Discussion Random Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a trend happening all around the place. Trump's election and even the election here. Even in our election you can see it in the booth by booth. In the inner city area there were swings to Labor. The more you went out of the city it changed the other way.

I can only assume people feel they're being left behind and ignored with the more progressive side of politics.
I live in a very safe Nationals seat and taking to people after the election there's a lot of truth in what you say, some of the things that Labour ran on that had no traction, Women's issues came over as manufactured and disingenuous, Franking credits couldn't be explained, Death Taxes people believed, the negative gearing issues went flat, most of the kids that were supposed to vote for the environment voted for Grandma and Grandpa, the family trust, the farm and the holiday house/investment property their going to inherit but most of all people just disliked Bill, even blokes in the timber industry that have been unionists for 50years wouldn't vote for him.

The irony is that it's been State Labour governments that have kept this place alive for the last 20 years, massive Hospital extension and resulting jobs, massive extensions to DWELPI and the consequent jobs, the same for the local timber Mill closed under the Libs but reopened by CFMEU and a Labour Government. The drought from 85 to 98 saw Ovine Johnes ravage farming around Ensay, Kennet's answer was simply to buy the land back at below value, saved a few from complete bankruptcy, but destroyed just as many, then the floods in 98 well let's just say the response was as little as possible. Ensay is still there but no school, no post office, no football club and deregistered as a town, but you can be sure than no one voted for Labour.

Truth is people aren't rational, they have beliefs and emotions that they rationalise, they do things more from habit than reason and it's always easier to believe than think.

Labour wasn't elected because Bill was unelectable for too many people, 10 years ago Bill was one of the faceless men that tore down K Rudd, then the same with Julia, then a Royal Commission to blacken his name even more, people just didn't believe in him didn't even want to believe in him, Libs made the election about Bill and ran an empty chair with a cap on it against him. The empty chair won.

If anyone is looking for some carpet planks for a games room ect let me know , they are free , Take a look if interested . Pick up Melb CBD

So you try do your fellow big footy forum members something nice and offer them some FREE carpet tiles only to have some sack of Sh1t from on here send me a message calling me Kent on gumtree , Very nice you keyboard warrior

I live in a very safe Nationals seat and taking to people after the election there's a lot of truth in what you say, some of the things that Labour ran on that had no traction, Women's issues came over as manufactured and disingenuous, Franking credits couldn't be explained, Death Taxes people believed, the negative gearing issues went flat, most of the kids that were supposed to vote for the environment voted for Grandma and Grandpa, the family trust, the farm and the holiday house/investment property their going to inherit but most of all people just disliked Bill, even blokes in the timber industry that have been unionists for 50years wouldn't vote for him.

The irony is that it's been State Labour governments that have kept this place alive for the last 20 years, massive Hospital extension and resulting jobs, massive extensions to DWELPI and the consequent jobs, the same for the local timber Mill closed under the Libs but reopened by CFMEU and a Labour Government. The drought from 85 to 98 saw Ovine Johnes ravage farming around Ensay, Kennet's answer was simply to buy the land back at below value, saved a few from complete bankruptcy, but destroyed just as many, then the floods in 98 well let's just say the response was as little as possible. Ensay is still there but no school, no post office, no football club and deregistered as a town, but you can be sure than no one voted for Labour.

Truth is people aren't rational, they have beliefs and emotions that they rationalise, they do things more from habit than reason and it's always easier to believe than think.

Labour wasn't elected because Bill was unelectable for too many people, 10 years ago Bill was one of the faceless men that tore down K Rudd, then the same with Julia, then a Royal Commission to blacken his name even more, people just didn't believe in him didn't even want to believe in him, Libs made the election about Bill and ran an empty chair with a cap on it against him. The empty chair won.

The country folks are rusted on too. My family were originally farmers and my family were generationally Country party which was like a precursor to the Nationals. My grandmother voted for Rudd and and it a massive shift for her, she thought that the coalition had walked away from the country. She was pretty much alone amongst her friends though.

The shift that the poor did towards the right of the political spectrum was a after the working class got educated and the uneducated found them alienating and pompous. The left has a tendency to want to help people...only the people with issues don't feel they need fixing so feel patronised.

The educated middle classes tend to vote labor or Greens because they are about issues that make them feel good about themselves as "good people". The welfare class and borderline workers find the old fashioned "* everybody else" attitude more inline with their feeling that they barely have enough for themselves so can't be helping every one with an issue or spending a dollar on frivolous things like the environment.

Immigrants overwhelmingly tend to want to pull the door closed behind them and lock out other opportunists coming in. They often have religious background which are in alignment with old fashioned "values" which are ironically unaligned with the tenets of their teachings.

Agree 100% on Bill, I have mates in the sate Labor party who don't like him. They reckon he's been a liability for years and thought his policy directions were poorly thought out and explained. He literally spend 4 years saying FA and all he had to do was Bradbury the election....only a few months out he went all policy heavy in some act of self aggrandisement.

