Review 2019 AFL National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s more of a rolling mock than my own personal rankings but yeah would hope North was happy with that outcome

What's the go with Pina? He impressed me today. Was that one out of the bag for him, or am I missing something? I know he's a little older than the other kids, but surely that's not what's excluding him from the top 40.

What's the go with Pina? He impressed me today. Was that one out of the bag for him, or am I missing something? I know he's a little older than the other kids, but surely that's not what's excluding him from the top 40.
He is a 19 year old who was eligible to be taken in the mid-season draft, personally can’t rank players who missed getting picked up in that draft in the top 40.

I do like him though and think he is a good late pick or rookie prospect.

2019 MVP winners

Caleb Serong - Vic Country MVP
Deven Robertson - WA MVP
Harry Schoenberg -SA MVP
Tom Green -Allies MVP
Fischer McAsey - Vic Metro MVP

i wouldnt touch schoenberg with a 10 foot pole. would disrupt the harmony of our playing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn’t him I was having a dig at. He actually looks like he has put a bit of effort in, it was the other draft guru, the one who writes for a Rag now.
Ah fair enough. Didn't pick up on it but yes, we know who you are referring to.

#16 Fischer McAsey
Sandringham Dragons/Vic Metro | Key Position Defender
11/04/2001 | 195cm | 86kg

Fischer McAsey is a key position defender who has played up the attacking end in previous years. He has found his place in the defence in 2019. and seems to be a settled player there not only doing well for Sandringham Dragons and at Caulfield Grammar, but stepping up for Vic Metro at the AFL Under 18 National Championships. He is considered one of the draft bolters this season, with not too many key position talls jumping up, McAsey is a player who is firmly putting his hand up as a top 10 prospect should his form continue, and he has plenty of traits to like. His intercept marking, athleticism and ball use by foot is very solid and does not have too many weaknesses across the board.
June Ranking: N/A
Last month: The draft bolter of the AFL Under 18 National Championships, McAsey earned the title of Vic Metro’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) for his work in defence. In his four games, McAsey has averaged 14.5 disposals, 6.5 marks, 3.3 rebounds and 3.3 tackles, not only nullifying his direct opponent, but creating offensive run out of defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back