Player Watch Darcy Fogarty

How many goals will Darcy Fogarty kick in 2023?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the biggest evidence the danger trade was ****** up?

The existence of dean gore in the wash, that’s classic misdirection. He was there because they knew they needed something to sell to the supporter base because the basic trade wasn’t very good

All smoke and mirrors

If dean gore didn’t exist I’d find it easier to take the trade as a win. But Gore just shows how they felt they needed to use smoke and mirrors to sell it
Maybe they had a secret deal with Danger from his previous contract and would rather trade for a crap deal than have it come out?

4. Geelong had wind of Henderson wanting to come to Geelong and negotiations were started as Geelong wanted to use their 1st round pick to secure Henderson knowing Adelaide would blink

In no universe is Henderson worth a 1st round over Dangerfield.

Carlton's rebuild of its list continues to take shape with the Blues agreeing to trade forward Lachie Henderson to Geelong for a first-round pick in the 2016 national draft.

The 25-year-old Henderson, who was out of contract and not a free agent, had requested a trade from the Blues.
That article is from October.

The Crows and Geelong would have been in negotiations for months by then.

Anyway, of course we were going to blink. Geelong had more power in the negotiations than us - our only power was how much they wanted to hold to existing salary levels at their club. Which wasn't nothing, but wasn't enough for us to be able to force them to give up multiple firsts for a free agent.

Jars was talking about fog on tripple m today. Says other clubs melb very interested. Jars saying that melb club need to stay away Fog is going no where and is working hard / long term prospect for adel and knows what he needs to do.
But is Clarkson still going to coach us?

I think we should start being concerned that Fogarty could be a bust.

He's still young, but he looks barely SANFL quality at the moment.

I would not be saying he is a bust yet. Judge him on his AFL games last year as opposed to his SANFL form. His looked reasonable in his 8 games last year as a key forward.

Himmelberg looked all at sea in his SANFL games as well. In some of his SANFL games, he has looked terrible but now in the AFL system he looks like a very different player.

I would hope they club gives Fogarty some meaningful AFL game time before saying he is a bust.

To all saying fog might be a bust..just relax. What was he or any key forward supposed to do today in the quagmire that is Unley Oval. It was a bog and being a small ground it means that the tackle pressure and time to get and use the ball is lessened and there was no supply at all all day. in my eyes he always needed to have the 3 preseasons and the preceding years playing to build his tank. Next year is going to be the year that he should come of age as he should be physically developed and have his fitness base up to the required level. He has all the tools and just needs time to develop - think medium term with him

Do we have impossible tank standards?

Stengle came from Richmond, already had a couple of AFL preseasons under his belt (at a club that's performed well in recent times) and he's not fit enough for us.

The tank requirements make it tough for Fog to break in and extend the careers of Mackay and Douglas no end

Stengle came from Richmond, already had a couple of AFL preseasons under his belt (at a club that's performed well in recent times) and he's not fit enough for us.

The tank requirements make it tough for Fog to break in and extend the careers of Mackay and Douglas no end

We have always (to much frustration) valued fitness and running over talent.

He wasn’t considered fit enough at richmond either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't argue Stengle isn't fit enough for us, his biggest issue is Eddie Betts exists and is still performing well enough to not be dropped. We're always going to opt for a defensive small forward to pair with Betts to allow him to be more offensively minded.

To all saying fog might be a bust..just relax. What was he or any key forward supposed to do today in the quagmire that is Unley Oval. It was a bog and being a small ground it means that the tackle pressure and time to get and use the ball is lessened and there was no supply at all all day. in my eyes he always needed to have the 3 preseasons and the preceding years playing to build his tank. Next year is going to be the year that he should come of age as he should be physically developed and have his fitness base up to the required level. He has all the tools and just needs time to develop - think medium term with him

I thought that the mud would suit his game, toughness and all, but it certainly didn't as a forward. On the other hand, I think he ran a fair bit in the midfield in the second half, and looked much better and more influential (of course, that wouldn't have been hard).

Assuming you knew what to look for?

Not having a go, but most people don’t know what makes a junior a good prospect
Having been a regular at sturt games over the years..he looked a dangerous player across half forward and could kick a good goal. He also moved well imo. But as for players at sanfl level there are plenty of good ones that will never get a look in at AFL level as you rightly say they look for things that the average punter probably doesn't

A 7-possession game from Fog is nothing to hang your hat on, but he did lay 7 tackles today (a tackling PB for him at SANFL level). A good sign, me thinks.

Last night would have been a good game to put FOG up forward. When we lose Lynch we need players that can take a grab up forward and provide a threat.

Davis is still very skinny and weak in contested marking
Berg is a bit the same, good on a lead but not so in contested marking.
FOG is good at that aspect.

Tex gets double teamed when Lynch and JJ are missing, it means the value if FOG is so much greater.

7 tackles today means the lad is applying himself, delivery though is generally average in our SANFL side so his other stats suck. There is no surprise the opportunistic forwards like Davis (last year) and Strngle (this year) have been our highest goal kickers

I think the biggest evidence the danger trade was ****** up?

The existence of dean gore in the wash, that’s classic misdirection. He was there because they knew they needed something to sell to the supporter base because the basic trade wasn’t very good

All smoke and mirrors

If dean gore didn’t exist I’d find it easier to take the trade as a win. But Gore just shows how they felt they needed to use smoke and mirrors to sell it
Or some posters who were adamant Danger would leave as a free agent because we wouldn't threaten to match sre now suddenly experts & feel need to criticise the club for forcing a trade to get more value.

Look I believe we should have got more, but funny that you of all people are critical when you suggested we would accept FA compensation!

Jars was talking about fog on tripple m today. Says other clubs melb very interested. Jars saying that melb club need to stay away Fog is going no where and is working hard / long term prospect for adel and knows what he needs to do.
Just a tip - Jars is completely full of shyte! ;)

Back