Racing July Daily Punt- Banana_bus vs the Hoops of Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

And still give you a negative ROI if you backed every one of his rides equally.
one of the most overrated jockeys in Australia. Gets all the plumb rides in Perth and still can only go at 20-25% success rate and -20% ROI
never seen someone gets so many 6/4 or shorter get beaten so often

May 20, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
one of the most overrated jockeys in Australia. Gets all the plumb rides in Perth and still can only go at 20-25% success rate and -20% ROI
View attachment 701677

How many jockeys have a positive ROI? I like Raquel Clark but she is exposed now with Kah leaving as she will win the premiership. Looking it up she has a +17% career ROI on over 2000 rides. Goes at like -45% ROI for Macdonald runners in the last 12 months as they always start unders but fair to say an absolutely smashing record on rides outside that stable to make up for it!

Last edited:
How many jockeys have a positive ROI? I like Raquel Clark but she is exposed now with Kah leaving as she will win the premiership. Looking it up she has a +17% career ROI on over 2000 rides. Goes at like -45% ROI for McDonald runners in the last 12 months as they always start unders but fair to say an absolutely smashing record on rides outside that stable to make up for it!
This is a jockey who has ridden over 200 winners this season in over 800 rides where you’d struggle to find 50 of them not first or second fav.
A jockey really should have a better strike rate than that with his book every week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Problem is, Pike is not responsible for his rides being over bet because of his following.

Pike booked on $3-50 shot
Horse starts $2-10 because of his band of merry mugs

Who's fault is that?

I agree you won't make money following him blindly but he doesn't set the price.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Aethero looked a horse out of his class at Sha Tin this evening.
Is it as good as they’re making i5 to be?

2yo's generally don't win like that against older horses.

that said it was a c3.

off top of my head looks like it will be G1 level type horse, whether it's as good as HK talking up only time will tell.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
2yo's generally don't win like that against older horses.

that said it was a c3.

off top of my head looks like it will be G1 level type horse, whether it's as good as HK talking up only time will tell.
ran a couple of lengths slower than the previous race, It did work a bit to get to the front and won with a bit in hand. Need to see it again but it will have a lot of improvement in it. So all in all an Everest candidate!

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
ran a couple of lengths slower than the previous race, It did work a bit to get to the front and won with a bit in hand. Need to see it again but it will have a lot of improvement in it. So all in all an Everest candidate!

just a 26 pound swing at WFA scale between the races. also ran faster home/slower earlier. should account for the time difference, even when we see it next in December with another 9lb at WFA it's still winning that C2 comprehensively and winning C1's which is effectively their group horses anyway.

Last edited:

history suggest both of those calls most likely to be incorrect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back