Preview Rd 16 Changes/Preview v the Aints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turner had more ice on him post game then Bomber Thompson so wouldn't surprise he has a rest. Certainly wouldn't be form related, he has had a massive month. More touches, tackles and hitting the scoreboard.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
If we’re rotating more than one player at a time, even a win?
using more then 23 players for the season, keeping the whole list fresh for the pointy end?

I think it’s time to give Shaw the job now.

Shaw: We are looking to show our best again this week. We will play every opposition on their merits. I watched St Kilda against Richmond and they really took it up to them, and they’ll be a big challenge.

Shaw: There’s two sessions for Maj to get through, one today and one on Saturday. We are looking forward to him hopefully getting through them and out in the VFL on Sunday.

Shaw: I think the best teams play their way no matter what. That’s our mentality. We’ll keep the basics the same, but obviously we will tweak things for different teams and exploit them where we can.

I wonder if we could see 3-4 changes.

With the lvl of intensity we have been playing, its been on my mind how we will keep people fresh - some of the guys must pull up sore??

Turner did look like he was taking an ice bath on the side lines and I'm sure the young guys, maybe not Zurhaar who seems like an anvil, must be sore but I've never played footy let alone at that pace and style.

If its true about Hosie, it'll be interesting, hes looked great at times in the VFL. He finds space and leads very directly and easily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll go with

Out Turner (rest) Hayden (inj)
In Ahern Hosie
Seems the most logical choices to me, even though Turner has had a very good year by his standards. Then maybe TT next week, being a first year player and all that.

Don't put too much stock into being iced up at the end of the game; in the post-match room there were plenty of guys walking around with ice on their calves or hammies.

I'll go with

Out Turner (rest) Hayden (inj)
In Ahern Hosie

Would be very happy to see Ahern play again finally against a Saints midfield hellbent on Cunnington/Jed.

Hosie's earned a game, despite what stats might say his performance and form is impressive. His first games for the club were remarkable, just fit right in perfectly as a forward for us.

He's got the ability to cause some damage on the scoreboard in place of Turner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back