2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Asked and answered
Plus he's 21. Time is on his side.
Completely different. Lyons has shown he can play at AFL level both at Adelaide and Gold Coast, Brodie is looking more like a bust than a 200+ gamer (which is what he should be being drafted that high).

Completely different. Lyons has shown he can play at AFL level both at Adelaide and Gold Coast, Brodie is looking more like a bust than a 200+ gamer (which is what he should be being drafted that high).

He's at a club that can't develop footballers. Wouldn't need to offer too much to get him. Worth the risk in my opinion.

If we are looking at bringing in a ready made ruckman as a replacement for Stef, I would be looking at someone like Ceglar of Hawthorn. I think he is better than where the Hawks rate him personally and with the change of rules, he is now a free agent so wouldn't have to trade for him.

Crossley from GC would be good. He's going to be stuck behind Witt's for a long time

Am I right in saying our Academy guys didnt perform well at the championships? or is it shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Am I right in saying our Academy guys didnt perform well at the championships? or is it shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Could read my post in the draft thread.

Quigley believes Keiden Coleman is a first round talent, and if I’m reading his post in the draft forum correctly, so do opposition recruiters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the rumours of Bradley Hill leaving Perth look like being true...although will only be to a Melbourne based club based on this a short time ago:
VICTORIAN clubs have contacted Bradley Hill's management about the Docker's playing future since his comments on Perth radio last week about his homesick girlfriend.

Hill also referred to the reports linking him to the Hawks as "rumours", but admitted his Melbourne-raised girlfriend was missing home. "My missus is from Melbourne and we haven't really had that chat," Hill told 6PR radio about a potential return to Victoria. "Obviously, she gets homesick every now and then, but she does spend a fair bit of time back home in Melbourne. "She hasn't come up to me and said, 'We need to go home', but obviously she gets homesick every now and then."

It is believed St Kilda, Geelong and Melbourne are among the clubs in the market for more speed and are keeping a close eye on Hill's situation.

Geelong; really? Potentially could work if Kelly leaves.

So the rumours of Bradley Hill leaving Perth look like being true...although will only be to a Melbourne based club based on this a short time ago:

Geelong; really? Potentially could work if Kelly leaves.

Wish his girlfriend was from Queensland.

I would have thought to have 3 Academy boys play all 4 games would be pleasuring for the Lions. Griffiths (1st game) & Cumberland (4th game) were named in the best players with Griffiths in the top 5 possession winners for the Allies for the series from a back pocket. Cumberland showed patches of what he is capable of in games 3 & 4 with 2 goals and 18 touches in the last game. He was named HBF at the start of the game so not sure if that happed or not but clearly was forward from the 2nd qtr onwards. Martin looked to play more in a wing rotation then his normal on ball due to the heavy stocks of on ballers in the Allies with Tom Green the dominant go to player. Numbers wise he was probably down on his Academy series but the step up in pressure and different role looked tough to for him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I guess if you were getting him for nothing and working with our rehab group I'd be half thinking of doing it.

Right out of the culture he's been in . Obviously a big risk and we'd have to do our due diligence but it's hard developing guys as good as he is when he's on
lA

If we were to be considering him I'm sure we would be getting Lachies input as a past team mate

The big issue for me with Bennell is that bringing him back to Qld brings him right back to the culture he was in previously, when he was first reported as having drug issues and was given away for basically nothing. If we bring him here expecting him to be out of his dodgy circles, we have to remember he was already hanging around in dodgy circles here.

Bennell is exactly the player we need TBH. However, his condition looks to be completely degenerative, there is no answer to the calf. If he was a model citizen you MIGHT take the risk on having a go at his rehab for 2 years but given he is incredibly volatile outside of football, it is just not worth the risk. Pass.

Bennell is exactly the player we need TBH. However, his condition looks to be completely degenerative, there is no answer to the calf. If he was a model citizen you MIGHT take the risk on having a go at his rehab for 2 years but given he is incredibly volatile outside of football, it is just not worth the risk. Pass.

Agreed not worth destabilizing the culture we've worked hard to build. Big fat no. Wouldn't mind though Lachie having a chat with his pal Cerra..

If we are looking at bringing in a ready made ruckman as a replacement for Stef, I would be looking at someone like Ceglar of Hawthorn. I think he is better than where the Hawks rate him personally and with the change of rules, he is now a free agent so wouldn't have to trade for him.

Ceglar can nail contested marks in forward line too, good call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back