List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like Kemp but think he'll be gone by our pick.

I feel like we can't really lose if we end up in that top 7 range.. from what I've heard guys like Kemp, Serong, Young, Flanders all have the making of guns. Surely one of them is still there by our pick.

I feel like we can't really lose if we end up in that top 7 range.. from what I've heard guys like Kemp, Serong, Young, Flanders all have the making of guns. Surely one of them is still there by our pick.
My understanding is that this draft has the top 2, followed by daylight, followed by 3 weeks, followed by all the rest of the picks.

My understanding is that this draft has the top 2, followed by daylight, followed by 3 weeks, followed by all the rest of the picks.

Even if that is the case, why not make the best out of a lesser-rated draft? Especially in a draft where we a) will have a high pick for the first time in years, b) really need to add to our midfield stocks, and c) just so happens it’s a top 10 heavily loaded with potential midfielders.

Simpkin 30 touches @ 82%, 16 contested, game high 11 clearances and 4 tackles.

Won't ever make it eh, LukeParkerno1?

In all seriousness though, hope we are actually targeting him.

Simpkin 30 touches @ 82%, 16 contested, game high 11 clearances and 4 tackles.

Won't ever make it eh, LukeParkerno1?

In all seriousness though, hope we are actually targeting him.

Finally played as a genuine mid. My point was that- was he a mid or was a a forward with bursts. That might have been a Brad Scott thing though. Let’s wait and see him back it up.

We are desparate for inside mids and a ruckman.

Cameron is not the answer. Cut or trade.

Ollie tries hard but is not big enough. Heeney is too injury prone and with Florent is a bigger threat on the outside. I'd ask Dawson to play at the coalface. I would recruit the best available inside mid and trade for a ruckman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jones really does want out I'd go hard for Sier & Ellis.
Id go hard for sier & ellis regardless of Jones' desires ti stay or go. Bith would instantly improve the team and if we keep Jones aswell then thats just a bonus.

Sier, Ellis, Simpkin, O'Brien.

I'd also be keen to look at Fogarty as well.

Keep Jones.

That would be a golden recruiting season and we'd be pushing for the flag next year.

Id go hard for sier & ellis regardless of Jones' desires ti stay or go. Bith would instantly improve the team and if we keep Jones aswell then thats just a bonus.

Sier, Ellis, Simpkin, O'Brien.

I'd also be keen to look at Fogarty as well.

Keep Jones.

That would be a golden recruiting season and we'd be pushing for the flag next year.
We just don't have all that much currency for a trade. Wouldn't use our first pick on Seir but you'd think what we can get for Jones is around the mark.

Ellis I'd still go after but give him a big contract if Jones wants out. Otherwise we have a little less wiggle room

Jones leaving would be not unexpected, I think we've all thought he might leave at some point pretty much since he was drafted. Papley would be a very real blow.

I'd be pretty surprised to see Cunningham want out though. He's a NSW boy and the club has stuck by him and developed him despite putting in some pretty average performances for a few years. He has always seemed very attached to the club too.

Jones leaving would be not unexpected, I think we've all thought he might leave at some point pretty much since he was drafted. Papley would be a very real blow.

I'd be pretty surprised to see Cunningham want out though. He's a NSW boy and the club has stuck by him and developed him despite putting in some pretty average performances for a few years. He has always seemed very attached to the club too.
As I posted a fair while ago a lot of players are over Horse .

Maybe the club doesn't want to re-sign him.

Maybe the club doesn't want to re-sign him.

Possible, but after all those years of development and force-feeding him senior games and sitting through inconsistent performance, we're ready to wash our hands of him now that he's a consistent seniors player? Not sure I buy that.

If he leaves, I have to believe it's because he wants out.

As I posted a fair while ago a lot of players are over Horse .

And yet the ones who could feel (arguably rightly or wrongly) most aggrieved have re-signed (Aliir and Dawson)?

Playing confident football also doesn’t suggest he has lost the group to any significant degree (see North with Shaw vs Scott).

I think ‘a lot of players’ might be stretching the truth a little personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back