VFL 2019 GFC VFL - The Bankers Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the young kids next year I think Brownless Tarca. Schenslog will be the big improvers, they all have a little something about them
So much to like about our depth. Certainly think the first two will be potentials in 2020 or 2021, with more bulk, endurance and VFL experience.
is a project at best but shown encouraging signs. would need to massively work on tank and being more involved in games.

So people want Atkins, who rendered Laird totally ineffective for over a half, should be rewarded by being dropped?

Cant't see it.

He would be unlucky. Menegola is a much better player than him though. Good problem to have.

Personally I thought Atkins job on Laird was far superior to a nil all-draw.......
Laird has torn us up perviously - and the cries of "someone PLEASE be on him" were everywhere.

Atkins did this.... and now its a nil all draw?!?!

Cannot win or please some people. Got exactly what they called for and still cranky.

GO Catters

Laird has torn us up perviously - and the cries of "someone PLEASE be on him" were everywhere.

Atkins did this.... and now its a nil all draw?!?!

Cannot win or please some people. Got exactly what they called for and still cranky.

GO Catters

You have been around for a while now Daz. Are you surprised by this?

You have been around for a while now Daz. Are you surprised by this?
yes because I want rainbows and unicorns for everyone dammit. LOL

GO Catters

Not for me. Been utterly unimpressed with Constable of late.
Nothing touches, hasn't worked on his spread issues.

Sit in the reserves until he gets it imo.
Scooter in until we get Menegola back.

You've hit the nail on the head. He has been told of his deficiencies and told to go and work on them.
But i am not seeing it either.
Another decent pre season with dedicated gym work(needs some more strength) along with repeat sprint training to get sustained fast bursts.
Then we should have ourselves a pretty good inside bull. Until then he sits behind FOG & Sparkle for me.
Cheers!

yes because I want rainbows and unicorns for everyone dammit. LOL

GO Catters

Well, we could arrange a meetup at LOTI where we all sit in a circle holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You've hit the nail on the head. He has been told of his deficiencies and told to go and work on them.
But i am not seeing it either.
Another decent pre season with dedicated gym work(needs some more strength) along with repeat sprint training to get sustained fast bursts.
Then we should have ourselves a pretty good inside bull. Until then he sits behind FOG & Sparkle for me.
Cheers!

Last time out
34 disposals and 16 marks is quite unimpressive amazing!

Last time out

If that's his last VFL game - at GMHBA - then I would suggest that if you watch the youtube replay (nice that) - then he padded his stats late in the game.
It looked like a nice 23-25 possession game live but with no hurt factor.

I could say the same about Fog too - No hurt factor.

I look at Menegola - even with his limitations- he does impact games.

I think both of those younger boys have a big future with us. But they have more work to do.

Last time out

So if that doesn't get him in then what does this say about his performances thus far and what the coaches are looking for??
Bit of a curly one. Scotty & Co are the best to judge. We are just watching from our lounge chairs.
Chook reminds me a little of Bartel and even Chappy in their early days. Lazy ?? maybe ?? One way players ?? Yeah again maybe.
FWIW I am Not big on stats unless its for Supercoach lol.
As they are can be misleading. I would rather watch game film.
Give me scores, score assists, 1% efforts, metres gained, spoils, tackles, bumps & my all time favourite PRESSURE ACTS over simple K-HB-M.
We'll see what happens this week at the selection table.
Cheers RC.

So if that doesn't get him in then what does this say about his performances thus far and what the coaches are looking for??
Bit of a curly one. Scotty & Co are the best to judge. We are just watching from our lounge chairs.
Chook reminds me a little of Bartel and even Chappy in their early days. Lazy ?? maybe ?? One way players ?? Yeah again maybe.
FWIW I am Not big on stats unless its for Supercoach lol.
As they are can be misleading. I would rather watch game film.
Give me scores, score assists, 1% efforts, metres gained, spoils, tackles, bumps & my all time favourite PRESSURE ACTS over simple K-HB-M.
We'll see what happens this week at the selection table.
Cheers RC.

Chook averages about 22 disposals AFL and is a rising star, he'll be ok.
We may disagree but much respect for the objective dialogue especially on your part.
Cheers GCL.

Fairdinkum Spazz if l said that about Fogarty or Narkle after 34 and 16 I've been given a week to think about it.
Just gotta keep working and finally put in some sort of performance in the VFL or AFL and he might even go past Jones and Schenschlong

We'll really know if he's got what it takes then won't we!
It's crazy. He should be playing. People are saying nothing possessions rarara, but f**k we just need someone to get their hands on it first and give a handball.
We're getting destroyed in the middle at times.
And he can do it! Consistently!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back