Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack's workrate yesterday was enormous, the play that really stood out for me wasn't his spoil that created Cripps last quarter goal but another passage in that same quarter where the Pies went backwards into our defensive 50, switched across the ground then came up the ground around the edge of the centre square, Jack followed the ball the whole way sprinting as hard as he could simply to apply some sort of token pressure despite knowing that he would never get the ball unless the Pies made a mistake.

I don't know. I like Jack but still see him being the first tall forward out, when things get serious.
If that comes about, where to next, why and at whose expense?

In the meantime, his efforts have been terrific. Effort isn't the issue. Lack of zip off the mark, may hurt him in the long run.

He isn't really playing as a tall forward though. He is offering something completely different.

Sentiments aside.. He was what pick 54 or something? How many pick 50's are decent players? In that regard he has already exceeded expectations.
Pick 53, other notable pick 53s include Michael Braun (228 games, premiership), Adam selwood (187 games, premiership), Daniel Jackson (156 games, bnf), lindsay Thomas (212 games), Michael Walters (137 games) and funnily enough both Tom and Oscar Mcdonald were pick 53. Recently Richmond picked premiership player Jack Graham at 53. Recently its been more successful a pick but only 1 of the first 10 taken at the position ever played a game...

Jack's doing well.

He isn't really playing as a tall forward though. He is offering something completely different.

You're right but he is taller than either McGovern and CCurnow.

It may just depend on whether we can afford carrying all the talls. If it works then fine and if not.....

Whichever way though, we will need to find some goal-kickers as we go. I don't see Jack as a goal-kicker in the way I see the others.

You're right but he is taller than either McGovern and CCurnow.

It may just depend on whether we can afford carrying all the talls. If it works then fine and if not.....

Whichever way though, we will need to find some goal-kickers as we go. I don't see Jack as a goal-kicker in the way I see the others.

Harks, yes he's taller than McGovern and Curnow but shorter than Cripps and less than an inch taller than Setterfield. Do you, as many on here do, think that it's possible that he could play on the ball?

He's got some great tricks and gives 110% every week.

The question still remains of where exactly he lines up though. Half Forward? Wing? Midfield?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's got some great tricks and gives 110% every week.

The question still remains of where exactly he lines up though. Half Forward? Wing? Midfield?
high half forward is his best position, but can literally play anywhere.

if cripps is being tagged i'd like jack to go into the middle and cripps take some sorry ass tagger to the goal square

Every time I see or read about Jack, I have to divorce the Jack I remember in the papers when he was a toddler and the Footy Record and Jack, the 4th year Blue.
Likewise Ben.

The 3rd in line to the Silvagni throne.

King Serge.
Prince SOS.
Prince Jack.
Prince Ben.
Prince Tom.

Every time I see or read about Jack, I have to divorce the Jack I remember in the papers when he was a toddler and the Footy Record and Jack, the 4th year Blue.
Likewise Ben.

The 3rd in line to the Silvagni throne.

King Serge.
Prince SOS.
Prince Jack.
Prince Ben.
Prince Tom.

;)

264dad352fdc67bbd2a688e4e127eab2.jpg

Jack_Stephen_Image.jpg

Carlton Royalty! :crown:

afbe383f842c05242e81c3cf9ebc6b91

As Jack has SOS' body shape and not Serge's, I don't think that thickening his body to the point of bulky is ideal.

Yeah, build it up but not to say Charlie's dimensions.

Looking at Jack, I'd prefer his body in the Weitering mould than the Charlie Curnow mould.

TLDR; More Weitering's body than Charlie's is ideal.

Great job on Fyfe in the second half today. Hopefully this is the start of him playing in the midfield most of the time. Maybe rotate him and Kennedy up forward.

Silvagni was good and Kennedy more than service able option up front, 2 goals in very tough game quite happy with his his contribution.
Let’s make no mistake it was the old timers, Thomas, Simmo and Murphy that’s was difference. But the team overall was well galvanized played honest hard footy. Teaugy has done well in difficult conditions.
I’m quietly optimistic against the Demons next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back