Opinion Favourite Current Carlton player - Poll

Who is your favourite current Carlton player?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised there ain't more love for the skipper
think we are so used to not having him around for big chunks of time, we look elsewhere to deliver plaudits - would love to see him play 20 games

There you have it, folks.

Crippa is the favourite CFC player on BigFooty.

1. Cripps (25.4%)
2. Simmo (17.7%)
3. SOSOS (11.5%)
4. Dochtor (10.8%)
5. Armfield (6.9%)

Total = 130 votes.

It was tough choosing just one, with a few surprises.

Didn’t want to start a new thread.
Poll is a little dated.
Barring Patrick Cripps, I’m finding it hard to put a finger on my favourite current player.
I love JSOS and Ed’s heart and determination.
I love the athleticism of Charlie and Harry.
I love the kamakazi from Jones.
I love the veterans and what they’ve stuck fat through.
But I can’t get past Daisy. After Cripper I just love his passion, his example, his determination, the little bit of mongrel. I’ve been a doubter but his celebrations over the last few weeks have lit something in my broken blue heart. So Daisy for me (after Cripps 😉)

Have to share the love.
Jack for all the obvious reasons.
Marchbank and Weitering because they will underpin our backilne for the next 10 years.
Harry is a big man plucking contested marks and i feel confident when he has ball in hand from any angle.
Paddy Dow has sooo much to develop and improve but when he delivers im out of the chair.
Williamson and O'Brien, love mongrel and talent.
McGovern will take mark of the year, realised the Cows are **** and wanted to be a part of a list destined to scale the heights.
and ditto above BD

Sammy Walsh. And I'd love Sammy Walsh even if he wasn't a jet. The number one draft pick in the year I met my partner whose kid's name is Sammy.

Harry McKay. Go back to my 2014/2015 posts and you'll see how early I was on the McKay train.

Lochie O'Brien and Paddy Dow. So harshly criticized by too many when these kids are held to a higher level of responsibility than the vast majority of their peers. They should be in and out of the senior team as they develop. Instead, they're expected to be within our top ten to fifteen players. They'll fail as often as they succeed but it's not for a lack of effort. Loving what they do.

Caleb Marchbank. He is the barometer of the CFC for mine. When Caleb is switched on and putting in the effort the entire team inevitably is (or follows) as well. Growing into his own. Would be viewed as a breakout star at a high end club.

Jacob Weitering. Really starting to come into his own.....

... but that's not all. I could literally name fewer players (than players on this list) if you asked me who I didn't like. I love the list that we're building. It feels good. For the first time since the mid-1990's I struggle to tell you who my absolute favorite player is. As a kid I could have won a dozen or so players numbers on my guernsey (played in SOS's number, wore 6 on my Carlton guernsey) and given you legitimate reasons why they were my favorite player. Getting that feeling about this list again.

Poll is a little dated.
Barring Patrick Cripps, I’m finding it hard to put a finger on my favourite current player.
But I can’t get past Daisy. After Cripper I just love his passion, his example, his determination, the little bit of mongrel. I’ve been a doubter but his celebrations over the last few weeks have lit something in my broken blue heart. So Daisy for me (after Cripps 😉)

Make a list of current players and I can delete the old poll and make a new one.

Not too sure.

Around 20?

Kade Simpson
Marc Murphy
Dale Thomas
Matthew Kreuzer
Ed Curnow
Liam Jones
Patrick Cripps
Jacob Weitering
Mitch McGovern
Charlie Curnow
Sam Petrevski-Seton
Jack Silvagni
Zac Fisher
Caleb Marchbank
Paddy Dow
Harry McKay
Lochie O'Brien
David Cuningham
Sam Walsh
Other - Please Share Below

There's 20. If there's room for more, put the names you think are glaring omissions :) list is in order of games played

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poll is a little dated.
Wait for the off-season ... 7 players you are most excited about thread !

I actually have 2 (if you will indulge me)

Maddy Prespakis and Will Setterfield.

Yes I do get attached to newbies very quickly, but I really enjoyed Maddy's outstanding debut season in the AFLW, she was born to wear Navy Blue, such a tough, battle hardened and courageous player whom played a big part in us getting to our first Grand Final. Very agog to see and our other players go again in the new AFLW season.

images

As for Will Setterfield, players who wear headbands for the Navy Blues tend to turn out rather well, and we got a beauty in Setters.
Understandably started a tad slowly at the start of the season coming back from a serious injury, but got better as the season went on, he should have won a rising star nomination for his wonderful performance against the Crows

images

Back