Autopsy Round 15, 2019: St.Kilda v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

When did Lenny Hayes retire? 8-9 years ago? I cant believe an entire football club in that time has not been able to draft, develop or trade in have one All Australian standard midfielder over that time? How can that level of incompetence be perpetuated over and over again over that period of time?

We now have Hannebrey but will he ever get to All Australian levels again?

When did Lenny Hayes retire? 8-9 years ago? I cant believe an entire football club in that time has not been able to draft, develop or trade in have one All Australian standard midfielder over that time? How can that level of incompetence be perpetuated over and over again over that period of time?

We now have Hannebrey but will he ever get to All Australian levels again?
Hanners was as useless as newnes today.

I thought Carlisle looked disinterested. Ross’s Foot skills are that poor I can’t tell which foot he prefers anymore.

We certainly ran out of puff so we are either tired or not as fit as we thought we were. Either way it suggests we got the preseason workload wrong.

On the positive side, big Rowan was dominant.

Clarke and Coffield showed some signs but lapsed defensively at crucial times.

Long showed improvement.

Hind is a keeper. Things just happen around him.

Structurally we are short a tall target in front of the ball.

Am I hearing this right....

Listening to the coaches message he said... that the plan was the slow it down and go around which they executed....

FMD the teams played better when they didn't follow the damn game and used run carry and overlap! Half time couldn't come quick enough for Richo to stamp any postive momentum out of us and made sure to tell the player if anyone dare play on that they would be dropped.

Seriously just get rid of this bloke already. Next game we should be asking fans for donations to support the club in getting rid of him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we go in at half time and literally have a nana nap on the couch after a choo pep talk
epri3k.jpg

I think it’s the first time kids wouldn’t know who to have their favourite player on the back of their jumper . There isn t a player currently that I would go to a game or turn the tv on to watch . Zero stars for the first time in probably 50 years

It's not what we have it's what we don't have.

Compare their top 2 mids to ours.

Do you seriously believe the players didn't try to win in the second half?
Look Dusty is a gun, not just that he gets the ball and breaks away, but the way he uses it is very damaging. Of course our players want to win, but to me it seemed like they were trying to win by not losing rather than trying to take the game on and win that way.

We might not have players as good as Dusty, but we do have players with foot skills arguably as good who chipped it around or kicked down the line rather than trying to make the most of their possesion particularly in the 2nd half.

Absolutely, our better skilled players should be given the freedom to be aggressive with their kicks, everyone else stick to tackling/pressure and just beat their own man.. leave the kicking to better skilled players.. we do the opposite, asking our rolls Royce Billings to tackle and pressure so he is buggered when it comes to kicking for goal and everyone bombing down the line..
Seeing us transition and hitup some good leads in the 1st half was awesome. Just seemed to go into our shell a bit after that and then fell away completely in the last..

As expected. We tried for a bit, but let's face it we're just not very good at football. Marshall must be close to B&F, though it'll probably go to Ross. Battle, Coff, Hind, Clark. Good to see the future showing potential. The rest of the year has to be for the kids...I don't hold much hope of winning another game, but if the young blokes keep showing some class I'll take a glass halfway approach for next season.

This guy knows what he's talking about.
:moustache:

Jake was thoroughly embarrassed on lynch today- multiple times.

Not jakes fault, he's just not a fullback.

He's a 200cm roberton
Interesting- not sure we are as forgiving when Joyce is asked to play on monster full foward. For me he is more like a third tall than Jake. Not having a crack but just an observation.

Am I hearing this right....

Listening to the coaches message he said... that the plan was the slow it down and go around which they executed....

FMD the teams played better when they didn't follow the damn game and used run carry and overlap! Half time couldn't come quick enough for Richo to stamp any postive momentum out of us and made sure to tell the player if anyone dare play on that they would be dropped.

Seriously just get rid of this bloke already. Next game we should be asking fans for donations to support the club in getting rid of him!

So wrong watching from TV. Today was back to the first few rounds but unfortunately we have opposition. Today is a good as that list can play. There was no blame today but of course its the coaches fault. You guys are going to be so disappointed next year whoever coaches.

I reckon donations getting rid of some supporters would be better news. Pathetic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back