Current injury list

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad really we can never seem to cut a break. By my reckoning that is 7 at a minimum from our best 22 sitting on the sidelines (Stephenson, Langdon, Beams, Adams, Aish, Sier, and Howe). If he was ever fully fit, then Elliott would make it 8.

I exclude Reid, Wells and Dunn as they have not been on the park much so could not be seen as best 22 anymore.
All correct.

If Wells was fit he’d easily be best 22.

He’d be 1,000 cleaner on Saturday than some of ours.

But he’s not uninsured so it’s a moot point.

Looking at the players we’d love to have a break on.

Stephenson (ok but he hurts us missing) whole dynamic forward is changed with him there.
Beams id have him 100 before Brown (at this point) Thomas, Daicos, Aish, Greenwood because when going he gets 25 plus and uses it well.
Adams the badger.
Sier and Howe and Langdon ofcourse.

Elliott would be the missing link. A star if healthy. A real difference maker.

I don't think Seir is going to miss a week.

Didn't seem like a really bad knock so we can only hope he'll be okay.

Didn't seem like a really bad knock so we can only hope he'll be okay.

Didn't even see him get hit in the head, must of been a whip lash effect. They are overtly cautious now when it comes to any symptoms (not all are even guaranteed to be concussion related like headaches).

I wonder how many of the symptoms are needed to be checked off before they make the call?

Obviously there are some very blatant signs but yeah sometimes I wonder.

I think we’ve gotten our list profile all wrong.

1 - Beams, Wells, Sier, Aish, Dunn, Reid, Howe
2 - Adams, Langdon, Quaynor, Murphy
3 - Elliott

All these guys struggling to get on the park, with the possible exception of Billy, they just don’t have the syllables required to get through the rigors of a full H & A season.

Look at Pendlebury, Bosenavulagi, Hoskin-Elliott; names you can hang your hat on and they’re running around like gazelles!

I’d be worried about the likes of Moore, Cox, Daicos, Treloar, Phillips, Greenwood, Maynard, Roughead and Grundy unless they can get their syllables up somehow, and even De Goey can’t afford to get complacent with the Dutch pronunciation.

Stephenson was a fool because you could rely on him to get through the year, and Scharenberg obviously has exceptional powers of recovery, so too Appleby with Elliott not far away now. Thank God for Mihocek and Sidebottom.

Bosenavulagi might break Jim Stynes’ record with his prowess.

Broom-Head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are Geelong on top of the ladder because they have good depth? Of course not. They are on top because they are a good team having a good injury run.

Yeah, reminds me of the Tigers when they won. Barely an injury in sight.

Interestingly Matthew Loyd said on the AFL site that Reid had gone past Cox. But ... now he's gone too.

Our depth is currently very poor which is evident in our VFL performances, we're missing everyone dearly that is best 22.

VFL have won their last 2. Can't believe there isn't a ROLL thread.

Why bother listing Quaynor, Kelly, Murphy, Wills and Murray?
2 x first years not in AFL frame, a 2nd year who has been inconsistent to date and likely not a feature only depth, and a player suspended before last trade period and they didn't look for a mature filler (have mid season now with Noble). And wills is proven he is a good VFL player thats all and is not a best 22 type.

Ditto really with perennially injured Wells, will we even get a full season of games over 4 years? They know they wont get a dozen games, hell they be laughing if he played half a dozen in a season.

Seir will be back only delayed concussion.

The real list that impacts is:
Adams
Langdon
Arnorld Stephenson 💪
Howe
Aish

With impact but really we are used to them not being there anyway:

Elliott - one could argue similar to Wells here.
Beams - new to club and known injury history.
Reid - Another like Elliott and Wells perennially injured all 3 the club had got used to not being there.
Dunn - covered for him last year on his last season bought in Roughead as his direct replacement.

