Cripps Bontempelli Kelly - The soon-to-be big 3?

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said the flag was his doing? He was the best player for our club all year in the year we won a flag while beating your mob in the PF, and AA in the same year. Won the B&F the following year too.

One year that was ordinary by his high standards, even though he clearly played very limited.

Enjoy Kelly this year, it’ll be the last year you see him in your colours anyway.
Hey, just a reminder that we will continue to enjoy Kelly. Cheers.

Nup, with Diesel, you knew that every week his output would be around 35 touches and a couple of goals, with plenty of assists on both left and right side. He has Cripps covered easily ATM
Cripps would push Diesel to the side and wouldnt get a look -too strong!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm beginning to become convinced that they are the two best mids in the game. Bontempelli has gone to another level these past few weeks after having an average patch and Cripps, had he not lost the last two weeks, would be on level pegging in the coaches votes. No other mid has more impact than these two at the moment.

I'm beginning to become convinced that they are the two best mids in the game. Bontempelli has gone to another level these past few weeks after having an average patch and Cripps, had he not lost the last two weeks, would be on level pegging in the coaches votes. No other mid has more impact than these two at the moment.
As noted above, Tim Kelly is in the conversation however Josh Kelly has battled injury this year. He's pure A grade when fit.,

Having already racked up a BnF in a premiership season the Bont will be adding a brownlow this year. Brownlowpeli is easily the best midfielder in the game at the moment.

Who cares. Tomayto Tomahto.

If you could send Cripps to the Dogs and Bont to Carlton neither team would be weakened by the swap. Although they might do things a little differently.

IMO, too, both players have at times been misused by their coach at times.
I get what you're saying, but I actually do think both clubs would be weaker by swapping. Carlton need the big, unstoppable body from Cripps, while Dogs need the class and composure that Bont offers. At least for the Dogs, we have guys like Dunkley and Macrae who would be too similar to someone like Cripps, while I don't think Bont would be as good as he is if he were at Carlton where there's less midfield support around him.

Absolutely love watching the Dogs/Carlton games and seeing them go head to head. Even if they don't play on each other, seeing them both trying to drag their side across the line and being an obvious tier above the rest is such a spectacle

There is no big 3 nowadays like the Swan, Ablett, Judd trio back around 2011, or even Martin, Dangerfield, Fyfe 3 years ago.

I think right now Cripps, Bont, JKelly, Coniglio, TKelly, Neale, Mitchell, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Martin and others are all in the same tier

Remove this Banner Ad

Back