Albanese - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kenneally is very good-smart, rational, sensible, decent. Lucky to have people like her there.
Albanese has put a good team together -looking forward to seeing them keep the libs on their toes.
yep. you can see she's putting the wind up all the rightists by the way they are carrying on here.

TBH I do wonder if Keneally is still damaged by her involvement with Obeid and the last NSW ALP government.

TBH I do wonder if Keneally is still damaged by her involvement with Obeid and the last NSW ALP government.

lol of course she is. I laugh at those here saying that the attention on her is because "rightists" are frightened of her. Moreso, we're gobsmacked at how someone consistently proven so ineffectual and unpopular can keep getting promoted!! (we know why - the Labor party is rotten).

Maybe Albo was right to keep this plonker out of Shadow Cabinet. Imagine, after that election defeat, and Albo's re-positioning as someone who will end the "conflict fatigue", going out and claiming tax cuts are "sexist".

Seriously dumb politics.

Finance Minister Mathias Cormann has hit out at Labor’s claims the Federal Government’s tax cuts are sexist, arguing that the tax system “is absolutely gender blind”.

While Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese has said the party is considering whether to support the full $160 billion tax cut package, Labor MPs are continuing to criticise the plan.

Shadow assistant treasurer Andrew Leigh said yesterday the third stage of the cuts would “increase inequality” and “mostly go to men”.

Oh and on that topic, is Labor seriously going to argue the Libs don't have a mandate?

It was basically the ONLY main policy the Libs brought to the election, Labor made its competing plan the centrepiece of its election bid and was claiming it would have a mandate, and we often hear screeching about how Governments are only ever planning for the short term not the medium to long term.

Chris Uhlmann, as ever, sums it up nicely in last week's Channel 9 vidcast:

Albo just retweeted this. Back to the identity politics for him it seems.

Julie Collins is confused - the gender pay gap has never referred to "equal pay for equal work" which has actually been legislated for decades.

yep. you can see she's putting the wind up all the rightists by the way they are carrying on here.

Sadly she is a reason why I wouldnt vote Labor. Incompetent or crooked are the only 2 options to described her time in NSW Parliament.

And as for Albo, I was hoping he would lead but he seems to have no interest in winning back traditional Labor voters and instead is only interested in garbage politics.

Sadly she is a reason why I wouldnt vote Labor. Incompetent or crooked are the only 2 options to described her time in NSW Parliament.

And as for Albo, I was hoping he would lead but he seems to have no interest in winning back traditional Labor voters and instead is only interested in garbage politics.
Labor’s primary next election will be around 30.

Oh and on that topic, is Labor seriously going to argue the Libs don't have a mandate?

The Coalition gained 1 seat. Don't think they have the mandate, and I don't think trying to ram through billions in donations to the highest income earners is prudent in this economic environment. Happy for the opposition to oppose this right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judging by the amount of people who during the last election claimed that they'd vote Labor if it was Albo leading instead of Shorten, I'd say it'll be closer to 40.

Depends which Albo we get. Class politics and internal bickering Albo, or Working for the best interests of most Australians Albo.

So far its a whole heap of the 1st. But I guess they have plenty of time to start being a proper opposition.

The Coalition gained 1 seat. Don't think they have the mandate, and I don't think trying to ram through billions in donations to the highest income earners is prudent in this economic environment. Happy for the opposition to oppose this right now.

Of course they do. They won a majority.

you don't sound to me like someone who has never voted labor. furthermore if being crooked was the reason not to vote for a party you'd never vote coalition cos that lot are full of them.

you don't sound to me like someone who has never voted labor. furthermore if being crooked was the reason not to vote for a party you'd never vote coalition cos that lot are full of them.

There is the usual level of corruption we come to expect, then there is being the Obeid puppet Premier.

I stupidly voted for Rudd in 2007. But that was more because WorkChoices was a disgraceful piece of legislation.

There is the usual level of corruption we come to expect, then there is being the Obeid puppet Premier.

I stupidly voted for Rudd in 2007. But that was more because WorkChoices was a disgraceful piece of legislation.
i think you'll find there are two lib admins been found guilty 'manipulating' liberal funds. one might even be in the clink. many sus members like potato head and angry angus too. your posting here shows a lib to the boot heels, so i reckon if you voted for rudd it was an error in marking the voting paper and you came without an eraser.

i think you'll find there are two lib admins been found guilty 'manipulating' liberal funds. one might even be in the clink. many sus members like potato head and angry angus too. your posting here shows a lib to the boot heels, so i reckon if you voted for rudd it was an error in marking the voting paper and you came without an eraser.

Liberals stealing money from Liberals.

Politicians stealing from us. One is more concerning than the other.

Also, $1.5 million vs $100 million or more (we will most likely never find out the true amount over all the years).

Liberals stealing money from Liberals.

Politicians stealing from us. One is more concerning than the other.

Also, $1.5 million vs $100 million or more (we will most likely never find out the true amount over all the years).
I'm surprised that this poster wants to play this game. Got a fair idea that there are a few Labor Mps who were involved in dodgy practices.

I'm surprised that this poster wants to play this game. Got a fair idea that there are a few Labor Mps who were involved in dodgy practices.

Oh it happens on all sides. Crooks love Parliament.

But Obeid was way above and beyond. Which is why the attempt to find some sort of Liberal equivalent fell so short.

They do have a mandate.

Even if they didn’t, let labor oppose a tax cut.

Some of the dumbest politicking ever by labor.

Their primary vote looking to shrink even further come next election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do have a mandate.

Even if they didn’t, let labor oppose a tax cut.

Some of the dumbest politicking ever by labor.

Their primary vote looking to shrink even further come next election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's the last stage Labor will oppose, they're happy with the low and medium income cuts from the first two stages.

Anyways, the Coalition has the majority in the house, so why should they rely on Labor here for support on this? Vote on the bill, stop acting like minnows in opposition and push it through to the Senate...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back