2nds Peel Thunder 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad day for footy afterall

Good quarter by Peel. Went forward with a lot of purpose. Had the wind.

Sturt looks a real talent. Meek is killing it in the ruck. Best I have seen him play.

North and Crowden been busy.

All the backs have been solid.

Damn..Bell is a good player.

Not a bad day for footy afterall

Good quarter by Peel. Went forward with a lot of purpose. Had the wind.

Sturt looks a real talent. Meek is killing it in the ruck. Best I have seen him play.

North and Crowden been busy.

All the backs have been solid.

Damn..Bell is a good player.

Maybe the trip to Mel last week inspired Meeks.

What’s going on with Nyhuis only 1 disposal. Is he just starved of opportunity.

Anybody at the game? Did Sturt move forward from a wing/half-back in the last? Or did he simply get off the chain a bit more? Would love to hear about his game and how he's being used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peel need the percentage to get back in the Top 5 at the expense of West Perth who are about 3- 4 goals down against Subiaco.

I rate him too but he seems to be one of those players that the Match Committee takes forever to pick but then first player they drop. Unfortunately I can see us delisting him this year. Not sure what the knock on him is?
Exact same as Taberner. Worked his butt off, whilst Kersten was getting 1 goal 6 marks. No idea what Ross has against him. Rate Nyhuis higher then Duman imo.

Meek’s obviously enjoying being the only ruck in the side and not having to share the role with Jones. It’s helping Peel too. The 2 and 3 rucks kills them!

It wouldn’t surprise me if Nyhuis has lost some motivation. He couldn’t be doing any more to derserve a spot and yet gets overlooked in a squad of 26 this week.

Good to see Sturt start to shine. Got high hopes for him, he looks a ripper. Also good that the mids (Crowden and North) hit the scoreboard.

Meek’s obviously enjoying being the only ruck in the side and not having to share the role with Jones. It’s helping Peel too. The 2 and 3 rucks kills them!

It wouldn’t surprise me if Nyhuis has lost some motivation. He couldn’t be doing any more to derserve a spot and yet gets overlooked in a squad of 26 this week.

Good to see Sturt start to shine. Got high hopes for him, he looks a ripper. Also good that the mids (Crowden and North) hit the scoreboard.
I'm in Melbourne and just looking at the stats.

Unless, you are at the game, who know's if he played well or not. Especially, Nyhuis who can play a shut down role.

Nyhuis is on the rookie list and got a run of about 3 games. The first game was very very good. The next two not so much. The reality is that he is down the pecking order. There are players at every club like Nyhuis in and out of the team.

There is another on our list Crowden - named emergency 10-11 times this season equal most in the competition. Averaging 25 possessions and 8.5 tackles per game in the WAFL and he has played 0 games so far in 2019. I for one support Cerra being chosen. He is a classy top 5 pick who needs to play league where possible. Unlike McCarthy being rushed back after illness he had the bye, a week off for the Port game and then a game in the WAFL that he worked into well in the 2nd half.

Nyhuis (and Crowden) need to bide their time and make hay while the sun shines when they get their opportunity. Banfield can be thrown into this mix and he gets his second chance tomorrow.

Nyhuis is on the rookie list and got a run of about 3 games. The first game was very very good. The next two not so much. The reality is that he is down the pecking order. There are players at every club like Nyhuis in and out of the team.

There is another on our list Crowden - named emergency 10-11 times this season equal most in the competition. Averaging 25 possessions and 8.5 tackles per game in the WAFL and he has played 0 games so far in 2019. I for one support Cerra being chosen. He is a classy top 5 pick who needs to play league where possible. Unlike McCarthy being rushed back after illness he had the bye, a week off for the Port game and then a game in the WAFL that he worked into well in the 2nd half.

Nyhuis (and Crowden) need to bide their time and make hay while the sun shines when they get their opportunity. Banfield can be thrown into this mix and he gets his second chance tomorrow.

I thought Nyhuis had 2 good games, the third not so much, but I may’ve remembered that incorrectly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back