Who can/could kick a goal from 50 on the opposite foot?

Remove this Banner Ad

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
The very one.

One day in a game at Subi he kicked a goal from outside 50 on his right then shortly after on his left (or vice versa, it was a while ago). My only Damien Adkins memory of anything.
Might be the same memory for me. 2004 vs the Dogs. Gathered on his right side near the boundary, turned a Dogs player inside out and kicked a goal from 50.

Some I remember growing up were Joel Bowden and Leon Cameron were superb long kicks and kicked a number of long range goals. Greg Tivendale was a random one but om the run he could launch a few from 55+. As was Deledio earlier in his career.

For some reason Dusty doesn't take these shots on anymore but he was certainly capable of them earlier in his career. Jayden Short can launch them too but not sure about his opposite foot.

Short kicked the sealer against port in 2017 on his left from 60ish, was a monster...

Balta definitely can also, has made the distance easily on his left a few times but just missed

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Shuey's a very underrated kick on both feet. He's been kicking inside 50 goals at pace and on both sides for years. Just hasn't had the consistency with his body or the luxury of having another gun offensive midfielder like Yeo that he has now.

Yeo would be the other Eagle who's regularly capable, has an enormous boot and is adept on both sides.

Historically Aker was unreal, a pleasure to watch. As was Matera.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back