Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be captain next year
Demanding job being permanent Ruckman where personal positioning is vital, then organising midfield setups, big leap to then also be organising team structures and acting as onfield coach.
Doubt we will ever see an AFL Ruckman captain again. He's a good leader.

Demanding job being permanent Ruckman where personal positioning is vital, then organising midfield setups, big leap to then also be organising team structures and acting as onfield coach.
Doubt we will ever see an AFL Ruckman captain again. He's a good leader.
Interesting observation.
Bucks was talking about Pendles and how he organises structures, positioning etc.
They showed him some footage where he was doing it and it may have impacted his own positioning.
Brodes is constantly on the move and always has to get to the next stoppage.
It would potentially impact him/us - good point, well made.

Interesting observation.
Bucks was talking about Pendles and how he organises structures, positioning etc.
They showed him some footage where he was doing it and it may have impacted his own positioning.
Brodes is constantly on the move and always has to get to the next stoppage.
It would potentially impact him/us - good point, well made.
A good argument for why Grundy shouldn't be captain but I feel he would add a lot to the leadership group.

Some hard facts there :$

A two OR three year deal? Come on Jay when you’re going for me me me time you could at least be firm with the speculation! It doesn’t even make logical sense because when you take a long term deal you generally sacrifice a little on the $’s for the security.

Fortunately for the powers that be I sincerely doubt there’s any truth to it.

Last edited:

His hair, so lovely, luxurious. Thank the heavens he doesn't always hide it in a hat.

I love you Brodes. I'm not saying that this will have any currency in your pending contractual negotiations, but just know that you are loved. A lot.

A good argument for why Grundy shouldn't be captain but I feel he would add a lot to the leadership group.
He actually is in the secondary leadership group?

He might very well be captain assuming he’d want to be; he may just not want such a role.
That’s what will determine such things.

He’s such a boss!

Because the guys at FF would never fluff up a story for click bait?

And no-one is saying that it couldn’t be true, just that there is nothing in the article to give it any credibility at all.
And as I clearly stated, those at FF are not going to burn their sources just for your satisfaction.
I perceive credibility because I understand how things work in a closed environment like the AFL.

What a bizarre statement? Can you enlighten us as to who these former personalities were in regards to Kirby’s post? Given you know they aren’t breaking confidence obviously...
Plenty of former players/coaches/administrators work for FF.
Even current Presidents.
Even current players who may or may not be in the loop.

A8C797EB-5AD9-4443-83DE-1D620A762C6C.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speculation is one of the parties want a 6 or 7 year deal
$5 million over seven years. That’s more than enough to buy a nice house in Northcote and revel in the hipster lifestyle.

Only a tick over $700k a year?

That'd be wonderful for us as a Club, but can't see it happening.
You’d give him eight years at $700k what a steal.

He’ll be getting quite a bit more, agree.

As he should.

Only a tick over $700k a year?

That'd be wonderful for us as a Club, but can't see it happening.
Long term security and playing at the best club in the land. Great deal for him and us.

Ruckman traditionally age well, so the pies aren't taking a huge risk there, but the asking price is a little OTT.

What's the expected cap increase over the next 7 years? Maybe that could give the purported numbers some better perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back