Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

makri

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Coat of arms with the (at the time) new CA shield looked so much better than the old ACB logo, and it was about time that the elite team of all two (then three) forms of the game got the same coat of arms on the breast.
Now just to give the women the same one too, with the red ribbon underneath not the yellow.

Interesting that their 99 World Cup training strips had the Coat of Arms but the playing strip had the shield.
5a67a69b814856485d69fc86238451d2.jpg

34f0e3d3fcce6c144f585c6767b45b1f.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Quick question. Seeing the ICC have brought in clash kits, do you think it will continue through the finals? And would India and the BCCI try to bully the opposition so they can wear their traditional blue. (Happened in the Afghanistan v India game).
Was that game originally going to be a clash game as well?

would India and the BCCI try to bully the opposition so they can wear their traditional blue.
You’re right to not use a question mark here, because I think we all know how this would go down.

Was it ever designated as a game India had to wear clash for?
India
While India’s main kit is similar to the one they’ve worn in recent years, there’s plenty of anticipation about the orange strip they will reportedly wear in their matches against England and Afghanistan.
27ViratKohli.ashx

The orange kit is yet to be publicly released and we may have to wait until June 22, when Virat Kohli’s side face Afghanistan in Southampton, to get our first look.

Afghanistan wore their away kit, India wore their home kit.
Afghanistan home game.

makri

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Quick question. Seeing the ICC have brought in clash kits, do you think it will continue through the finals? And would India and the BCCI try to bully the opposition so they can wear their traditional blue. (Happened in the Afghanistan v India game).
They 're in Orange/Dark Blue today. I don't think there is any question should they be drawn to play England in the semi they again will be in their clash strip as I don't think England have one.

They 're in Orange/Dark Blue today. I don't think there is any question should they be drawn to play England in the semi they again will be in their clash strip as I don't think England have one.
I understand that it is unlikely, i just wanted to know what would happen in the situation.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral

Afghanistan wore their away kit, India wore their home kit.
Afghanistan home game.
I get that, but was it said anywhere other than "reportedly" that India would wear the orange kit in that game?
Is it perhaps being setup that each of the four blue teams wear their alternate kit a set number of times - against England and one other team or something?
AFG clash vs England and India
IND clash vs England and Sri Lanka
SL clash vs England and Afghanistan
Regardless of who is the nominal home team.

How this equates to Pakistan being the only green team not needing a clash, I dunno...maybe because South Africa stole their shade of green anyways? :p

I get that, but was it said anywhere other than "reportedly" that India would wear the orange kit in that game?
Is it perhaps being setup that each of the four blue teams wear their alternate kit a set number of times - against England and one other team or something?
AFG clash vs England and India
IND clash vs England and Sri Lanka
SL clash vs England and Afghanistan
Regardless of who is the nominal home team.

How this equates to Pakistan being the only green team not needing a clash, I dunno...maybe because South Africa stole their shade of green anyways? :p
From what I have seen in this WC, it's been the away team that has worn the clash kit. The only time a team listed as home and wore their clash kit was Afghanistan.
Pakistan don't have a clash kit, because they are listed as the home team in both of their games against Saffers and Bangers.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
From what I have seen in this WC, it's been the away team that has worn the clash kit. The only time a team listed as home and wore their clash kit was Afghanistan.
Pakistan don't have a clash kit, because they are listed as the home team in both of their games against Saffers and Bangers.
How's that match up with the list I wrote of who could wear their clash when?

EDIT: Doesn't quite match up.
AFG clash vs Sri Lanka (as the home team), Engalnd (away team) and India (the CWC website has India as the home team).
SL clash vs England (away team)
IND clash vs England (away team)
Will be interesting to see who wears clash in the IND v SL match - perhaps both?!
Someone with more knowledge of ODI rankings than I would possibly be able to confirm if perhaps it's the "lower-seeded" team wearing clash in each of these games - which would explain why Afghanistan are wearing it each time, as a team who qualified through the WCQ tournament. This could explain Pakistan not needing a clash top if they were ranked higher than both RSA and BAN at 30/9/2017 when the ranking cutoff for automatic entry was. Of note there however is that RSA wore their yellow shirts in the "home" game against BAN, so perhaps not.

Perhaps it IS just made up, which makes it easier to keep the two main subcontinental teams happy by minimising their use of alternate kits.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades

Black pants in the Big Bash are gone

That's so dumb. My favourite part about the Big Bash unis was the fact that they could work with two-tones. It was also a great way to differentiate the teams identities typically between Stars/Thunder and 6ers and Renegades due to their similar colours.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
So we'll now have two all-green teams, and the Strikers and Heat will look even more similar.
Wonder if this means no more black-based Heat "clash" top...did that even get used this last season?

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
So we'll now have two all-green teams, and the Strikers and Heat will look even more similar.
Wonder if this means no more black-based Heat "clash" top...did that even get used this last season?

You would think they would have more clash kits now, also means more varieties of shirts for the fans to buy

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
You would think they would have more clash kits now, also means more varieties of shirts for the fans to buy
The question then is what colour? Surely if they want "bold" kits they won't allow a mostly-black kit?

acm21

Club Legend
May 7, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon
The question then is what colour? Surely if they want "bold" kits they won't allow a mostly-black kit?

That’s a good point. I would hope it would be similar to the Brisbane clash which I did really like, but it does sound like they want it to be more vibrant

Back