List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Luko showing signs or is he Marshall 2.0?
Luko probably marginally ahead on current output, but pretty hard to say given the different situations of the clubs and different positions they are currently playing.

The difference is that Luko has runs on the board as a junior at the top level, Marshall struggled at the pointy end in the stronger comp which is not a great sign.

I wouldn't be as upset as most if we traded out SPP.

Love what he brings but even after Robbie, Boak, Rocky, etc are finished - I'd be happy to put time into Drew, Atley, Butters, etc as our inside mids over him.

SPP's disposal and decision making is horrible (both on and off field).

I honestly think Lukosius a third tall and there would be limited value for us having both him and Marshall

I’d also rather let him tank his trade value a couple more years before we go for him. Would cost too much right now.
Is Gunston a third tall?

I can see your argument that paying extra just to develop him when we could let Gold Coast do it mightn’t be worth it, but I think you take these opportunities when you get them. I’d rather we overpay for Lukosius now than in 6 years.

I’m honestly not even sure what we can offer and am absolutely terrified that Adelaide will offer Carlton’s pick and get him.

Hopefully Lukosius refuses to go that s**tbag org.
just having a read and saw Nixon's tweet..I would have thought that the crows would be up to their eyeballs in trying to get Lukosius IF they still rated him as highly as they did last year. The only question from Adelaide is are they now just as keen to get say Anderson in the draft or are they maybe going to try and make a play for Brodie Grundy. What do you think port would have to give up to get Lukosius from GC?

just having a read and saw Nixon's tweet..I would have thought that the crows would be up to their eyeballs in trying to get Lukosius IF they still rated him as highly as they did last year. The only question from Adelaide is are they now just as keen to get say Anderson in the draft or are they maybe going to try and make a play for Brodie Grundy. What do you think port would have to give up to get Lukosius from GC?

SPP should do it looking at Suns midfield. Or Ollie. That said Port aren't doing that trade and neither are the Suns.
Lukosius may not like it there but i can see where he may feel hes obligated to 100 games on the board for them.

Brodie Grundy
I think Crows would be really stupid now to go after him given ROBs form.

I know he's the best and all, but at the maximum I'd be waiting for next year as opposed to trading a top pick.... The ONLY reason to trade this season is if you think the window only lasts another 12 months.....

Luko probably marginally ahead on current output, but pretty hard to say given the different situations of the clubs and different positions they are currently playing.

The difference is that Luko has runs on the board as a junior at the top level, Marshall struggled at the pointy end in the stronger comp which is not a great sign.
Does he have more AFL runs on the board?

I'd say not yet....

I think Crows would be really stupid now to go after him given ROBs form.

I know he's the best and all, but at the maximum I'd be waiting for next year as opposed to trading a top pick.... The ONLY reason to trade this season is if you think the window only lasts another 12 months.....
I totally agree with you..ROB is in good enough form that Ruck is not a pressing issue this year and at worst an extra year to wait if Grundy is desperate to come home - as it won't cost us the pick 2 or 3 we are likely to get this year

Marshall, SPP, Frampton all would have some trade value that I could see us parting with.

This isn't based on any inside knowledge or anything but I could very much see us trading Butters to a Vic club at a premium in order to land Luko. I think our draft hand last year was win-win in that if we ended up keeping all three, great - otherwise it gave us a little ammunition to trade one (most likely Butters) in order to grab Luko if/when he played the homesick card.
I would be exhausting all other avenues before considering any of the three 2018 boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so we r overloaded with inside mids. Surely trading 1 of Boak/Rocky/Wines/SPP/Atley/Drew is the go.

Anyways - I’d do Wines for Orazio, Francis and a 2nd

Boak could easily hit the wall next year. SPP too much potential to trade - will click

I would be exhausting all other avenues before considering any of the three 2018 boys.
didn't port turn down the pick swap offer with Carlton specifically to take Duursma? It would be hard to see your club parting with any of the 3 guys you took in the 1st round last year as all have been very very good this year. As a total hypothetical, knowing the carlton pick is likely to be a top 2 or 3 pick, would you have forgone Duursma and your 2020 1st rounder to get that pick from Carlton? Our club if Duursma had been available at our 3rd pick - we would not have done the pick swap and taken Duursma I am led to believe that highly he was rated

How on Earth would we even get a Lukosius deal done? Our first pick probably isn’t enough. Our first and SPP who’s been thrown up a bit in trade talks is probably overs.

Would be a very tricky deal, Gold Coast played hard ball with a very injury prone Dixon. Imagine a highly rated KPF who’s played all his first season at AFL level.

If Gold Coast wanted to let him go we have the picks to make it happen as long as he don’t trade them away. I suspect he might have to wait until he is out of contract though unless gcs want to move him now because they’re worried he will lose trade value.

I can’t see a trade being done as Gold Coast need to show they can retain players. But if a trade did go through, GCS would be pointing to the Tom Boyd trade - so a top pick and a first 22 player. Something like Port’s first and a SPP or someone similar. Port may offer this year and next’s first rounders.

I see Luko projecting to be that Gunston or Lynch style third tall link man/sharpshooter. It’s exactly what Port needs.

Whether his best mate Rozee plays a role in his decision 🤷‍♂️.

Grundy wise - I just don’t see it happening. Collingwood would start with pick 2, so no Rowell or Anderson for the Crows and that’s the exact player you need. And, this is not a criticism of the crows, but why would Grundy leave? On good money, gets a high profile, plays for a big Vic club, club will be in contention for next 2-3 years, Melbourne is a good city, no young family to bring home like Gibbs, not a die hard Port or Crows fan and I don’t believe playing with his bro his a driver either.

They are both similar player types. Neither will be that gorilla main man forward, rather a 2nd/3rd tall that can drift up the field.

I would say they are quite different or at least project to be.

Luko more the third tall link man/sharp shooter - Gunston or Lynch (Crows). Ie just what we need!

Marshall is still young and raw but can take a contested mark and is excellent when the ball hits the deck or applying pressure. I would see him almost as the tall forward that people see when they think of Westhoff, not the reality of Westhoff. He could play the lead up role but has a lot to learn.

They could both play in the same side and would both compliment Dixon well.

Are you people serious? If we’ve got a chance at Lukosius, we go out and get Lukosius.

This is his current ceiling:

18 disposals, 9 contested possessions, 7 marks, 2 contested marks, 6 tackles, 1 goal, 2 goal assists.

He’s actually recorded these stats in games in his first season. Not the same game, obviously, but it shows you what the potential is for the future.

If Gold Coast want a best 22 player, they can have Sam Gray.

Luko more the third tall link man/sharp shooter - Gunston or Lynch (Crows). Ie just what we need!

Marshall is still young and raw but can take a contested mark and is excellent when the ball hits the deck or applying pressure. I would see him almost as the tall forward that people see when they think of Westhoff, not the reality of Westhoff. He could play the lead up role but has a lot to learn.

You must be thinking of Rowan Marshall... my biggest knock on Todd is how weak he is in the contest

I was meaning Luko playing the homesick card, and us trading Butters as trade currency.

I really rate Butters, but I'd be prepared to pay a pretty high price to get Luko. Similar with SPP - I like what he can (potentially) bring to the side long term, but his type of player is replaceable.

Grabbing a KPP with Luko's skill set that wants to return to SA - and preferably Port - is going to be far less likely to occur and as such must be the priority.
Butters? Noooooooooooo

Are you referring to the Marshall that plays for Port??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back