Multiplat Assassins Creed Odyssey

Finally finished the main story. 55 odd hours.

After a shakey start this game sucked me right in. Ancient Greece was a great location with all of the islands.

Still have like 15 cultists to kill? has anybody killed them all? how much extra time would it take? I am level 42.

Also did anybody do the rest of the Atlantis story arc? how long did it take?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
I didn't finish the story until I did everything else, but the base game took me 120 hours. With the 5 dlc episodes so far I'm up to 160.

I didn't finish the story until I did everything else, but the base game took me 120 hours. With the 5 dlc episodes so far I'm up to 160.
madness.

I am impressed that you haven't gotten burnt out tbh

Finally finished the main story. 55 odd hours.

After a shakey start this game sucked me right in. Ancient Greece was a great location with all of the islands.

Still have like 15 cultists to kill? has anybody killed them all? how much extra time would it take? I am level 42.

Also did anybody do the rest of the Atlantis story arc? how long did it take?

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I killed them all. The time depends on whether you rush in and try for a quick beat down or go stealthy. You can get lucky and find 1 or 2 wandering around with a couple of guards but most are surrounded by at least a few guards so I took my time with them. There is one that you have to kill during a battle and then at least 1 that is a naval battle IIRC.

I killed them all. The time depends on whether you rush in and try for a quick beat down or go stealthy. You can get lucky and find 1 or 2 wandering around with a couple of guards but most are surrounded by at least a few guards so I took my time with them. There is one that you have to kill during a battle and then at least 1 that is a naval battle IIRC.
I've killed 2 at sea battles

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I might get flamed, but I don't find this too far off the Witcher in terms of quality. Im loving it. The stories aren't quite as good, and the combat maybe isn't as diverse, but it's a great game.

Like AC Origins it gets snubbed because it's Assassin's Creed but the last two AC games are really different and a class of their own in the AC series. Odyssey was one of my favourite games of last year. Not sure I'd go as far as getting close to Witcher 3 (which is simply just a GOAT) but I can see what you mean. Probably a poor man's Witcher. No surprise though as after Witcher a lot of games openly said they were taking inspiration from it.

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Like AC Origins it gets snubbed because it's Assassin's Creed but the last two AC games are really different and a class of their own in the AC series. Odyssey was one of my favourite games of last year. Not sure I'd go as far as getting close to Witcher 3 (which is simply just a GOAT) but I can see what you mean. Probably a poor man's Witcher. No surprise though as after Witcher a lot of games openly said they were taking inspiration from it.
Yep you're right. It's been 4 years since I played the Witcher so Im probably underrating it. But ACO keeps making me want to play the next side mission and hunt for that perk and go to that new area like TW3 did.

Dancing Potato

Premiership Player
Jul 7, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm currently playing Witcher 3 for the first time and while it is hands down a better game the one thing I am sorely missing from Odyssey is the smoothness of the controls and combat.

Geralt and his horse sure love slow animations and getting stuck on stuff.

Combine the story, dialogue and characters of Witcher 3 with the graphics and controls of Odyssey and you pretty much have the ultimate game.

Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
The Witcher 3 stands alone, RDR2 is the closest that’s come to it IMO.

I really enjoyed AC Origins, and am currently enjoying Odyssey, but am I the only one kinda missing how AC use to be? And I’m talking about AC 2, brotherhood and Revelations where it peaked for me, those games were incredible.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I really enjoyed AC Origins, and am currently enjoying Odyssey, but am I the only one kinda missing how AC use to be? And I’m talking about AC 2, brotherhood and Revelations where it peaked for me, those games were incredible.

They were fantastic and the formula was copied to varying degrees right up until and including Syndicate and everyone complained of AC fatigue. Origins saved the series imo.

While the Ezio trilogy is my favourite part of the series, I much prefer the open world and RPG elements. I do wish we still had the ability to call assassin recruits though. Nothing like walking up to a group of enemies and just calling in an arrow storm.

While the Ezio trilogy is my favourite part of the series, I much prefer the open world and RPG elements. I do wish we still had the ability to call assassin recruits though. Nothing like walking up to a group of enemies and just calling in an arrow storm.

Can't you do that in Odyssey with a perk? Or am I confusing games?

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
I just fired this up. Played for 4-5 hours and thought I'd seen a fair chunk of game. The story at least.

Then they did the title screen intro as my ship sailed into the sunset,

Intro screen?
haha I had the same experience last night. Did lol.

Held off playing this as was jaded af with the franchise (didn't play the previous one either) but ******* hell, I'm loving it

Back