Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Are you trying to compare Brenton Tarrant with the multitude ISIS and miscellaneous Islamic terrorists? Its no surprise the usual suspects were in raptures after that lunatics rampage.
As Malifice said. Let’s look at a terrorist attack conducted by a Muslim; Moscow terrorist attack in 2010. 40 odd dead. Now let’s look at a terrorist attack conducted by a non Muslim, Tarrant; Christchurch. 49 dead.

I’m both cases you’ve got individuals with extremist views going berserk for their ‘cause’. Is this not terrorism? Or do we only use the word terror attack for non white felons and the word lunatic for a white person?

You see this is where your argument breaks down, ‘the usual suspects were in raptures’, what, the people who abhor 49 people being murdered? Just like the innocent men, women and children were flown into the World Trade Centre in 2001? Or how the well known cafe owner was knifed and murdered in Melbourne by the nutcase last year?

My point of view is that I detest it. Reading about the journalists having their heads cut off in Syria for example is a sick and disgusting act, and if they still hang people using cranes over there then that might befit the perpetrators. Just like I abhor reading about Tarrant blowing off the head of an innocent Muslim woman going about her daily prayer ritual.

So yeah, I am comparing Tarrant to them, because he is a terrorist. If you can’t see that then you’re one eyed and a bigot.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty sure Tarrant wasnt murdering in the name of a religion. Seemed like a classic outcast to me.
Yeah, and not all Muslims murder due to religion. He wasn’t an outcast at all, he was active in right wing chat forums and methodically planned this. You don’t just believe in Islam and become a murderer, there are plenty of people who believe in Islam that don’t murder people.

Everyone has a cause or driving force. Religion is one, bigotry is another etc etc

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Even more incredible is that one of them has been previously jailed in Lebanon on terrorist activities. How the hell is he living happily in Sydney. I have zero faith in our immigration system.
I find it incredible that our sub par legal system allowed Dupas, Price and Bailey into society after committing offences.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Pretty sure Tarrant wasnt murdering in the name of a religion. Seemed like a classic outcast to me.

Yeah, and we’ve got a massive problem with SJW from the left brigade.....

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Buzzz. Wrong.

Those, like Ilhan Omar, that toss up Trump's "Muslim Ban" conveniently forget to mention the most populous Muslim nations (eg Indonesia) aren't on the list. Yes, the US carry some blame as to why these nations are on the list (their government admin has been bombedback to the stone age and no one can verify identities) but the ban isn't targetting Muslims as a whole.
Which is ironic isn’t it? Considering the argument premise for bigots is generalisation yet you can clearly see that not all Muslims are terrorists.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
As Malifice said. Let’s look at a terrorist attack conducted by a Muslim; Moscow terrorist attack in 2010. 40 odd dead. Now let’s look at a terrorist attack conducted by a non Muslim, Tarrant; Christchurch. 49 dead.

I’m both cases you’ve got individuals with extremist views going berserk for their ‘cause’. Is this not terrorism? Or do we only use the word terror attack for non white felons and the word lunatic for a white person?

You see this is where your argument breaks down, ‘the usual suspects were in raptures’, what, the people who abhor 49 people being murdered? Just like the innocent men, women and children were flown into the World Trade Centre in 2001? Or how the well known cafe owner was knifed and murdered in Melbourne by the nutcase last year?

My point of view is that I detest it. Reading about the journalists having their heads cut off in Syria for example is a sick and disgusting act, and if they still hang people using cranes over there then that might befit the perpetrators. Just like I abhor reading about Tarrant blowing off the head of an innocent Muslim woman going about her daily prayer ritual.

So yeah, I am comparing Tarrant to them, because he is a terrorist. If you can’t see that then you’re one eyed and a bigot.
In short, how could you not?
Wtf you have just quoted my two posts seven times?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I find it ridiculous that Brenton Tarrant could fly under the radar as an extremist as well. I mean, who exactly is monitoring the chat forums used by him and those like him to look out for extreme and violent reactions? Did nobody know he had firearms in his possession?

Kind of works both ways.

Lets take turns listing Islamic and non-Islamic terrorists of the last 20 years. Want to play?

I reckon you run out about 13,000 or 14,000 before I do.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

What? He has a clearly articulated and thought out political agenda. He published a manifesto FFS.

Are you saying 'terrorism' is defined as only religious violence? Im super confused as to what distinction you're trying to make between Tarrant (and other Right wing terrorists like Brevik etc) Islamic terrorists.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
What? He has a clearly articulated and thought out political agenda. He published a manifesto FFS.

Are you saying 'terrorism' is defined as only religious violence? Im super confused as to what distinction you're trying to make between Tarrant (and other Right wing terrorists like Brevik etc) Islamic terrorists.

The only real difference is sheer weight of numbers.

In Australia its a couple vs dozens.

Globally its hundreds vs tens of thousands.

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
Lets take turns listing Islamic and non-Islamic terrorists of the last 20 years. Want to play?

Islam sympathisers make me lose even more faith in society. The religion was invented by a war lord pedo and people still follow it today - where is the evolution? Is it any wonder why people commit extreme violent acts in its name when the basis of it was war and death. Nevermind the way women and homosexuals are treated by those who strictly abide by Sharia law.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Islam sympathisers make me lose even more faith in society. The religion was invented by a war lord pedo and people still follow it today - where is the evolution? Is it any wonder why people commit extreme violent acts in its name when the basis of it was war and death. Nevermind the way women and homosexuals are treated by those who strictly abide by Sharia law.
‘Strict’ sharia law. Just like ‘strict’ Christianity.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne

Let’s take turns listing people in the media demonising innocent refugees who want to escape their extremist homeland to live a more peaceful life and practice religion moderately.

Want to play?

Stocks_go_Up

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 14, 2010
AFL Club
Geelong
‘Strict’ sharia law. Just like ‘strict’ Christianity.
You are a lost cause - I suggest you seek help. I feel dumber reading things you write.

From just this year and the last 30 days. Now show me the terrorist attacks performed in the name of Christianity for the last 30 days and 2019. Thanks

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

I'm not disputing he's a terrorist. The difference between him and the Islamic terrorists is sheer numbers and a global reach. For example the raids yesterday involved 3 people working together. Tarrant was alone.

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
WTF is it with the bigots in this thread not able to understand the varying levels of commitment and belief in Islamic religion? Apparently ALL Muslims are EXTREME and HIGH RISK individuals.

Can you name the people doing that ? Should be easy enough to provide quotes too.

WTF is with apologists who turn a blind eye to the vastly higher levels of violence and oppression in one particular religion ahead of all other big religions.

Easy enough to do isnt it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back