Essendon v Sydney (MCG)
Gold Coast v Richmond (MS)
Adelaide v Port Adelaide (AO) (T)
Western Bulldogs v Geelong (MRVL) (N)
Fremantle v West Coast (OS) (N)

Sunday, July 7
Carlton v Melbourne (MCG)
North Melbourne v St Kilda (BA)
Greater Western Sydney v Brisbane Lions (GIA) (T)

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Only real questions are what Melbourne and Brisbane will wear. Brisbane I feel like they wore clash last year and it worked a lot better than I expected.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
Crows wearing their Indigenous jumper in the Showdown this weekend, though the only articles I can find on it are paywalled. Given the darker jumper, I could imagine Port may be told to wear their clash for the first time in a long time in a Showdown.

Maybe now we'll finally get to see Collingwood in the pinstiped-home 'away' jumper.

GWS-Brisbane will be terrible whichever of their away jumpers they wear. Really should be in their home for this matchup.

Doesn’t mean it won’t happen.
Most likely just Richmond though. What with the old school white shorts policy in 2019
Perhaps they could, but would it not interrupt the 'light v dark' contrast?

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
GC Richmond game.
Normally teams haven't worn white shorts away to either Sydney or GC. But this year they have been. So I suspect Richmond will be in white shorts. I think it's unnecessary, but I don't think it will upset any light vs dark balance.

If anything Sydney should be in white shorts away to Essendon, but I don't expect they will be.

So I suspect Richmond will be in white shorts. I think it's unnecessary, but I don't think it will upset any light vs dark balance.
Game day hub has them wearing black shorts.

Website%20Header%20-%20Uniform%202019%20-%20Home%20and%20Black.png

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Maybe now we'll finally get to see Collingwood in the pinstiped-home 'away' jumper.

Doubt it considering they wore the home guernsey + white shorts combo against the Bulldogs a couple weeks ago and I expect them to do the same on Friday

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Don’t get spooked by a couple of occurrences of white shorts against Sydney. I’m still confident the general policy is coloured shorts against the Suns and the Swans.

When you really look at it, West Coast is the only outlier where a team has worn their home jumper with white shorts. Other instances (Hawthorn and Gold Coast against Sydney) have been a clash jumper, which by default is paired with white shorts. North actually wore blue shorts with the Bounding Roo against Gold Coast.

I still haven’t seen an explanation for the Eagles game. We know they had their royal shorts there because they wore them in the training run the day before. I can only guess it was a mistake (kit man just assumed white for away game) or it was the Eagles choice to wear white shorts, because they want to keep full royal for home games only.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Doubt it considering they wore the home guernsey + white shorts combo against the Bulldogs a couple weeks ago and I expect them to do the same on Friday

That was explained as being necessary for sponsor arrangements. They wore their Indigenous jumper in a home game, but it had the away sponsor configuration. The Bulldogs game was a way of squaring the ledger, by wearing home sponsor configuration in an away game.

Crows wearing their Indigenous jumper in the Showdown this weekend, though the only articles I can find on it are paywalled. Given the darker jumper, I could imagine Port may be told to wear their clash for the first time in a long time in a Showdown
Article now up on the crows site

Interesting that the AFL blocked Port from wearing their indigenous too due to a clash.

Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Jul 17, 2006
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Double confirmed.

Gonna be kinda weird, first time in a decade that it won’t be both teams in home jumpers.

Away jumpers were worn fairly regularly by both teams till about 2004 before mostly settling on home jumpers. Then in 2009 Adelaide randomly wore the swooping crow away, and Port wore the original Planet Teal incarnation of the current home in their away game. Been back to home jumpers again ever since.

Wonder if it will set a precedent going forward?

Back