The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely this move is about saving fultzs 10mil to help afford the big 4 next year.
J. Simmons is on a 1 million dollar deal next year as an experienced wing player.

Surely this move is about saving fultzs 10mil to help afford the big 4 next year.
J. Simmons is on a 1 million dollar deal next year as an experienced wing player.
Don't mind J. Simmons off the bench - although the two Simmons thing is mildly annoying. ;) Will be useful backup minutes and hopefully he can get his shooting back on track.

I read he was in line for more like $5.7 million next year.

100% it was, as soon as we traded for Harris that sealed Fultz's fate at the 76er. We are planning on keeping both Butler and Harris next year so he was always going to go, sad to see him leave but hopefully he can get himself right at the Magic.

The addition pf Simmons and Ennis certainly makes Philly better defensively. Considering Zhaire Smith is also practicing the trio could actually be very handy at coming in and playing lock down roles while all are capable of finishing on the break.

Love Joel. Speaks his mind. He wasn't wrong either. Those refs sucked down the stretch in that game. Especially a travel call against Ben when he got fouled by Tatum and the Embiid one where he obviously got fouled.

Zhaire Smith sounds like he is close to returning. Considering he's a fantastic athlete I think he could be pretty important come play off time. Quality small guards have killed us in some loses this year. He wouldnt have to be a great shooter (he's a decent shooter). But his speed and size would be handy against Boston, Bucks and Toronto. Its likely that we will have to beat at least two of those squads come playoff time if we are to win the Eastern Conference.

Jimmy Buckets gone. Later mercenary.
JJ Reddick gone.

Al Horford joined.
We need to retain Harris and acquire a good SG to spread the floor.

Thoughts?

Harris has been retained. A ridiculous 180 million for 5 years contract. We sign Horford to a even more ridiculous contract. 109 mil for 4 yrs. Seriously? We still have no shooting. Actually we have less shooting after JJ left. Why not sign JJ for 12-13 mil then get another shooter for the same amount of money instead of giving Harford 100mil. Not to mention our bench still sucks. Elton imo has been horrible today.

We're better than we were last season imo, loveee the J Rich acquisition and I think things just fit better overall. This team is going to be a monster defensively. Might end up having end game issues, but we'll see how much Embiid/Simmons improve in the off season.
Feel like this iteration is going to be a lot more fun to root for, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sixers remaining the most fascinating team on the planet never ceases to amaze. That the team is a Kawhi-less Toronto from bring the favourites in the East, is hilarious given that they've stuffed up more than they've got right since Hinkie left.

Tobias was an overpay, but one they could afford to do. He's still only 26, and you'd expect him to go back to being a 40% shooter from three, once he gets a more defined role on offense. Years 3 or 4 of Horford might be a struggle, but the window is well and truly open from next season. Salivating at Matisse and Zhaire coming off the bench.

The aversion to guards is a problem though. Seth Curry would have been near on perfect. Shake is probably not going to be up to it. Mid-season trades looks likely. Would actually be interested in Vasilije Micic, but doubt they'll come to terms.

Harris has been retained. A ridiculous 180 million for 5 years contract. We sign Horford to a even more ridiculous contract. 109 mil for 4 yrs. Seriously? We still have no shooting. Actually we have less shooting after JJ left. Why not sign JJ for 12-13 mil then get another shooter for the same amount of money instead of giving Harford 100mil. Not to mention our bench still sucks. Elton imo has been horrible today.
Get a grip. Richardson was actually a great shooter last year as most of his shots at Miami were not open looks playing on a team without a playmaker like Ben or a big who requires constant double teaming like Embid. He'll get heaps more open looks at Philly and he's also a two way player with tremendous athleticism. Harford's a terrific shooter too hitting 43% of threes in 2017/2019 and 36% last year, while being a terrific passer as well. I can see him playing significant minutes with Embid on the floor as he's played the 4 for most of his career, while also moving to the centre position when Embid's on the bench.Makes sense to recruit a player that makes us better both on the boards and defensively, while at the same time giving us a highly competent player to play at the centre when Embid's on the bench as Philly's plus minus when Embid's rested in the last two years is huge. We are definitely way better defensively after the trade as Reddick's has always been a bit of a liability at that end of the floor. Butler was obviously good defensively, but overall bringing in both Richardson and Harford for Butler and Reddick will improve our defence next year. Richardson's a better defender than Butler in my view. Watch this clip below. He's one of the best defenders in the nba. He averages 0.7 blocks a game in his career and ive seen him also shut down star small guards as well. We got killed by talented point guards for most of last year.

When you also add to the defensive mix the defensive potential of both Matisse and Zhaire who are both tremendous defenders, its hard not to see how we could be ridiculously strong defensively next year.

Last edited:
Never seen someone get so much hate like Ben gets. It’s unbelievable.

Would be different if pledged to the states..

It's so crazy hope his 1st 3 is against Utah - Mitchell......lol

When he is in his 10th year they will still joke he is eligible for ROY

Its like the jokes on Maker - they are funny too

Would be different if pledged to the states..

It's so crazy hope his 1st 3 is against Utah - Mitchell......lol

When he is in his 10th year they will still joke he is eligible for ROY

Its like the jokes on Maker - they are funny too

Yeah I think it's because he isn't American just that's just my opinion.

The MVP of the league is Greek with Nigerian parents. The MIP is Cameroonian. The ROY is Slovenian. But, uhhh, 'why won't you like my Australian'. lmaooo this is some lameass s**t to get upset over.

Simmons' max being a no-brainer, and him being ridiculed because he's a point guard that has yet to make a single three in two full seasons, aren't mutually exclusive.

The MVP of the league is Greek with Nigerian parents. The MIP is Cameroonian. The ROY is Slovenian. But, uhhh, 'why won't you like my Australian'. lmaooo this is some lameass s**t to get upset over.

Simmons' max being a no-brainer, and him being ridiculed because he's a point guard that has yet to make a single three in two full seasons, aren't mutually exclusive.
I honestly think he just needs to start jacking them up early in the season a couple of times a game.

I honestly think he just needs to start jacking them up early in the season a couple of times a game.
I just don't think it will be long term feasible. I was still have hope that he will improve his finishing and FT shooting and we run sets where he can get going downhill towards the bucket. The honest truth is Ben will not ever become even close to a good enough shooter for teams to respect him (especially in the playoffs). It would be basically unprecedented at this point.

Paskal Siakim wasn't guarded at the 3 line and he has improved greatly in that area but teams are still happy to give him that in the playoffs.

Become a reliable FT shooter, better finisher, better help defender and maybe have an occasional elbow jumper. Also wouldn't mind him getting a little bit stronger so he can guard bigger guys like Giannis. He is a rarity in that he has the tools to be a 1-5 defender depending on what we need.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back