Bill came up against vested interests that were willing to play dirty and he got rolled. At least the absolute economic incompetence that the Libs have displayed under this administration should end the bullshit narrative of them having superior economic management skills. They shat the bed and now they'll lie in their own mess.

So you try do your fellow big footy forum members something nice and offer them some FREE carpet tiles only to have some sack of Sh1t from on here send me a message calling me Kent on gumtree , Very nice you keyboard warrior

Sorry, it was too tempting....only joking it wasn't me, but that's actually quite good. I reckon the text came from Geelong and the guy was a questionably qualified doctor.

Gumtree is like inviting insanity into your life. I tried to sell a table saw thing that I bought and never used, it took quarter of the shed up. This guy got me to take it down and said he was 10 minutes away then turned out 4 hours later he hadn't left Ballarat, called at about 11.45 at night saying he was nearly there and then after being told he couldn't come begged for me to not send him back to Ballarat with out it...then didn't show up. He was ******* mental. He would have called or texted 50 times.

I gave away some kids beds on there as well and because they were free I had a heap of people wanting them, at least 3 turned up in cars so small it was physically impossible to fit one let alone two in. Eventually two junkies came and took them and had their kids wedged under two mattresses. I use facebook marketplace now.

Last edited:
The country folks are rusted on too. My family were originally farmers and my family were generationally Country party which was like a precursor to the Nationals. My grandmother voted for Rudd and and it a massive shift for her, she thought that the coalition had walked away from the country. She was pretty much alone amongst her friends though.

The shift that the poor did towards the right of the political spectrum was a after the working class got educated and the uneducated found them alienating and pompous. The left has a tendency to want to help people...only the people with issues don't feel they need fixing so feel patronised.

The educated middle classes tend to vote labor or Greens because they are about issues that make them feel good about themselves as "good people". The welfare class and borderline workers find the old fashioned "**** everybody else" attitude more inline with their feeling that they barely have enough for themselves so can't be helping every one with an issue or spending a dollar on frivolous things like the environment.

Immigrants overwhelmingly tend to want to pull the door closed behind them and lock out other opportunists coming in. They often have religious background which are in alignment with old fashioned "values" which are ironically unaligned with the tenets of their teachings.

Agree 100% on Bill, I have mates in the sate Labor party who don't like him. They reckon he's been a liability for years and thought his policy directions were poorly thought out and explained. He literally spend 4 years saying FA and all he had to do was Bradbury the election....only a few months out he went all policy heavy in some act of self aggrandisement.

Bill came up against vested interests that were willing to play dirty and he got rolled. At least the absolute economic incompetence that the Libs have displayed under this administration should end the ******** narrative of them having superior economic management skills. They shat the bed and now they'll lie in their own mess.
All true!
I've known people vote for bizarre reasons, Kennett wore a nice suit, he got the Grand Prix to Melbourne, Pauline Hanson is a sexy woman. even one bloke thought Tony eating the onion was cool. At least your lot thought a little about it.
I can tell you the bush is ripe for a takeover, any one that will offer farmers rate relief in time of drought will get them running in droves.

All true!
I've known people vote for bizarre reasons, Kennett wore a nice suit, he got the Grand Prix to Melbourne, Pauline Hanson is a sexy woman. even one bloke thought Tony eating the onion was cool. At least your lot thought a little about it.
I can tell you the bush is ripe for a takeover, any one that will offer farmers rate relief in time of drought will get them running in droves.
Say what :think:

All true!
The Nationals are a disgrace - they purport to represent rural and regional Australia but are in fact a bunch of gutless self serving rent seekers.

If they truly were interested in helping R & R Australia they need to do one thing and one thing only - break up the coalition and stand as a truly independent voice.

Then at every election align with whichever major party that delivers the best outcome for the people they supposedly represent.

Sorry, it was too tempting....only joking it wasn't me, but that's actually quite good. I reckon the text came from Geelong and the guy was a questionably qualified doctor.

Gumtree is like inviting insanity into your life. I tried to sell a table saw thing that I bought and never used, it took quarter of the shed up. This guy got me to take it down and said he was 10 minutes away then turned out 4 hours later he hadn't left Ballarat, called at about 11.45 at night saying he was nearly there and then after being told he couldn't come begged for me to not send him back to Ballarat with out it...then did show up. He was ******* mental. He would have called or texted 50 times.

I gave away some kids beds on there as well and because they were free I had a heap of people wanting them, at least 3 turned up in cars so small it was physically impossible to fit one let alone two in. Eventually two junkies came and took them and had their kids wedged under two mattresses. I use facebook marketplace now.
Never post anything for free on those sites gents - put $50 on it and if the person who comes to collect is genuine then you hand it over for free. It stops the deadshits and on sellers.

The Nationals are a disgrace - they purport to represent rural and regional Australia but are in fact a bunch of gutless self serving rent seekers.

If they truly were interested in helping R & R Australia they need to do one thing and one thing only - break up the coalition and stand as a truly independent voice.

