Game Day Rd 15: West Coast Eagles Vs. Hawthorn Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

This just feels like such a danger game.

On paper we should canter home, even with our outs, but I can't help but have a feeling of impending doom.

Clarko, wet weather, 2 first choice KPD out, Yeo calves on ice last week, Naita's first run back...

These are the games we managed to win last year. Hopefully we can carry on from last week.
now you got me worried- Clarko's always lurking around...we can do wet weather ok...2KPD's -meh, still got hurn, shep, roth, schoey, nelson, duggan, cole, jets...yeo's calves, he's fine...NN's first run, he's itchin' to go!! Think of the incentive to lock in top four...

Last edited:
now you got me worried?? Clarko's always lurking around...we can do wet weather ok...2KPD's -meh, still got hurn, shep, roth, schoey, nelson, duggan, cole, jets...yeo's calves, he's fine...NN's first run, he's itchin' to go!! Think of the incentive to lock in top four...
Really only the Gov out from the team that played our best footy for the year..
TB hasnt played all year.

Really only the Gov out from the team that played our best footy for the year..
TB hasnt played all year.
Yes, was thinking the same thing, we've had only one-the Gov for most games, so we're not missing TB as such, he's the cherry on the pie, along with NN?

My thoughts...

We beat Collingwood in Melbourne for the first time in years last year and again this year.

We beat Hawks in Melbourne last year after a decent period and we will again tomorrow.

Actually feel like we'll lock them down well, limit them to 6-7 goals and kick 11-12 ourselves.

Go Eagles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some matches are more equal than others - this no doubt is one that the team would have put a big circle around at the start of the season.

Beat Hawthorn at the MCG and shake off the last monkey from 2015.

With Naitanui back, the whole team will be manic early with the psychological boost that his presence provides - I genuinely feel if the club is able to execute early then this could be over as a contest by quarter time.

The last time Naitanui played for West Coast, Sheed had been consigned to East Perth for a month.

I don't think people realise just how damaging the combination of West Coast midfielders, Naitanui and 6-6-6 starting positions is going to be.

I have a feeling this will be the week the club puts the rest of the competition on notice.

I feel a bit worried, especially given the weather, but Hawks play a similar marking gamestyle to us so feel it might handicap them too. Will be up to small forwards, crumbing ground balls and ball gets. Hope it's not an ugly slogfest. Will be at the game, really hope we just get the job done, just feel a loss to the Hawks will be shattering, and would kinda make me lose faith in us this year. Wouldn't totally write us off, but to lose at the MCG against the Hawks, who've been playing poorly would be pretty shite. But getting ahead of myself, come on boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some matches are more equal than others - this no doubt is one that the team would have put a big circle around at the start of the season.

Beat Hawthorn at the MCG and shake off the last monkey from 2015.

With Naitanui back, the whole team will be manic early with the psychological boost that his presence provides - I genuinely feel if the club is able to execute early then this could be over as a contest by quarter time.

The last time Naitanui played for West Coast, Sheed had been consigned to East Perth for a month.

I don't think people realise just how damaging the combination of West Coast midfielders, Naitanui and 6-6-6 starting positions is going to be.

I have a feeling this will be the week the club puts the rest of the competition on notice.
Agreed. Also the WCE have been shedding monkeys for the last few years. Soon we will be completely hoodoo free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back