The injury's have impacted our intercept ability and rebound as well as our grunt inside the guts. But lets be genuine with what total impact that list has had given the history of half of them.
I bother because they are our depth, Murphy especially was set to make inroads this year, you can't polish this turd, it's destroyed another season and will keep on destroying seasons til they admit they've got the training surface wrong

I bother because they are our depth, Murphy especially was set to make inroads this year, you can't polish this turd, it's destroyed another season and will keep on destroying seasons til they admit they've got the training surface wrong

What's your evidence for that?

And yet nobody has injured themselves at training this year...

It's not the track.

What's your evidence for that?
The players themselves suspect it and have voiced their concerns, they're closer to it than me so I'll go with them

Go back and see when this 9 season run started and what else just happened to occur around that time

It's ****en obvious to me but the powers that be have sunk 10's of millions into it so the players must be wrong

And yet nobody has injured themselves at training this year...

It's not the track.
The players disagree with you, who gives a flying **** anyway? another season gone, another premiership stolen last year, same old same ****en old

The players themselves suspect it and have voiced their concerns, they're closer to it than me so I'll go with them

Go back and see when this 9 season run started and what else just happened to occur around that time

It's ****en obvious to me but the powers that be have sunk 10's of millions into it so the players must be wrong

Not to be a pest, but do you have evidence for the evidence? (i.e. that the players have issues with it).

I'm not discounting the theory, by the way. Hard not to acknowledge that all is not well with Collingwood and injuries, but I prefer my evidence to be at least slightly compelling.

We really lack X-factor and class at the moment. There are lots of low-impact B-grade players in the team right now - Daicos, Thomas, Mayne, Brown, Varcoe, Phillips, (Aish), Greenwood - none of whom would strike any fear in the hearts of opposition coaches/players.

We desperately need A-graders Adams, Elliott, Howe and Langdon back ASAP, without anyone else going down in the meantime. I suspect, the loss of Stephenson is the biggest blow of all - I never realised how valuable he had become until he wasn't there. Its going to be a long two months without him.

I also think it has been a mistake not getting Quaynor to debut before now. Every other team had given one or more new players their debut weeks ago. We are last to have a debutant by a mile. We should have taken the punt and gone for an injection of youthful enthusiasm - even if slightly premature. It worked a treat last year, so why be so conservative this year? Renewing the list and taking risks is vital if improvement is to occur. Now we'll end up bringing Quaynor in out of necessity, when the team is under pressure and already carrying all those low-impact B-graders listed above.

A top-four berth is in danger of slipping through our fingers on our current path.

We really lack X-factor and class at the moment. There are lots of low-impact B-grade players in the team right now - Daicos, Thomas, Mayne, Brown, Varcoe, Phillips, (Aish), Greenwood - none of whom would strike any fear in the hearts of opposition coaches/players.

We desperately need A-graders Adams, Elliott, Howe and Langdon back ASAP, without anyone else going down in the meantime. I suspect, the loss of Stephenson is the biggest blow of all - I never realised how valuable he had become until he wasn't there. Its going to be a long two months without him.

I also think it has been a mistake not getting Quaynor to debut before now. Every other team had given one or more new players their debut weeks ago. We are last to have a debutant by a mile. We should have taken the punt and gone for an injection of youthful enthusiasm - even if slightly premature. It worked a treat last year, so why be so conservative this year? Renewing the list and taking risks is vital if improvement is to occur. Now we'll end up bringing Quaynor in out of necessity, when the team is under pressure and already carrying all those low-impact B-graders listed above.

A top-four berth is in danger of slipping through our fingers on our current path.

Wells was the biggest loss.

But otherwise I agree.

Not to be a pest, but do you have evidence for the evidence? (i.e. that the players have issues with it).

I'm not discounting the theory, by the way. Hard not to acknowledge that all is not well with Collingwood and injuries, but I prefer my evidence to be at least slightly compelling.

I don't think you'll hear it from players now, it's pointless from a club point of view, we invested and we aren't likely to take the hit required to fix it so nobody bothers with what you can't change. The players were adamant a few years ago, but hey maybe they're wrong and we are just having an unlucky 9 year streak and it's all a coincidence... and maybe we'll be having this conversation in another 9 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back