Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The biggest complaint I have at the moment is that his hands are terrible. If he could just learn how to pick the ball up off the ground he'd be averaging around 20 touches a game.

Apart from that he is the complete package. We're pretty ******* lucky to have Thomas, Simpkin and LDU to build our midfield around for the next decade.

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The biggest complaint I have at the moment is that his hands are terrible. If he could just learn how to pick the ball up off the ground he'd be averaging around 20 touches a game.

Apart from that he is the complete package. We're pretty ******* lucky to have Thomas, Simpkin and LDU to build our midfield around for the next decade.

I think that’s unfair.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I wouldn't jump the gun with LDU yet. He still has a LONG way to come, but I have no doubt he'll get there.

He was fumbly early, and to be honest costly. His two shots on goal were also miskicks.

Once he conquers these nerves, look out.

Oct 29, 2002
Our Native Land.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners,Rooboys,Kangas
He’s growing into the player we are all hoping he will be.
I think it’s 18 games for him now and you can see he’s almost adapted to the speed of the game .
His decision making and confidence in Himself is starting to show.
Sure there are a few fumbles now, but this kid will be something special .

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s growing into the player we are all hoping he will be.
I think it’s 18 games for him now and you can see he’s almost adapted to the speed of the game .
His decision making and confidence in Himself is starting to show.
Sure there are a few fumbles now, but this kid will be something special .

LDU will have far more influence on a game with 20 to 25 disposals than a player like Treloar with his 39 last night.

LDU to Jed to Cunners and Crisp is scared to chase Cunners properly cos Jed is about to put a shepherd on. Steps off the line and eases out of the chase.

They didn't want it. No wonder Buckley was embarrassed.

Silver finger

Senior List
Mar 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Same as Jed.
Once he start getting confident, everyone shut up about what he is at the moment.
Need to wait another a couple of years. I'm already happy with what he is doing though.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm a huge fan of LDU, but he currently has an issue with fumbling the ball. I don't think anyone here could deny that.
Those 3 or 4 repeat fumbles in the fwd line in that 1 passage just looked like he was a little bit flustered. More Poise will come as he begins to judge the pace of the game.

myty

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it possible he's still got some shoulder issues and he protects it? Watched him closely the last month and theres times he could have accelerated and gone a hard tackle or gone to smother and he hasn't. Would also explain a bit of fumbling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back