Autopsy vs Collingwood - Rd 15 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

F*** me an Achilles, kid can't cut a break. Love the way this team is playing, Rhyce would have to be a serious contender. BTW, I hope you guys saw the potential on this kid tonight, he fits this level and style of game. All the best Kyron.

Perhaps the worst fear i have is him losing pace as Swallow did.

It’s not a theory anymore it’s a blatantly obvious FACT!

It’s incredible what happens when you play a game plan that benefits the teams strengths rather than exposing their weaknesses.

Where’s all the handball happy bull **** now?
Are you kidding? There were shitloads of handballs. Difference is they were good.

Me three. even with how far we were in front and what they had kicked the nagging feeling was there. Might take some time to rid ourselves of it but it will go I am SHAW of this

I actually found myself not thinking it. I thought: "Scotts isn't coaching, we'll be right."

It's just been so bloody enjoyable going to the footy since Shaw took over.

Catch up with family and mates, have a few beers and get into good voice, watch the feral army streaming out in droves as our team completely physically dominates them, and it dawns on you that we are no chance of letting it slip, and you can really start enjoying yourself...You could feel how restless the filth were last night, I actually don't mind Collingwood but make no mistake they were shaken up and there were some ugly feelings in the stadium.

Footy is meant to be fun, but years of Brad Scott made it always feel so fragile, no matter how well we played or how far in front we were. You could never trust the team, and I won a tipping comp a couple of times by knowing we'd save our worst for bottom four sides...

Shaw is of a completely different order, and it can't be underestimated just how well he has done to get this response from the players. Exciting times ahead for us I reckon.

Are you kidding? There were ****loads of handballs. Difference is they were good.

I was thinking last night that perhaps all the handball happy s**t under Scott has actually prepared us well for when we NEED to handball our way out of a situation. Except now it's not utterly predictable and opposition teams don't know whether to pressure the handball or set up for us to go long. Meaning that both the handballs AND the long option work better.

Are you kidding? There were ****loads of handballs. Difference is they were good.

I thought our handball was one of the key features tbh. In tight it was brilliant, fast hitting moving targets + longer sweeping handballs. I dont recall us handballing that well.....ever. Including the 90s.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the older types will probably crucify me for this but, Cunnington is the best handballer I have ever seen. He just does some mind boggling stuff sometimes
I don't think he's the best; I'd rate Cable and Williams before him. But he's certainly in that conversation, and he's easily the best going around.

Last edited:
I hope all you blokes asking Giantroo to do this and do that have donated to his laptop fund in the Stickies. Poor bastard is doing all this on a phone. We are over halfway there. Get around him.

Was about to say the same
Well said mate
If everyone chipped in even 10 bucks, we would’ve achieved this ages ago

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hope all is ok Big E. You are one of the best on here IMO. Glad the game gave you a lift. :thumbsu:

Heard a guy from Champion Data say that - based on probability of scoring from where shots are taken - North should have beaten Geelong by 4 goals. Our missed sitters and their arseyness combined to deny us that one.
Cheers.

My dad's on day 11 in intensive care, heart problems - had a surgery that they said he might not make it through, had a couple of other times we've been told he might not make it through the night. Now the lungs are struggling, too. Best case is he's out if ICU in a couple of days, then more time in coronary care. Worst case is a real possibility.

As an aside, the people who work in ICU at Fiona Stanley Hospital are unbelievably brilliant.

We handballed when the opportunity presented itself. When we didn’t have options by hand we kicked long down the line.

Earlier in the year, we were not taking the option long down the line instead over using the handball across half back resulting in turnovers. We are still hand balling but we are doing it in a very different manner.

We handballed when the opportunity presented itself. When we didn’t have options by hand we kicked long down the line.

Earlier in the year, we were not taking the option long down the line instead over using the handball across half back resulting in turnovers. We are still hand balling but we are doing it in a very different manner.
The handball across half-back was such a terrible game plan.

We all needed that last night. I watched the game with a mate I haven't seen since last season. We both had **** summers but last night was unreal. We were high fiving, yelling in delight at every hit and generally thinking that was our best game since at least the Hawks win in 2014 and possibly for 2 decades.

It feels like an immense weight I didn't know was there has been lifted from my shoulders.

Brilliant mate. I had a shocker of a week but nothing near what you went through, my car s**t itself in the middle of getting through a job I badly under quoted so I’m about $10k out of pocket.

This win has made me feel good today :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back