Game Day GDT(Round 15) Brisbane Lions vs Melbourne Demons, Gabba @ 15:20 AEST-The Overwhelming Pride

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness though, we’ve got some serious issues. I mean we were top 4 last year and now we can’t even make the 8. Not only that we are a real chance of being below Carlton after this game
Carlton have more talent than us in their list and team. They just don't have the belief and depth of fight we've developed, over the years, Yet.! They are starting to rise, and this week will be all about the Ins and Outs, Gawn. Curnow, Cripps. etc.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, we risk becoming a basket case again unless some hard decisions are made.
Were not that bad off.
We're having a season from hell, which will deliver a pot of molten gold. we need midfield class like anything. Come over Coniglio. And an early pick.

Is Wines off the radar, reckon I'd trade Petracca for him.

I don’t think you can emerge too soon, but Carlton could be four wins if they beat us next week with a better percentage. That’s absolutely dire.
I differ with this.
Our ladder position is irrelevant now, IMO, and the only important thing now is to maintain player health, and to blood some young talent, that will aid us in the coming preseason, and 2020.

To me now, the important thing is to build connectivity and form, and working at getting out team balance better sorted.
I want to see young Dunkley on the MCG, to see what he looks like, and see JKH again, and Preuss.

I reckon that ankle injury Gawn copped, looked concerning. If he's sore then rest him, and play Preuss in his place.
We're not playing for a top 4 spot, so be conservative with our inured.

I differ with this.
Our ladder position is irrelevant now, IMO, and the only important thing now is to maintain player health, and to blood some young talent, that will aid us in the coming preseason, and 2020.

To me now, the important thing is to build connectivity and form, and working at getting out team balance better sorted.
I want to see young Dunkley on the MCG, to see what he looks like, and see JKH again, and Preuss.

I reckon that ankle injury Gawn copped, looked concerning. If he's sore then rest him, and play Preuss in his place.
We're not playing for a top 4 spot, so be conservative with our inured.
The only part I differ with is playing JKH

The only part I differ with is playing JKH
The players nearer the end of the list, IMO, we should be looking at them closely.
I remember when supporters were calling for ANB to be de-listed. Well, I think JKH is following ANB's development line. But I think JKH has more speed, more courage, and I believe from past games watched, he is a better user of the ball.

I think he's a smarter player. generally. I'm not bothered by the height difference. I would keep them both on the list.

We have progressed over last season :
With Baker getting on the park and showing he has some smarts, and can play a bit.
With Lockhart another tick on the list.
May showing he'll be a player for us.
Petracca belatedly starting to show some effort.
TSmith stating to show something as a 3rd/2nd tall.
Frosty playing some of his best efforts.
Hunt, proving he has a place up forward.
Salem playing his best footy.
Fritta starting to mature and show more physicality.
and Dunkley showing at VFL lelvel he has some tricks.

All in all, a good bag of positives in there, Re individuals efforts side of the equation.

The form and teamwork side of our games, has been really frustrating & disappointing. But those Black Clouds have a habit of being chased on, by the clear weather following them.

The players nearer the end of the list, IMO, we should be looking at them closely.
I remember when supporters were calling for ANB to be de-listed. Well, I think JKH is following ANB's development line. But I think JKH has more speed, more courage, and I believe from past games watched, he is a better user of the ball.

I think he's a smarter player. generally. I'm not bothered by the height difference. I would keep them both on the list.

We have progressed over last season :
With Baker getting on the park and showing he has some smarts, and can play a bit.
With Lockhart another tick on the list.
May showing he'll be a player for us.
Petracca belatedly starting to show some effort.
TSmith stating to show something as a 3rd/2nd tall.
Frosty playing some of his best efforts.
Hunt, proving he has a place up forward.
Salem playing his best footy.
Fritta starting to mature and show more physicality.
and Dunkley showing at VFL lelvel he has some tricks.

All in all, a good bag of positives in there, Re individuals efforts side of the equation.

The form and teamwork side of our games, has been really frustrating & disappointing. But those Black Clouds have a habit of being chased on, by the clear weather following them.

That isn't helping to sell me the idea of JKH in the team, ANB improved a bit but he is no world beater.

That isn't helping to sell me the idea of JKH in the team, ANB improved a bit but he is no world beater.
Exactly, that's right. Its not a very high bar, but it is there, and gut-runners are needed.
But I think that JKH has a higher ceiling than ANB, from what I've seen late last year, and this. ANB has been disappointing mostly this year.

We can't afford to cutaway, what it is we're lacking. Until we have better to replace it with.

Exactly, that's right. Its not a very high bar, but it is there, and gut-runners are needed.
But I think that JKH has a higher ceiling than ANB, from what I've seen late last year, and this. ANB has been disappointing mostly this year.

We can't afford to cutaway, what it is we're lacking. Until we have better to replace it with.

I would kill for a gut runner that could actually hit a target.

I'm just not sure JKH will make it, i hope he proves me wrong but i just don't see it when he gets to AFL level.

I would kill for a gut runner that could actually hit a target.

I'm just not sure JKH will make it, i hope he proves me wrong but i just don't see it when he gets to AFL level.
I agree.
But, you know, you can't remove a weak Liver, without a better replacement for it first of all.

Seems we have two only; & with Harmes coming along, as well.

IMO, it was ANB, and the emergence of Harmes best form last year, that allowed us to rise up the ladder.

Prior to this, we were struggling to find the power running to spread enough, to get ontop of the defensive press and offensively as well.
We just didn't have the running power in the team to pull off the press, until ANB, and then after him, Harmes gave our hard running a boost.

TMcDonald was also a pillar in this regard, when he was playing mostly midfield minutes/wing, starting inside the forward arc.

This year, ANB has been off, TMcDonald has been off, Jonesy, Viney. Our hard running has been collectively poor for most of the front half of season 2019.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back