Cripps Bontempelli Kelly - The soon-to-be big 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^Bonts hands are as clean as whistle. I don't what people are watching when they criticize his hands. Tonight he's activated Beast Mode in the wet.

Cripps gets a lot of nothing clearances that don't lead to anything. Bont gathers and breaks out of the congestion. I rate bont as a much better midfielder
No, Cripps breaks out of congestion too. He uses his size and strength to his advantage and will fend or shake off any tackler. This is why they call him a bull/monster. Theres a reason why he's leading the league for 'frees for' because a player is usually caught holding so he cant break away.

Bont does some things better than Cripps can but the whole "breakaway" claim is minimal.

No, Cripps breaks out of congestion too. He uses his size and strength to his advantage and will fend or shake off any tackler. This is why they call him a bull/monster. Theres a reason why he's leading the league for 'frees for' because a player is usually caught holding so he cant break away.

Bont does some things better than Cripps can but the whole "breakaway" claim is minimal.
Cripps may not break away like others but he usually draws an extra tackler in that's needed to bring him down and releases to the open man. Just as effective but in a different way

In wet weather football it really shows how much cleaner Bont is with the footy then other players. Does the hard stuff and is very damaging with the footy.

Whole heartedly agree. Tonight was the perfect example of Bonts skill and vision being on a different plain to his competitors.

Can not believe this thread is still going, Bont and Cripps are both massively talented and damaging players. A definitive “better” player will never be possible, just enjoy their talent.

Cripps may not break away like others but he usually draws an extra tackler in that's needed to bring him down and releases to the open man. Just as effective but in a different way
I can agree with that, he's very difficult to stop once in motion but he's more inclined to find someone who has space to run and carry so they deliver the ball with minimal pressure.

Look I am a big fan of both and believe both are guns.

But for you to dispute that Cripps is clearly ahead in the inside game against Bont is just one-eyed nonsense. Cripps has the best inside game in the comp. He arguably is the best of all time at it.

Bont has his strengths, but you're being childish if you think anyone, let alone Bont is similar to Cripps in terms of inside work.

Grow up, you're detracting from the reasonable conversations your fellow dogs supporters are contributing to.

Watch the 1st quarter of the dogs power game and then tell me he is clearly ahead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup, with Diesel, you knew that every week his output would be around 35 touches and a couple of goals, with plenty of assists on both left and right side. He has Cripps covered easily ATM

Easily. Diesel was a freak imo. Talk of Cripps being one of the greatest of all time is garbage...my opinion.

One can argue that Kouta when he played as a mid was better.

Cripps is very good. He may well finish his career as a legend. I still don’t think he will catch Diesel though.

This.

Cripps has the second best hands I have ever seen.

And only because I saw Williams.

When looking at pure hands, there are several that are ahead of Cripps. Cable. Weightman to name 2 off the top of my head.

All this talk of Cripps being the best of the best is non-sensical.

Easily. Diesel was a freak imo. Talk of Cripps being one of the greatest of all time is garbage...my opinion.

One can argue that Kouta when he played as a mid was better.

Cripps is very good. He may well finish his career as a legend. I still don’t think he will catch Diesel though.
Can you please have a word to the clown on the Gibbs thread who has stated that Diesel is clearly not in the best 50 footballers in the last 50 years?

Bonts first quarter in the rain was bloody extraordinary. As wet as you’re ever likely to see, and he’s playing like it’s dry, his pin pointing long range shots were laughable.
Bont is a deadset jet. I'd love him at Blues. Your midfield is just spoiled with riches now. Macrae, Bont and Dunkley are putting up crazy numbers every week. That's not to mention the next tier talent who are guns in their own right.

FWIW. Myself and my boss have the Bont v Cripps discussion a bit. I want to preface what I'm about to say by saying this has very little to do with WHO is better, but I thought it was very surprising overall.

Head to head, Bontempelli v Cripps in Supercoach and AFL Fantasy scores, Bontempelli is winning. We both agreed at the start of the year that if player A beat player B in both supercoach and AFL Fantasy in a given round, then player A would be given a point. If one of the players does not play due to injury or suspension, then no points are awarded in that week, when it came to the bye weeks, we simply took Bontempellis points the week Carlton had the bye and put them up against Cripps points the week the Dogs had the bye.

Bontempelli is winning by one point.

Again. This has little to do with who I truly believe is better or who anyone should believe is better but I thought it was overall a nice little exercise.

FWIW. Myself and my boss have the Bont v Cripps discussion a bit. I want to preface what I'm about to say by saying this has very little to do with WHO is better, but I thought it was very surprising overall.

Head to head, Bontempelli v Cripps in Supercoach and AFL Fantasy scores, Bontempelli is winning. We both agreed at the start of the year that if player A beat player B in both supercoach and AFL Fantasy in a given round, then player A would be given a point. If one of the players does not play due to injury or suspension, then no points are awarded in that week, when it came to the bye weeks, we simply took Bontempellis points the week Carlton had the bye and put them up against Cripps points the week the Dogs had the bye.

Bontempelli is winning by one point.

Again. This has little to do with who I truly believe is better or who anyone should believe is better but I thought it was overall a nice little exercise.
If using Supercoach, averages are better to capture more info. Much simpler to explain too lol.

Cripps average is 119.8 vs Bont's average is 113.4

FWIW, I don't rate SC.

If using Supercoach, averages are better to capture more info.

Cripps average is 119.8 vs Bont's average is 113.4

FWIW, I don't rate SC.
Yeah I thought about that, but then I also thought most awards have a maximum amount of votes that are allowed to be given, they aren't going to be given more based on how good their BOG performance was, with the exception of maybe the Coaches Association award.

Yeah I thought about that, but then I also thought most awards have a maximum amount of votes that are allowed to be given, they aren't going to be given more based on how good their BOG performance was, with the exception of maybe the Coaches Association award.
OK, but like if you're talking about who is the better fantasy player, or supercoach player. Your method is inferior to looking at averages. That's how they calculate player prices after all.

OK, but like if you're talking about who is the better fantasy player, or supercoach player. Your method is inferior to looking at averages. That's how they calculate player prices after all.
I should've been more specific haha, we were using it as a means to figure out who out of the 2 were more likely to win the brownlow medal this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back