Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If that happens, many people will dump the membership, myself included. I don't get to many games during the year but I keep my AFL Gold membership for the finals access. Having said that, there'd no doubt be people lining up to fill the dumped positions.
No doubt.

It's a shame what AFL members has turned into. A ******* bogan cesspool

Yeah how dare people sign up to what is an extraordinarily good deal.

If you’re so worried about the “bogan cesspool” then I’m sure you’re actively encouraging the AFL to increase the price of the memberships to restrict access and price out that demographic.

Last edited:
Yeah how dare people sign up to what is an extraordinarily good deal.

If you’re so worried about the “bogsn cesspool” then I’m sure you’re actively encouraging the AFL to increase the price of the memberships to restrict access and price out that demographic.
I hope not.
There is already a really expensive version and the current costs for Gold are expensive enough

What has changed? I'm relatively new (8 years).
Shakey got a pay rise and moved suburbs, turned into a real snob, changed from Winnys to dunhills and everything

Shakey got a pay rise and moved suburbs, turned into a real snob, changed from Winnys to dunhills and everything
I haven't punched durries for a while but I remember winnys were right up there in price with dunhills. Longbeach to Stuyvesents would have been a huge upgrade

I haven't punched durries for a while but I remember winnys were right up there in price with dunhills. Longbeach to Stuyvesents would have been a huge upgrade
Forgot about Longbeach, used to have a bloke come into the servo for his 50pack, cost less than a 20 of stuyvies

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Won't be long now where lots of AFL members will be missing out for finals tickets. The corporate creep will totally devour the capacity soon

A woman I work with said her friend that works at an AFL Store gets access to any game in the AFL members section. When I asked a few more questions it sounded as though they get a full membership.

Part of the AFL employees allocation I assume.

Does anyone how the finals tickets allocation works for hose who take out "competition memberships" rather than allocating a team of support? Do they get access to GF tickets after the club support members or at the same time? I assume it's after but with the AFL you never know.

Forgot about Longbeach, used to have a bloke come into the servo for his 50pack, cost less than a 20 of stuyvies
Stuyvie softpacks, the smoke of choice for the local pill pusher. Ah the good old days :cool:

Sep 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A woman I work with said her friend that works at an AFL Store gets access to any game in the AFL members section. When I asked a few more questions it sounded as though they get a full membership.

Does anyone how the finals tickets allocation works for hose who take out "competition memberships" rather than allocating a team of support? Do they get access to GF tickets after the club support members or at the same time? I assume it's after but with the AFL you never know.
My understanding is AFL staff get some access to the AFL Reserve but not a membership. Not sure if they have to pay or not for h&a.
I know they have to pay for a GF ticket and in the 2017 GF doco it said 550 AFL staff got one.

Competition members get access to GF tickets at the same time as non competing club support members.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I know many businesses who are flogging tickets off to anyone. That's why you get them buying for bogan mates who come in and act like it's the outer.

It used to be dead. Last week, the whole place was full on a wet day for an Eagles game. More Eagles fans in AFL members than other fans. THEY HAVE ******* 300 AFL MEMBERS FFS

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I know many businesses who are flogging tickets off to anyone. That's why you get them buying for bogan mates who come in and act like it's the outer.

It used to be dead. Last week, the whole place was full on a wet day for an Eagles game. More Eagles fans in AFL members than other fans. THEY HAVE ******* 300 AFL MEMBERS FFS
Probably borrowed a membership from a mate. It's easy as to get in on someone else's ticket and free entry for prime seating. A couple of weeks ago at the Queen's Bday game my sister got asked for her membership (she had a reserved seat paper ticket). First time anyone I know has been checked. She just showed her membership and she was through, didn't even check the name or anything.

That was for a game with a packed reserve, I can imagine the checking for a game with 20k there would be much more lax.

Some interstate clubs have Vic based memberships which get them into the AFL Reserve.

Even some Victorian Clubs have some high-level 'Away' members that can get seats in the AFL Reserve. Richmond's 3121 memberships for example a Reserved Seats on Level 2 for Home games and then the ability to book AFL Reserve seats for away games.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Some interstate clubs have Vic based memberships which get them into the AFL Reserve.
Great. Another ******* group minimising our seating. All of the undercover area was full on L1.

Ridic
Even some Victorian Clubs have some high-level 'Away' members that can get seats in the AFL Reserve. Richmond's 3121 memberships for example a Reserved Seats on Level 2 for Home games and then the ability to book AFL Reserve seats for away games.

Yeah that is BS. Maybe let them scan in on the day and sit on level 4 but they shouldn't be able to reserve seats and not on level 1-3 especially not level 1 undercover

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah that is BS. Maybe let them scan in on the day and sit on level 4 but they shouldn't be able to reserve seats and not on level 1-3 especially not level 1 undercover
I have conceded that i won't go to a grand final again as a neutral, and that i must only sit on L4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back