Autopsy vs Collingwood - Rd 15 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

That picture of Buckley absolutely seething in his chair at around 3QTR time spoke a thousand words.

When he came up on the screen at the ground I yelled out ‘send me an email about this fffffffffffffffiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssscccccccccccoooooooooi, Ben’

Some people lold, but I was seething

Last edited:

And to think half of BF was writing him off less than 2 years ago.

Jed is the the toughest hard nut currently playing the game!

Half?

I would say 98% and with good reason

I think his Page 60 to 80 are good reads in hindsight

I am in there

The opposition must panic when he’s on such is his ferocity

Do you have it on you?

Mrs Gasometer who knows nothing about AFL walked past and looked at the screen with a few minutes to go and it was the Pies Coaching Box; she said well those lot look like they just ate s**t sandwiches

Since Round 11, Collingwood have lost a total of -56 inside 50s. Including the 28 they lost to us tonight. They are seriously finding it hard to get it to their 50 lol.

We account for half of the deficit of inside 50s. Half. Alarm bells with the 6-6-6 rule.

They only lost -28 to Freo + Melbourne + Dogs combined. Whom are all essentially lesser opposition.

Once they came up against formidable opposition, the cracks formed.

In the same period interestingly, they have lost the contested possession count as well. With a deficit of -59 CP. They aren't getting their hands on the ball first often enough. This is a serious issue with the 6-6-6 rule. Winning the contest and applying the pressure is crucial.

They also lost the clearance count tonight. Lost the centre clearances by more than DOUBLE. 13 of our centre clearances would've hit the helpless Pies back line extremely hard under the 6-6-6 rule.

Also intriguing, they were down on Uncontested possessions by -34 tonight significantly. Against predominantly contested opposition. -43 last week as well. Alarm bells for finals aspirations. I thought they were good on the spread? Apparently not.

They have some serious issues with:
  1. flow of moving the ball. Brutally denied any flow.
  2. winning the contests. Beaten by a harder-contested side.
  3. getting the ball on the spread (to get uncontested movement) quickly enough. Something we thought they would master against even hard (tackling pressure) opposition like us. Smashed them before they could think.
Now we know they have injuries, but top 4 sides should retrospectively be bare minimum competitive, and they weren't. Richmond weren't either.

They are in a world of problems making this victory ever so sweeter.

Richmond tick.
Collingwood tick.

Shaw has turned a supposedly incapable side barely able to do anything right, into something quite special. Give him the contract 100%.

We were hopeless in the free kick count though. They smashed us 27 - 11.

I look at the Geelong game. The way we beat the Pies tonight. The Richmond game. Pushing GWS last week.
Just how did we **** up the year. The comp is very even and the top teams are good but arent invincible good.
Sure we arent going to be worldbeaters and win every week ala last week, but we have absolutely ballsed up 2019 if we dont make finals.
We need to make it just to give it a shake.

Just beat *
All that matters now. I hate them and we embarrassed our club last game. Massive redemption opportunity.

Some of the older types will probably crucify me for this but, Cunnington is the best handballer I have ever seen. He just does some mind boggling stuff sometimes
Being an "older" type, I'm certainly not reaching for the hammer and nails.

I think that Cable was a better exponent of the pure skill of handball, particularly over distance. Cunners is better in tight spaces, right up there with Diesel. The fact that Cunners is even in the same conversation as these two says volumes about just how good he is.

In terms of current players, it's Cunners ... daylight ... more daylight and then ????? I can't actually think of a current player who's in the same ballpark.

Now I'm off to yell at some clouds and overuse the term "in my day...".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being an "older" type, I'm certainly not reaching for the hammer and nails.

I think that Cable was a better exponent of the pure skill of handball, particularly over distance. Cunners is better in tight spaces, right up there with Diesel. The fact that Cunners is even in the same conversation as these two says volumes about just how good he is.

In terms of current players, it's Cunners ... daylight ... more daylight and then ????? I can't actually think of a current player who's in the same ballpark.

Now I'm off to yell at some clouds and overuse the term "in my day...".

Ben Cunnington is the Sam Mitchell of handball.

That was quite astonishing to watch. I usually don’t like being an opposition board suck-up but I love Rhyce Shaw and I also like players like Cunnington, Simpkin etc. It’s good to see North playing brutal footy, and I shouldn’t be surprised that they punished an undeniably soft Collingwood outfit.
You’re a quality poster on the mb mate, always welcome here.

The maniac pressure since Shaw has been coach has been terrific and as a supporter watching very identifiable.

But that alone is not sustainable physically and mentally. To be a consistent good team...we’ll need other avenues as well.

But for now you can’t help but admire what the team is doing on field.

It’s make it easier for them if we didn’t need to kick 6 points to kick a goal!

Start with goal kicking please!!

Ben Dixon on commentary "they're an overalls team, they don't like suits."

We're back to embracing our true cultural identity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back