Training Jen's training updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that with a Saturday game they'd always be training Thursday, with a light run on Friday. But I thought today would've been a definite also.

Look forward to an update on Thursday if you can get there đź‘Ť
Sometimes they do have a light session before the main session, so I decided to go check.

I should be there thursday. Main sessions are the ones I feel are more important anyway.

Where do you guys find information on when Collingwood's weekly training sessions are held? Are the general public allowed to attend? Just moved to Melbourne, would love to see the Pies train! :)

Where do you guys find information on when Collingwood's weekly training sessions are held? Are the general public allowed to attend? Just moved to Melbourne, would love to see the Pies train! :)
Its open to anyone.

I'm never sure when their light session is, so that's a guess; BUT the main session is always 2 days before a game. So this week will be thursday! around 10am.

Quite a good crowd this morning. I assume school holidays for some or they have started already.

Everyone was on the training track apart from the usual suspects whom are injured - Wells, Beams, Langdon, Kelly. Dunn came out briefly.
Will Hoskin Eliott left the club just as the boys started training. I was told later on he had a funeral to attend. That makes sense, because otherwise I found it odd he wasn't training when we hadn't heard of any injury.

You can wipe Quaynor off for a debut. Did not participate in main training. Just did some running on the other side of the ground, then went inside halfway through training.
Tay Adams was ramping up his training. Did a lot more stuff than this time last week. Did running, drills, some little match sim stuff, running, cut running and picking the ball up off the ground.

No match sim for Roughead, Phillips and Maynard who went inside before then. I assume just managing their loads. I highly doubt that puts any cloud over them just because they didn't participate in the whole session. Varcoe too finished up early.

Tom Wilson ramping up his preparation and training. I assume he'll VFL debut soon. Someone at training asked him when he would be playing, but I couldn't quite overhear lol But I would think not too far down the track.

Wills trying to prove his fitness so he can play VFL week. Continued to do running even after everyone -- staff and trainers included; left the track and went inside. Even as I was leaving he was still out there.

I can't pick who will replace Howe. Bucks claims it won't be shaz. Unless they put Mayne in the backline and add Daicos in the mid-field.

Jen2310 another great report.

I think it just sounds a simple Daicos in with Howe injured and a juggle around.

B. Maynard Roughead Greenwood
HB. Crisp Moore Aish

rotating backs to be Mayne, Varcoe

(maybe even run Mihocek through there in a burst here or there)

Do they give medals at BigFooty for going to training on freezing winter mornings? They should. Thanks Jen.
Everyone gets medals these days :D

Jen is a trophy.

That's one way of kicking more accurately at goals Jordan o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like only one session this week. Main session on thursday. I guess more meetings to get their head into the game.

Main session the day before a game? Does that always happen on a 6 day turn around?

Would've thought main session Wednesday, followed by Bucks' press conference. Then a light run Thursday.

But you never know...!
That was my impression too, but I have seen physical messages from a player that states "thursday" and then says no training this week, but he may have meant main session thursday but nothing apart from that.

That was my impression too, but I have seen physical messages from a player that states "thursday" and then says no training this week, but he may have meant main session thursday but nothing apart from that.

I guess it's possible there is no "main session" this week. Just when you think you've got it figured out...

I guess it's possible there is no "main session" this week. Just when you think you've got it figured out...
Yeah, I'm confused. I will go thursday and see if there is anything going on. Going by the news, they had a light session this morning.

There is no public training this week. They are training off-site, and won't be publicized.

Might do them some good. Away from the public eye and reporters/media.
Hopefully they are training with the SAS.

There is no public training this week. They are training off-site, and won't be publicized.

Might do them some good. Away from the public eye and reporters/media.

Thanks for the update Jen........I like it by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back