Senior 1. Jack Silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

Great job on Fyfe in the second half today. Hopefully this is the start of him playing in the midfield most of the time. Maybe rotate him and Kennedy up forward.
Serge would've been proud of his efforts in the guts today

We are a better team with JSOS in it. His hunger, desire and determination are team lifting. He bleeds blue and is willing to do anything for the team. Shutting down Fyfe just added another string to his bow

Well said...I struggle to understand the negative posts on here about JSOS....he is still a kid & is taking time but too many forget he was a late round draft pick that is getting graded as a 1st rounder due to his name.

Still more effort than skill but for where we are it's perfect. Tank is building nicely too

Not sure I agree with this.

Jack is far more skilled than a lot of our kids while being far more intelligent with his decisions. The only thing he isn't is an athlete.

I think he's also a lot stronger than could be expected for his age, hence the perfect matchup for Fyfe.

Not sure I agree with this.

Jack is far more skilled than a lot of our kids while being far more intelligent with his decisions. The only thing he isn't is an athlete.

I think he's also a lot stronger than could be expected for his age, hence the perfect matchup for Fyfe.

i think compared to some of our others he's not got say an elite kicking skill or handball in traffic or sidestep to make space.

what he does have is effort, drive and a really good sense of the game. not knocking him but compared to SPS or a few of the other mids his kicks are often telegraphed and smothered. he does however give everything to win the contest and the next contest and the one after - see the goal he created against the lions.

Cannot question his determination and integrity. Great game yesterday.

I see no reason why he shouldn't be on our list for the next 10 years, he's a very useful player to have around.

Focus this off-season needs to be overhead marking and generally getting stronger in the upper body.

Last edited:
Loved his celebration after kicking that Goal from the boundary yesterday, he’ll always give everything for this team.

Jack is coming along dramatically this season (second half of the season in particular). They say players establish themselves in their fourth season and wowee has Jack done that. If you had to rank him from his draft class he is now in the teens (and we got him with pick 53 I think).

In hindsight that was a very impressive draft class. Mids include Oliver, Dunkley, Hopper, Mills and even Tom Phillips at pick 58 and Menegola at 66. Backs led by Weitering and Burton. Forwards led Charlie, McKay, Hipwood, Gresham and Rioli (Daniel). Plus rookie draft included Papley and Tippa. So very strong dozen or so players but Jack could be right up there if his trajectory continues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
i think compared to some of our others he's not got say an elite kicking skill or handball in traffic or sidestep to make space.

what he does have is effort, drive and a really good sense of the game. not knocking him but compared to SPS or a few of the other mids his kicks are often telegraphed and smothered. he does however give everything to win the contest and the next contest and the one after - see the goal he created against the lions.
I reckon JSOS has been showing real flair, skill, vision and guts for some time now. Does some of his best work in heavy traffic. Look at his Diesel inspired handballs yesterday and the week before. Negated Fyffe as well. He's coming along just nicely I reckon. Very versatile, good bag of tricks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen Jack in any commentary, photos or videos released by the club this preseason. There was rumours he might be on the way out late last year and there was the issue with the dust up with his dad and the club. He's training with the club right?

If you look at the training photos he is prominent in them.

Reports are he is training well

I haven't seen Jack in any commentary, photos or videos released by the club this preseason. There was rumours he might be on the way out late last year and there was the issue with the dust up with his dad and the club. He's training with the club right?

Jack Silvagni kicked multiple goals after a strong performance as the 'orange' side's deepest target.

Jack needs a big year this year. He was up for trade and had no takers. Never a good sign, but can sometimes be the kick in the pants needed to take the next step (aka Casboult).
Indeed. jack was looking like he was going to have a decent season, but then he was gone and didn't return. He needs to make an impact, especially with his kicking. That used to be so good, but is not something of a lottery.

Jack is such a barometer for this side. Never, ever gives up. A real prime mover in that last quarter for us.

His workhorse effort helped seal the deal tonight. So vital in the last 10-15 minutes simply by presenting and being at as many contests as possible.

Every time I think he's not quite up to it he proves me wrong.

Good on you Jack.

I loved his clever little trap and steal on the wing in the first quarter. Not the first time he's made the opposition look silly in that situation.

Very smart footballer, and just plays the game the right way. Pure effort and big hearted. Wish he'd never get injured, reckon he's an important cog in the side even though the stats might not always reflect it. Very Kreuzer-esk in that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back