Albanese - how long?

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
They do have a mandate.

Even if they didn’t, let labor oppose a tax cut.

Some of the dumbest politicking ever by labor.

Their primary vote looking to shrink even further come next election.

Last I heard they were fine with the early tranche(s), but wouldn't support the extreme regression of our tax system, the massive winfalls to the highest earners.

Coalition want to wedge the issue by saying it's all or nothing. Happy for the opposition to oppose the sending of our economy down the toilet, votes in it or not.

If we take your post as an example of someone who seems to pay at least some attention, imagine how clueless the genpop out there is. Country's rooted.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
They do have a mandate.

Even if they didn’t, let labor oppose a tax cut.

Some of the dumbest politicking ever by labor.

Their primary vote looking to shrink even further come next election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I honestly thought that Albo would’ve won the last election if he was leader instead of Bogus Bill. I posted this a few times. Since Albo is even closer to Maggie5 ‘s type of politics than Bill, he has no hope of ever being PM. How wrong was I?

I honestly thought that Albo would’ve won the last election if he was leader instead of Bogus Bill. I posted this a few times. Since Albo is even closer to Maggie5 ‘s type of politics than Bill, he has no hope of ever being PM. How wrong was I?
Why are you tagging me?

Why not? I was trying to describe how/why Albo will never be PM. Since you’re our resident Greens supporter (a party that will never win government) it seemed appropriate. Just roll with it. :)
I am not alone, think there may be a couple more.;)

On a serious not, I know Bill was very unpopular however I still don't get what others see in Albo, I haven't seen anything standout.

Do you think it may be because he stopped supporting Gillard, so therefore he was one of the good guys?

Demons09

Premiership Player
Jan 12, 2009
rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Why are you and Chalmers blocking these tax cuts, learnt nothing from the election good start to your leader ship qualities right there, you’ll be in opposition for awhile yet with this stupidity.

May 29, 2008
Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SS Lazio
Last I heard they were fine with the early tranche(s), but wouldn't support the extreme regression of our tax system, the massive winfalls to the highest earners.

Coalition want to wedge the issue by saying it's all or nothing. Happy for the opposition to oppose the sending of our economy down the toilet, votes in it or not.

If we take your post as an example of someone who seems to pay at least some attention, imagine how clueless the genpop out there is. Country's rooted.

“Country’s rooted” by a democratic vote.

The majority of Australians voted for it. Labor lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

On a serious not, I know Bill was very unpopular however I still don't get what others see in Albo, I haven't seen anything standout.

Do you think it may be because he stopped supporting Gillard, so therefore he was one of the good guys?
Albo supported Rudd. I don’t understand your question? Shorten withdrew his support for Gillard and backed Rudd in again as leader. Albo told Gillard that it wasn’t personal and he always supported Rudd.

Would explain the 2gb love

Albo supported Rudd. I don’t understand your question? Shorten withdrew his support for Gillard and backed Rudd in again as leader. Albo told Gillard that it wasn’t personal and he always supported Rudd.
What I meant was that Bill flip flopped and Albo stood down as couldn't support Gillard. That would have endeared him to some Labor voters and also others who didn't like Gillard.

Is he on there now? Regular spot?

Last edited:

William Wonka

Jesus died for somebodies sins but not mine
May 28, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What I meant was that Bill flip flopped and Albo stood down as couldn't support Gillard. That would have endeared him to some Labor voters and also others who didn't like Gillard.

99% of the population have no idea about the internal machinations of the ALP.
They know Albanese is reasonably likeable and Shorten had the charisma of dust

99% of the population have no idea about the internal machinations of the ALP.
They know Albanese is reasonably likeable and Shorten had the charisma of dust
I'll put up my hand as part of 99%.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool

You have to talk and listen to all Australians if you want to become PM. Howard always made himself available for the ABC.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
You have to talk and listen to all Australians if you want to become PM. Howard always made himself available for the ABC.
Of course he did because he knew what a fair, balanced and decent organisation the ABC is. Tells us more about it than Johnny.
Rupert’s mouthpieces on the other hand, well -the complete opposite of those qualities. And his readers are so entrenched in their views, doubtful anything bill had to say would be heard by them! In fact he had plenty good to say that nobody noticed unfortunately. A photo in the Hun of scomo and his kids gambolling, was all it took to get our public over the line. Lol indeed.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Cubs
It's the last stage Labor will oppose, they're happy with the low and medium income cuts from the first two stages.

Anyways, the Coalition has the majority in the house, so why should they rely on Labor here for support on this? Vote on the bill, stop acting like minnows in opposition and push it through to the Senate...
Nah let ScoMo squirm for a little while longer.
The pressure is on the government to pass legislation, not the opposition.
Let's see what this Prime Minister is made of - is he a slackarse or a deal breaker?

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Of course he did because he knew what a fair, balanced and decent organisation the ABC is. Tells us more about it than Johnny.
Rupert’s mouthpieces on the other hand, well -the complete opposite of those qualities. And his readers are so entrenched in their views, doubtful anything bill had to say would be heard by them! In fact he had plenty good to say that nobody noticed unfortunately. A photo in the Hun of scomo and his kids gambolling, was all it took to get our public over the line. Lol indeed.
Nice melt with a tinge of sadness that the ABC couldn’t get Labor over the line. Looks like Albo hasn’t learnt anything from the election results.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Nice melt with a tinge of sadness that the ABC couldn’t get Labor over the line. Looks like Albo hasn’t learnt anything from the election results.
Crikey Lebbo- you call that a melt? I’ll show you a melt!
I call the above post- ‘Just stating the facts.’

Based on reports from Samantha Maiden in the New Daily, it looks like that the ALP Caucus was divided yesterday on whether to oppose the third round of tax cuts or not. It's unsurprising that clowns like Fitzgibbon wanted Albanese to drop opposition to the third round.

So far, ScoMo has played Albanese like a fiddle.

Personally, I felt that pushing aside Husic to promote Kenneally into the shadow cabinet was a major mis-step from Albanese, and it's pretty clear that he's played the internal politics of expelling Setka from the party poorly.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Based on reports from Samantha Maiden in the New Daily, it looks like that the ALP Caucus was divided yesterday on whether to oppose the third round of tax cuts or not. It's unsurprising that clowns like Fitzgibbon wanted Albanese to drop opposition to the third round.

So far, ScoMo has played Albanese like a fiddle.

Personally, I felt that pushing aside Husic to promote Kenneally into the shadow cabinet was a major mis-step from Albanese, and it's pretty clear that he's played the internal politics of expelling Setka from the party poorly.
Agree albanese poor on Setka situation. It’s not surprising that alp are a little nervous at the moment and over correcting. Plenty of time for them to get sorted and for Albo to lift his game.

Back