AFL Rd 15 - Other Games Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger listed as done on app. Not watching but let me guess hes done the slightest of injuries acting like its season ending only to come back on in heroic fashion to win the game by dump kicking it forward like usual

Danger listed as done on app. Not watching but let me guess hes done the slightest of injuries acting like its season ending only to come back on in heroic fashion to win the game by dump kicking it forward like usual

Came back on after everyone else at half time down the race with the camera fixated on him. Flog

Came back on after everyone else at half time down the race with the camera fixated on him. Flog
Amazing ... he had over 20mins to get his ribs or whatever tapped up, but needed those couple of minutes into the quarter.

Meanwhile, speaking of complete flogs, Tex looks terrified of having the ball in his hands. The last goal he set up, he couldn't have looked less interested in getting anywhere near it

Must be a weird injury Dangerfield has ... seems to be perfectly fine when he's going after the ball, but really plays up when he doesn't win it or he makes a mistake.
Takes me back to the I’m too sick to go to school Mum days. One minute a critical belly ache and potential vomiting. Once the sick day was officially confirmed it took me about 45 seconds to spear the lid off a brand new tin of Milo

I am a little confused with a remark that Ling said , something about the ground at Geelong being narrower than other grounds and that is why players continue to kick the ball out on the full . Surely they are professional players and know where the boundary line is . Do they kick with their eyes closed ? Is Ling on a diet ? And can he at least pretend to be neutral when talking about the cats , not the "we" he slips into . Over 80,000 turned up to see the Dees play the Cats last year in the finals , do you seriously believe that game should have been played at Geelong channel 7 FFS ? A discussion only had when the game is boring the commentary team to death .

I am a little confused with a remark that Ling said , something about the ground at Geelong being narrower than other grounds and that is why players continue to kick the ball out on the full . Surely they are professional players and know where the boundary line is . Do they kick with their eyes closed ? Is Ling on a diet ? And can he at least pretend to be neutral when talking about the cats , not the "we" he slips into . Over 80,000 turned up to see the Dees play the Cats last year in the finals , do you seriously believe that game should have been played at Geelong channel 7 FFS ? A discussion only had when the game is boring the commentary team to death .

94k at our final vs them last year.

94k at our final vs them last year.
If we ever got our s**t together , some people might be surprised at how big we could be . I am not , but my generation is ageing and getting to the point of dementia , but we live in hope that you young ones don't lose faith . Personally i think Goodwin is not an innovator, more a reactionary type of coach , i hope i am wrong , as i think we have the base of a team that can do stuff . This year , for a number of reasons , has been s**t, doesn't mean next year will be the same . Lets get our best team on the ground an then judge if we are s**t or not .

Takes me back to the I’m too sick to go to school Mum days. One minute a critical belly ache and potential vomiting. Once the sick day was officially confirmed it took me about 45 seconds to spear the lid off a brand new tin of Milo
Yep I used to plan it the night before so mum would already walk in in the morning asking if I was feeling sick, give her the thumbs up and then bang on goes the 64 and we are away

Yep I used to plan it the night before so mum would already walk in in the morning asking if I was feeling sick, give her the thumbs up and then bang on goes the 64 and we are away

And look at you now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callum Sinclair dislocated his shoulder five minutes into the game, and then has dislocated it again with about 30 seconds to go in the first quarter. Who'd have thunk that would happen? The mythical healing powers of tape have been quashed.

Glad to see the Hawks lose that one.

Also a very bizare free aginst GC for a legal tackle when a swans player had a shot on goal, likely to be ticked off by the AFL as usual.

Glad to see the Hawks lose that one.

Also a very bizare free aginst GC for a legal tackle when a swans player had a shot on goal, likely to be ticked off by the AFL as usual.

Yep, Hanley did nothing wrong there. Wasn't late, wasn't excessive use of force, wasn't high, and the Swans got a goal out of it.

Just watching Hinkley give his players a bit of a spray after an underwhelming first quarter.. makes me wonder - has Goody ever given our players a spray at any time during his tenure? I don't recall him looking even the slightest bit animated during any of our breaks, even when we are getting flogged.

All well and good to be the players best mate, but every great coach needs to be able to flick that psychotic switch and deliver a scathing takedown to fire up his charges. or at the very least deliver a john northey-esque death stare. Goody outwardly is completely emotionless, which some might say is not overreacting to things, which is fair enough, but bloody hell it would be nice to see him get angry once in a while.

Reckon the last time he really got proper mad was when he had a go at that journo outside an adelaide pub on mad monday

Just watching Hinkley give his players a bit of a spray after an underwhelming first quarter.. makes me wonder - has Goody ever given our players a spray at any time during his tenure? I don't recall him looking even the slightest bit animated during any of our breaks, even when we are getting flogged.

All well and good to be the players best mate, but every great coach needs to be able to flick that psychotic switch and deliver a scathing takedown to fire up his charges. or at the very least deliver a john northey-esque death stare. Goody outwardly is completely emotionless, which some might say is not overreacting to things, which is fair enough, but bloody hell it would be nice to see him get angry once in a while.

Reckon the last time he really got proper mad was when he had a go at that journo outside an adelaide pub on mad monday

I still reckon hes a bit too friendly with the players but hard for us to say for sure from the outside.

Jed Anderson is a great kick, no idea if he is always like that but i don't think i have seen him miss a target.

Like what the Dogs are putting together. They've got a lot of good young players and if they can turn Schache into a decent forward and find a bit more defensive depth, they'll be a dangerous side next year.

I don't know the context but that game was our home final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back