Then at every election align with whichever major party that delivers the best outcome for the people they supposedly represent.
They're only interested in Mining and big Agri Business, the rest are just patsies for them, as long as the little farmer and country business votes for them without question why would they change!

The turning point for me was when the Farmers Federation bankrolled the docklands dispute.

You want to see some of the dead wood the Nationals put up, Tim Bull is the current drone, turns up for any photo op, but utterly useless and he's been a member since 2010. His predecessor was David Treasure (RIP 2018) was there for two terms and famous for not being recorded in Hansard as having said anything in 8 years of parliament, other than his maiden speech. After 4 years he was known as 'hidden treasure' after 8 he became 'buried treasure' and that's from the people that liked him, and he was preferable to Tim Bull.

To be fair Darren Chester actually tries and is an intelligent and decent man.

The educated middle classes tend to vote labor or Greens because they are about issues that make them feel good about themselves as "good people". The welfare class and borderline workers find the old fashioned "**** everybody else" attitude more inline with their feeling that they barely have enough for themselves so can't be helping every one with an issue or spending a dollar on frivolous things like the environment.

Bill came up against vested interests that were willing to play dirty and he got rolled. At least the absolute economic incompetence that the Libs have displayed under this administration should end the ******** narrative of them having superior economic management skills. They shat the bed and now they'll lie in their own mess.

Vote for labor, we will fix global warming and stop droughts , .... was one idiot message i was getting prior to the election.
Pity they aren't as stupid as labor thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah labor are the only ones who want to look out for us all.....yep i'm buying it.

Clear cut... all the dumb bastards vote one way while those enlightened vote the other way.

Yeah labor are the only ones who want to look out for us all.....yep i'm buying it.

Clear cut... all the dumb bastards vote one way while those enlightened vote the other way.
Yeh actually. They are. They're the ones interested in actually improving public healthcare, modernising immigration laws, increasing aid for farmers, lowering taxes, increasing environmental spending and regulation, decreasing wasted spending on hopelessly outdated military tech, properly legislating foreign trade to insure Aussie businesses don't get ****ed over and so on and so on and so on. The Libs have one goal. Fill the pockets of the corporate moneybags who fund their campaigns. Screw the population. Screw the environment. Screw the farmers. Screw the disabled. Screw the pensioners. Screw the small business owners. Screw the economy. Rupert Murdoch told me to say this so this I shall say.

Yeh actually. They are. They're the ones interested in actually improving public healthcare, modernising immigration laws, increasing aid for farmers, lowering taxes, increasing environmental spending and regulation, decreasing wasted spending on hopelessly outdated military tech, properly legislating foreign trade to insure Aussie businesses don't get ****** over and so on and so on and so on. The Libs have one goal. Fill the pockets of the corporate moneybags who fund their campaigns. Screw the population. Screw the environment. Screw the farmers. Screw the disabled. Screw the pensioners. Screw the small business owners. Screw the economy. Rupert Murdoch told me to say this so this I shall say.

Both are pretty s**t these days to be honest but one at least pretends.

I disagree. I think it's obvious where I stand but considering one party has consistently made improvements to Australia despite the regular media roasting and one hasn't I'd say that's a harsh assessment.

The libs are taking their corruption and conflict of interest work very seriously lately and are excelling though. Give some credit.

Yeh actually. They are. They're the ones interested in actually improving public healthcare, modernising immigration laws, increasing aid for farmers, lowering taxes, increasing environmental spending and regulation, decreasing wasted spending on hopelessly outdated military tech, properly legislating foreign trade to insure Aussie businesses don't get ****** over and so on and so on and so on. The Libs have one goal. Fill the pockets of the corporate moneybags who fund their campaigns. Screw the population. Screw the environment. Screw the farmers. Screw the disabled. Screw the pensioners. Screw the small business owners. Screw the economy. Rupert Murdoch told me to say this so this I shall say.

OK i'll pretend you are right and just stay the hell off this thread.
Please change the name to " we love the labor party" just to clarify.

But given the votes come in around 50:50 each election and there is no correlation between iq and voting labor ( i dare you to try to find one ) i don't think its that clear cut.

Vote 1 ) Cayman Islands endorsed by Angarse Taylor

Any Australian Survivor fans out there who would like to join me in doing a podcast once a week talking about that weeks episodes ? Will be a proper podcast on itunes etc . No experience necessary . Just need a microphone and a computer and be happy to watch every ep and come on every pod . Nothing too serious , just have fun , hate whoever you want and like whoever , complain about anything or like anything . Be good if you have watched Survivor before , bonus if you have watched American survivor a bit as well . Im guessing we will record online either friday night or sometime saturday . If you dont want to but have a wife , girl friend or even a relative over 18 who would like to pod with me then get them to email me at redwhiteblacksainter@gmail.com
Anyone is welcome .
Peter ( Brainstrust66)

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The culprit fessed up , i wont say who it was , he thought it was funny , hmmmmm
An elephant never forgets

Nah, wasn’t me

15qofer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back