Game Day Rnd 16: Derby 50 - West Coast vs Fremantle

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
By bounce down Saturday it'll have been 1539 days since we lost a derby or what is the equivalent of winning a flag for Freo. Back then, Furious 7 was the top grossing film and Wiz Khalifa's coinciding song "See You Again" was dominating the radio on your drive home.

"It's been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh I'll tell you all about it when I see you again
When I see you again"

A ninth straight derby win will equal our record of consecutive wins over a team who celebrated 25 years of existence by well I think I'll call in a premiership hero to sum what happened there up

So desperate are Freo for a derby win, there thinking about bringing back 36 year old Sandilands in for his first game of the year off no match practice. Lucky neither Sandi or Optus have any turf issues for either party to worry about.
Talking about irrelevant has-been footballers - Jonathan Brown everybody! He clearly wants to be the 2019 reincarnation of Robert Walls. If you ever needed proof of what damage concussion can take on a footballer's life - take a look at this doozy
“Don’t worry about West Coast being the defending premiers. I don’t even think they’re the best team in Western Australia.” I mean you can see where he was coming from 2 weeks ago. Freo weren't premiers and were lower than us on the ladder under ever successful mastermind Ross Lyon.
“They’ve had good away wins against GWS and Collingwood at the MCG." I wish we could beat those sides or were any good at the MCG :(
"They’re the best last-quarter team in the competition, they’ve got a world-class midfield, I think Jesse Hogan’s getting back into form." I wish we could perform in the last quarter against teams Like Carlton, had any good midfielders or had a key forward of Hogan's consistency. Sigh can't help some things.
“There’s a lot of positives and I think they’ve got the best draw to finish. Of their last 10 games, they play the eight bottom sides." With sure things like Freo beating out of form lowly sides even Jaidyn Stephenson would of been tempted to cop another 10 week suspension.

When Scientology shows more reasoning than Jonathan Brown

Guess I should actually talked about the game now? To be fair, we have had some indifferent form in 2019. I'll still take being third, very much poised for a top two finish and push for a serious tilt at going back to back. We are clearly the better team. With no ridiculous MRP suspensions this week, Gov coming back, possibly Barrass, another game into Nic Nat and Shep sending 100m torps we have this tied up already. I expect Melbourne level arrogance in this thread. I don't care that this is Fremantle's grand final, they just lost to a half hobbled Carlton and are bringing in underdone spuds - we will win this.

MRP justifying decisions against the Eagles
Prediction:
Eagles 5 Flags by end of the season
Freo 0 for eternity

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Freo, 0 for eternity. Gold. I’ve got eagles number plates, but have thought a few times you wouldnt even need west coast branded license plates, you could just get 4-0 and I reckon a massive portion of people would know what it stood for. Such arronagance.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Freo will be frothing to win after that last game choke.

If we have any chance for top 2 we must win this one.

Think Gov will go into beast mode after a week to rest up and being cranky about that MRP BS call. But we won without him and he's had another nice little break to freshen up, avoided a wet slog game and 6,000 km on a plane.

Really feel out flag last year had a lot to do with several key players being out for a while, it saved their bodies from 22 weeks of bash and crash and it also provided others with games and the team not relying on any one key player.

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s time to start building that percentage. No better place to start than a thumping of the dockers
Reminds me of the “this should be a nice percentage boost” comments early in the Freo-Carlton gameday thread.

I hope the players aren’t thinking of a percentage boost - this will be a tough game

Happy Mastenator

Chris Masten's Sock Puppet
Apr 16, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Reminds me of the “this should be a nice percentage boost” comments early in the Freo-Carlton gameday thread.

I hope the players aren’t thinking of a percentage boost - this will be a tough game
That's what everyone was thinking during last Derby Week. It didn't pan out that way.
We were asked for Melbourne level arrogance in this thread. Take your pessimistic takes elsewhere

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
Freo, 0 for eternity. Gold. I’ve got eagles number plates, but have thought a few times you wouldnt even need west coast branded license plates, you could just get 4-0 and I reckon a massive portion of people would know what it stood for. Such arrogance
I’m keeping my new BMW with number plate fivenil in the garage until spring.

Back