Brandon Walker 9 possessions 3 marks 4 tackles 2 behinds
Chris Walker 9 possessions 2 marks 4 tackles
Keanu Haddow 14 possessions 4 marks 4 tackles
Leno Thomas 14 possessions 2 marks 4 tackles 5 inside 50s

Aug 23, 2017
Grounded
AFL Club
Fremantle
The pick of our 2004/2005 NGA boys are playing the curtain raiser at the Derby this weekend against a district representative side. Some of us in Bigfooty have family playing.

Game starts at 3.55pm. I feel more invested in this game than the one following it, unfortunately.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What number is your guy playing. I was watching the Woodside cup game pre the Freo-Carlton game and a couple of guys were guns.. just had no idea who was who.

Team sheet and numbers to names would be great!

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Son of a gun Kobe Farmer may not have inherited the “Wizard” nickname but he’s already learnt how to cast spells on the footy field.

The 16-year-old Fremantle Next Generation Academy member shares plenty of traits with father Jeff, a human highlight reel during his 249-game AFL career at the Dockers and Demons.

He tackles hard. He creates strong pressure. And most importantly, he knows where the goals are.

Jeff Farmer celebrates kicking a goal at Subiaco Oval in 2002.
Jeff Farmer celebrates kicking a goal at Subiaco Oval in 2002.Picture: AFL Photos/GSP
“I always have a look at his highlights and try to do a couple of things on the field like him,” Kobe said.
Kobe has burst on to the WAFL futures scene with six goals in two games for Peel Thunder, earning a league debut at Peel Football League outfit Mandurah Mustangs.
The silky-skilled right-footer was recently promoted to the Thunder’s colts training squad and is desperate to break into the team by season’s end.
Fremantle superstar Michael Walters and champion defender Michael Johnson have taken Kobe, who qualifies for the father-son selection at both of his dad’s former clubs in 2021, under their wing.
Jeff Farmer, who kicked 224 goals in 131 games at Freo after crossing from Melbourne ahead of the 2002 season, was “proud and very humbled” to be named in the club’s “25 since 95” team last night, voted on by fans. “There’s been a lot of players that have come through, some that have shaped the football club over the last 25 years that aren’t in the team but played a crucial part as well,” Farmer said.
Hard-fought western derby victories and the Dockers’ 2006 finals assault are among Farmer’s greatest memories at the port club, but one fairytale moment against his former club truly stands out.
“My first game playing against my old team Melbourne (in round eight, 2002), it was a shot after the siren to win game,” Farmer said.
Jeff Farmer shows his son Kobe - a Fremantle Next Generation Academy member - how it's done from the boundary line. Video: Twitter / FreoDockers
0:20 | Twitter - FreoDockers

Play Video
“The western derbies were very fierce and tough games, the majority of them we managed to win, which is also pretty good.
“The opportunity to be able to play in Fremantle’s first ever final (in 2003) and when we got to the prelim final against Sydney in ‘06 and sadly missed out on the opportunity of being able to play in the grand final and maybe winning a flag back then.
“Every opportunity to play in front of my family, every second week, was also precious.”

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Wiz was interviewed tonight on 6pr. Very entertaining interview, and he did have some very good words to say about the Fremantle Next generation academy, but he also mentioned that his son had 2 chances to be drafted in a couple of years to either Melbourne or Fremantle.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Who else thinks Henry will go second round? After the Carlton fiasco we really need outside class.
I actually think he is quite likely to go after our 2nd (say,after pick 30). There is some terrific talent in the mid and small forward areas right through until then, so I don't expect clubs who wan't have a realistic shot of actually gaining him being bothered.

mayne man

Senior List
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
The game is live on the afl website if anyone is interested. Liam Henry has had 13 possessions in the first half on the wing and has been elite with his ball use.

Aug 17, 2007
Vic Park
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, NFAFC
Been watching, he's had 13 touches and most have been all class with the exception of one left foot shank. Has been playing up the ground a bit and has spotted players up for at least 2 shots at goal I've seen.

I'm a harsh man and there's been 2 things I didn't like:
1. Ball was kicked to him and he was flat footed waiting for it. It ended up in an intercept in a dangerous spot. Kick to him wasn't great but I'd like to see him attack it.
2. Ball on the wing in a 1v1 contest and Henry next one in. Instead of shepparding the other player out or attacking the contest he hung back waiting for it to come out. Ended in the ball going over the line.

Very minor things and overall he's looked fantastic

TheMcManusNose

Premiership Player
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
Impressed by Henry. Good pace, skills and composure.

I don't think we need to worry about matching a bid with our first though. Some of the others were seriously impressive. Robertson, Rivers for WA. The two half backs for VC in Ash and Young. Jackson was very good, but i'm not sure what he is at AFL level (unless he grows a touch more).

I think he probably does attract a bid before our second now though. Mind you, i'd rather he show a lot and cost us more than not show anything and come cheaper.

Dirty_banchez

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Henry played the game I had been waiting all championships for him to play. If he had nailed those 3 goals then he would have had a complete game.

Taylor has serious X-Factor. He flashes in and out of games due to lack of fitness but he looks incredibly dangerous when given space.

Arkhitect

Bleeding Purple
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
It makes sense why we passed on Ian Hill now.

Grab a raw, high risk/high reward recruit in Sturt last year, with the likely goal this year of bringing in a comparable academy product in Henry.

It looks to be an inspired move now that Henry's had a great carnival.

Back