FTA-TV First Date - Part 4 and the summer of tennis

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
She was one of the few (Halep the other and to a degree Jo Konta) that had any clay form. The gaping hole in the WTA and for that matter the ATP to a degree is there are very few genuine claycourters. Jeez imagine what say a Justine Henin would do to these scrubs- I mean jeez if she announced she was coming back a week before this year's French, she'd probably win it- that's how short the WTA is with claycourters. It's a flat out joke that Sharapova would be in the top handful on that surface still!
Wta is so unpredictable, anyone from the top 20 can be no1

Knowledgeable tennis fans saying how it is. And with the diminishing terminology as well.

On hard courts they are fine as their weaknesses especially movement isn’t exposed. I love clay court tennis at its best but it’s shocking at the moment. I mean fair dinkum a ball bashed in Konta in a QF- give me a break! She couldn’t hit a volley even if it was a lollypop!

Wta is so unpredictable, anyone from the top 20 can be no1

That’s why I’m picking a Kvitova win at Wimbledon because frankly I trust her more- but goodness knows why. Pliskova won’t get a better chance with her draw

If Petra is fit, I think she will win.

Pliskova is a maybe

Pliskova is more a Hail Mary on the cakewalk draw she has till the semis. Every good grass courter is on the other side and she’d only need to beat Svitolina who probably won’t even make the semi anyway to reach the final

316ozg0.jpg

Isn't it almost over? It used to be finished around the 4th of July. It used to be a twofer.
Found the answer myself. Started a week later starting in 2015.

"The tournament was held one week later than in previous seasons, giving a three-week gap from the end of the 2015 French Open. The change, announced in 2012, is intended to provide players more time for recuperation and preparatory grass-court tournaments.[1]"

Found the answer myself. Started a week later starting in 2015.

"The tournament was held one week later than in previous seasons, giving a three-week gap from the end of the 2015 French Open. The change, announced in 2012, is intended to provide players more time for recuperation and preparatory grass-court tournaments.[1]"
You didnt know?

They changed the date so it wasnt close with the French Open, giving the players some time off.

You didnt know?

They changed the date so it wasnt close with the French Open, giving the players some time off.
Why would I know? In 2015 I had far more important things to worry about. I haven't really watched it since 1999.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back