announce a signing soon, bringing back ex players as coaches isnt cutting it when you see the other clubs doing business and our ex coach just joining the rival side.
I won’t be getting my membership until I see some convincing signings.
Talk is cheap.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Gee we've got some precious supporters.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Why blindly follow something who isn't putting in as much as you'd expect. We always leave signings late, never sign a decent striker & other clubs always beat us to signings. I don't blame anyone not renewing until we actually see something...
I buy my membership to support the team. So you are saying we shouldn't renew when we're losing ??

Fairweather.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I buy my membership to support the team. So you are saying we shouldn't renew when we're losing ??

Fairweather.
Not when we're losing. When we show zero ambition...

Did well last year, now as per usual we need to start again. New coach & need a LB, RB, CMx2, Striker, winger and probably a play maker/CAM.

Add to this the only players we're linked with are ones who previously rejected us multiple times like Troisi and can you blame someone not blindly giving them money? I don't. Give us a reason to care other than 'we like soccer and live here'...

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
We don't need a RB, we have 2 perfectly capable, we certainly don't need wingers either.

The coach has been here 5 minutes, we will be fine.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
We don't need a RB, we have 2 perfectly capable, we certainly don't need wingers either.

The coach has been here 5 minutes, we will be fine.
Don't need wingers?! I mean, I know Mileusnic is real quality (sarcasm. He's a donkey, a fast one but a donkey nonetheless) but I think we should aim slightly higher than that. We most certainly do need a winger & probably 2 when Goodwin inevitably gets a better offer

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Don't need wingers?! I mean, I know Mileusnic is real quality (sarcasm. He's a donkey, a fast one but a donkey nonetheless) but I think we should aim slightly higher than that. We most certainly do need a winger & probably 2 when Goodwin inevitably gets a better offer
Goodwin and Halloran are 2 of the better ones in the league, then you have a bunch of talented kids who can easily fill the breach. Doesn't sound like Goody wants to go anywhere.

Mileusnic isn't a donkey, however I do accept he is highly inconsistent. Strain could also play further up.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Goodwin and Halloran are 2 of the better ones in the league, then you have a bunch of talented kids who can easily fill the breach. Doesn't sound like Goody wants to go anywhere.

Mileusnic isn't a donkey, however I do accept he is highly inconsistent. Strain could also play further up.
Strain at RB for me. Halloren is quite good but inconsistent himself, though we played him out of position a fair bit last year which can't have helped.
Mileuseless is a donkey though. No 2 ways about it

We need a striker, that has to be the priority but doesn't sound like the coach agrees. We also need someone to create (I doubt we find anyone near as good as Isa for the holding midfield role either unfortunately)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
George came good at the end of last season and he does fit into the Dutch way.

Imports should be a defensive mid, left back/wing and a 10. Troisi probably comes in at 10 though and I'm not sure I like that

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool

Milusenic has pace. The story and description ends there before I delve into negatives.

Halloran is great at getting into attacking positions, linking up, creating space, making false runs and getting on the end of attacks. Definitely one of the better Aussie wingers in the league. He doesn't have polish with his finishing/passing but that's why he's playing in the HAL not Europe still.

Strain has played centre mid for us before. Actually has a good eye to thread a pass.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Strain at RB for me. Halloren is quite good but inconsistent himself, though we played him out of position a fair bit last year which can't have helped.
Mileuseless is a donkey though. No 2 ways about it

We need a striker, that has to be the priority but doesn't sound like the coach agrees. We also need someone to create (I doubt we find anyone near as good as Isa for the holding midfield role either unfortunately)
Strain at RB for me as well - I prefer Marrone to Elsey at CB as well. Elsey is far too clumsy, don't trust him.
Wouldn't mind us looking to use a international slot on a left wing back. Someone linking up with Goody (with quality) down the left rather than a recycled A-League dude on his 7th club is preferable.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Strain at RB for me as well - I prefer Marrone to Elsey at CB as well. Elsey is far too clumsy, don't trust him.
Wouldn't mind us looking to use a international slot on a left wing back. Someone linking up with Goody (with quality) down the left rather than a recycled A-League dude on his 7th club is preferable.
Given LB has been a huge issue for the Socceroos it's best we look overseas for one.

That and an OS 10 and striker.

Back