The Official New York Knicks Thread - 'The Official New York Knicks Thread - At Least We Didn't Get Swept

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
when i was choosing an NBA team to follow it came down to the Bucks or Knicks...
what have i done :p
as a tigers supporter im resiliant so i just need to hang in there haha..
im exited to see DSJ, RJ, Knox and Randle next year.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Randle I can accept if paired with someone like Dlo or the like.

For the life of me I cannot understand what RJ is going to get out of losing alongside talent like Portis & Bullock. Either shop to win or teach your young talent with top talent rather than improving by 10 wins & having RJ learn * all off mediocre talent while basically losing anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Dallas Cowboys
Randle I can accept if paired with someone like Dlo or the like.

For the life of me I cannot understand what RJ is going to get out of losing alongside talent like Portis & Bullock. Either shop to win or teach your young talent with top talent rather than improving by 10 wins & having RJ learn **** all off mediocre talent while basically losing anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I actually don't mind them surrounding the young guys with young NBA vets. It takes the pressure off RJ, DSJ & Knox if they're not being relied upon to carry a franchise.

I'd be rolling with a starting 5 of
DSJ
Bullock
RJ
Randle
Robinson

That's a good balance of youth & experience. I'd then bring Dotson, Frankie & Knox off the bench with Taj & Portis but still make the young guys the go-to options.

Expecting so much from our young players/pick in my opinion has stunted their growth over the last few years & we need to experiment with other ways to integrate them into a successful NBA system. We desperately need RJ to turn into a star because we need a player that attracts other free agents. KP was that player but obviously didn't work out because he's a diva.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Expecting so much from our young players/pick in my opinion has stunted their growth over the last few years & we need to experiment with other ways to integrate them into a successful NBA system. We desperately need RJ to turn into a star because we need a player that attracts other free agents. KP was that player but obviously didn't work out because he's a diva.

He'll be a star. It's just where is the issue.

We're on the clock & have 2 years to get competitive or get a decent FA signing, because he's a winner and he won't put up with mediocrity forever.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
He'll be a star. It's just where is the issue.

We're on the clock & have 2 years to get competitive or get a decent FA signing, because he's a winner and he won't put up with mediocrity forever.

I hope you’re right & luckily we have the 4 years on his rookie contract to make it happen.

It’s simple, he turns into a star then we come a genuine option for top tier free agents.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
take this haters..........

This isn't the free agency that New York fans imagined, but Knicks gathering group of serious-minded, professional players: Ellington, Bobby Portis, Taj Gibson and Julius Randle. No stars, but Randle's young and talented. It's a hard-playing, competitive group for David Fizdale.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
take this haters..........

This isn't the free agency that New York fans imagined, but Knicks gathering group of serious-minded, professional players: Ellington, Bobby Portis, Taj Gibson and Julius Randle. No stars, but Randle's young and talented. It's a hard-playing, competitive group for David Fizdale.
I can't see this group taking us very far but at least we won't be pushovers for the first time in years. It'll be nice to actually root for a team that's trying to get a few wins.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
I can't see this group taking us very far but at least we won't be pushovers for the first time in years. It'll be nice to actually root for a team that's trying to get a few wins.
After watching some espn this morning the main thing i got out of it is that the Nets attracted quality FA's is because of their culture and they showed they tried to win.
Obviously we were tanking for Zion and that backfired in more than 1 way no in hindsight..
I think if we can have 2 winning seasons under Fiz this year and next we will get someone in FA soon.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
After watching some espn this morning the main thing i got out of it is that the Nets attracted quality FA's is because of their culture and they showed they tried to win.
Obviously we were tanking for Zion and that backfired in more than 1 way no in hindsight..
I think if we can have 2 winning seasons under Fiz this year and next we will get someone in FA soon.
Yep agreed. Building a competitive culture will no doubt help with the development of our young players. We really need a couple of them to turn into elite players, I'd say RJ & Robinson the most likely.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
What are your thoughts on DSJ and Knox?

My 2 cents is they'll just be average NBA players. Both far too inefficient in their particular areas, DSJ facilitating, Knox scoring, to ever be anything other than average.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
What are your thoughts on DSJ and Knox?
I think the best we can hope for in Knox is a solid 3&D wing but he needs to get stronger & a more reliable shot. He also needs to play within his abilities & stop jacking up long range 2 pointers.
DSJ I still really like but his success is dependant on his 3pt shot coming along & his defence improving. He's too easy to defend while it's not falling. He's super athletic & can get to the ring whenever he wants.
I see them both as fringe starters on a decent team. I just really hope they get every chance to excel over the next 2 years & they don't decide to bury them on the bench in favour playing players like Bullock & Payton.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
My 2 cents is they'll just be average NBA players. Both far too inefficient in their particular areas, DSJ facilitating, Knox scoring, to ever be anything other than average.
It will definitely help DSJ to have a few solid teammates to play with, bigs in particular.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
It will definitely help DSJ to have a few solid teammates to play with, bigs in particular.

I disagree. Haha.

DSJ needs spacing to be able to exploit his explosiveness as he's a score first guard. Gibson, Randle & Mitch Rob don't really help the team's spacing much.

I look forward to seeing the connection that Payton & Mitch Rob develop.

Dons4days

Club Legend
Dec 1, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I disagree. Haha.

DSJ needs spacing to be able to exploit his explosiveness as he's a score first guard. Gibson, Randle & Mitch Rob don't really help the team's spacing much.

I look forward to seeing the connection that Payton & Mitch Rob develop.
I think Portis & Randle offer more spacing than what he played with last year. Gibson to a lesser degree as well.
Deandre, Vonleh & Robinson offer very little last year, especially when Vonlehs shot stopped falling.

My main point was that he didn't really play with many established NBA bodies last year, particularly after he was traded to NY.
He's definitely a score first guard & I really hope they try to run as much offence as they can through Randle & RJ so DSJ is expected to do as much. He's not a number 1 option for a team & I don't think he ever will be so there's no point playing him as one like we did quite a bit last year.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
People forget RJ was meant to be in his last year of High School this year but skipped his final year and went to Duke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah wow.

RJ & Zion are only just turning 19, whereas Ja Morant & Reddish are turning 20.

Back