List Mgmt. Orazio Fantasia not requesting a trade, time to move on

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of what your point is you said the following and I was responding to it.

It's all related.

When you've got an opportunity to sponsor the lovely boys who never make mistakes or a club where a mistake was made, it doesn't matter if the club dealt swiftly with it. Sponsors wouldn't look favourably on being associated with that kind of thing unless the performances of the club and player were of a high standard.

If you play well, everything is forgiven.

It's all related.

When you've got an opportunity to sponsor the lovely boys who never make mistakes or a club where a mistake was made, it doesn't matter if the club dealt swiftly with it. Sponsors wouldn't look favourably on being associated with that kind of thing unless the performances of the club and player were of a high standard.

If you play well, everything is forgiven.
..the lovely boys make mistakes but those mistakes remain well hidden, such is the media and Old Boy’s Club in this State.

Correct. You are bad but we don't have enough to fire you.....yet. Here is a series of KPI's we all agree to and failure to meet a number of these will give us grounds.

Edit: how that applies to footballers I have no idea as you can trade them... but POrts.

It can apply to footballers through social media restrictions and other off-field behaviours (such as turning up to training on time etc).

Last edited:
It can apply to footballers through social media restrictions and other off-field behaviours (such as turning up to training in time etc).
Sounds like a great get

The 3AW team before the Swans Dons game spoke about the Fantasia rumour and agreed that no journo would just have made up the story. Especially on AFL website.

They had no doubt it had legs and was most likely at a minimum verified by at least two reliable sources.

They said Mitch McGovern wasnt going to Carlton either. And rolled out a few older breaking stories that were breathlessly denied then happened.

I wonder if Orazio got home last night, watched the highlights and thought "How good would it be to play alongside Connor Rozee under Charlie Dixon's and Dougal Howard's feet?"

Nah, pass..
We have Butters, we have Rozee, we have no need to give up much for this semi ok at times player. If he wants to come to ports, our terms. If Essendon want a bloody first rounder for him, let the crows give them Carltons pick 2..😎

The 3AW team before the Swans Dons game spoke about the Fantasia rumour and agreed that no journo would just have made up the story. Especially on AFL website.

They had no doubt it had legs and was most likely at a minimum verified by at least two reliable sources.

They said Mitch McGovern wasnt going to Carlton either. And rolled out a few older breaking stories that were breathlessly denied then happened.
Heard that conversation but still reckon Mark McGowan was speaking crap with respect to deliberately making it sound like at end of 2019 when he meant he will probably go home after free agency kicks in.

McGowan in his interviews made it clear he didn't mean at end of the season. Sam McLure was insistent from day 1 he reported the McGovern story that it would be at the end of the season. That is the big difference in these 2 stories.

Heard that conversation but still reckon Mark McGowan was speaking crap with respect to deliberately making it sound like at end of 2019 when he meant he will probably go home after free agency kicks in.

McGowan in his interviews made it clear he didn't mean at end of the season. Sam McLure was insistent from day 1 he reported the McGovern story that it would be at the end of the season. That is the big difference in these 2 stories.

I reckon it's both.

Fantasia will be a restricted free agent at the end of 2021. That's only two seasons away. So it's either try to do a deal now, next season or let him walk to Port Adelaide for nothing but a compensatory pick that would probably be an end of first round pick at best. Plus I reckon Essendon are hard up against the salary cap - remember, they banked the savings for 2016 like we did, but they've gone out and got Smith, Saad, Stringer and Shiel in the 2017 and 2018 trade periods. They honestly thought they would be in contention for a flag this year.

Then they've got Heppell, Daniher, McGrath and Saad up for contract renewal next year, and Smith, Stringer, Merrett (also RFA) and Zaharakis when Fantasia is a free agent.

Like Adelaide, I reckon they overrated their list thinking that they were close to a premiership but they zigged when they should have zagged.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was speaking with an Bombers supporter on Friday night and said to him that usually these stories have some truth in them. I believe that it is definitely on. Whether it ends up actually happening is another matter.

If we can do it for a second it’s a good pick up. Especially as that pick will be absorbed by bidding on Mead.
There is no chance Essendon will let him go for a second. And we aren't exactly screaming out for smaller crumbing forwards. If we didn't have a combo of rozee Butters woodcock Cox all in their first year and showing good signs, plus Robbie s gray and Motlop who will all be on the list for the next couple of years. We wouldn't be even selecting a small forward at all in the draft. So there's no real point of going for this bloke at all.
The other mob will be desperate with Betts on the way out and not a lot else. It would be absolutely hilarious, and true to form, if they managed a way to give up their first round pick (Carltons) for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back