List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we start releasing KPFs, can we try bringing people into the club who are capable of developing them?
If we have to run this thread on the basis of Ken still being here it’ll get so much uglier

If we have to run this thread on the basis of Ken still being here it’ll get so much uglier
I'm hoping Ken (and Bass) are no longer a chain around the club's neck next year. If they stay for a few more years then yes, Marshall's career is f**ked. Same goes for Luko though if he comes here to develop under those two.

I'm hoping Ken (and Bass) are no longer a chain around the club's neck next year. If they stay for a few more years then yes, Marshall's career is f**ked. Same goes for Luko though if he comes here to develop under those two.

Im prepared to see what Bass can add at a Hinkley free Port Adelaide.

[/QUOTE]
Didn't see his Norwood sides play?
[/QUOTE]
No to be honest, not really. Got results thought.

Don't want him as senior coach, but think he may have value with the right senior coach, which we all know isn't Hinkley.

What would that cost us in terms of draft picks.
He played well last week against the swans as a defender.

It would cost a lot.

It would cost a lot.

2f8953f79a714b06ef9ff7a668b7be85.jpg

"Doumer, Doumer, Doumer. Why didn't you hire this person? I don't know what his price would have been, but it would have been WORTH it."

So many people were pissed at how much we traded to get Rozee but it looks to have paid off already. Trading for his best friend Lukosius, who was touted as a generational prospect, is going to set up our forward line for the next decade. Pay whatever it costs.

On the Essendon front I think we should string them along until the deadline then give them the finger and say we werent going to trade with them anyway. The campaigners deserve to be put in their place with the way they handle trades every year.

Same, let's not get sucked in and overpay for high draft pick forwards like the Bulldogs did with Boyd and Schache
There's a difference between those guys and Luko.

Boyd and Schache were great in the U/18s competition, where there is anti-congestion rules that helped them out and they were playing against other 16/17 year olds. Luko played a lot in the SANFL, against men not other kids. And without those helpful rules that keep extra defenders away.

Marshall is almost, not quite, at that point where his output needs to start meeting his potential. I think next year is the year for him. If he doesn’t cement himself firmly in our 22 by this time next year there’s going to be some serious pressure on the kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marshall is almost, not quite, at that point where his output needs to start meeting his potential. I think next year is the year for him. If he doesn’t cement himself firmly in our 22 by this time next year there’s going to be some serious pressure on the kid.
Probably need to see at least a 20-30 goal season at least barring any injuries or personal problems.

Probably need to see at least a 20-30 goal season at least barring any injuries or personal problems.

That seems like a totally reasonable expectation but how many 2nd kpfs are actually regularly kicking more than 30 a season?

Darling finlayson and (gws) himmelberg are the only guys who really fit the criteria of 2nd or 3rd kpf that will kick 30 goals this season. In past seasons I’m willing to bet the list is short if you stick to the criteria of a ‘kpf’

And the trend there are they are top of the ladder teams playing tall forward structures not using smalls like r gray s gray and Ebert as main forward targets or 2nd rucks as main targets either.

That seems like a totally reasonable expectation but how many 2nd kpfs are actually regularly kicking more than 30 a season?

Darling finlayson and (gws) himmelberg are the only guys who really fit the criteria of 2nd or 3rd kpf that will kick 30 goals this season. In past seasons I’m willing to bet the list is short if you stick to the criteria of a ‘kpf’

And the trend there are they are top of the ladder teams playing tall forward structures not using smalls like r gray s gray and Ebert as main forward targets or 2nd rucks as main targets either.
More realistically I would like him to play 15 plus games averaging at least a goal a game.

Serious question. How can he cement himself when even if he is picked, he's the first dropped whenever a shiny new small defender becomes available?

We pay lip service to "form in the twos" but that's highly selective.

I’m intrigued that the board has lamented our lack of KPFs and their development and are suddenly wanting to cut some when we have a ‘surplus’.

Ryder and Westhoff should move on. Plenty of room for all of Dixon, Ladhams, Hayes, Frampton, Howard, Marshall and Luko.
What do you think the likes of Koch, Vanstone and Random would actually know about footy ?

I’m intrigued that the board has lamented our lack of KPFs and their development and are suddenly wanting to cut some when we have a ‘surplus’.

Ryder and Westhoff should move on. Plenty of room for all of Dixon, Ladhams, Hayes, Frampton, Howard, Marshall and Luko.
You forgot Lycett.

If we’re going to play 3 tall forwards AND two ruckmen in the AFL (and put Howard back in defence) it could work. Even then two of Hayes, Marshall and Frampton are at the Magpies. Fair to say thats a relatively uncommon AFL setup too, so there’s probably even more AFL-ready talent stuck in SANFL.

Looks pretty surplussy to me, and frankly Marshall looks like one playing SANFL so why not keep our young mids and send Marshall onwards if it gets us Lukosius.

We don’t need an extra third tall forward loping around Alberton when Lukosius would cost a shitload anyway.

What do you think the likes of Koch, Vanstone and Random would actually know about footy ?

I meant the big footy board.

You forgot Lycett.

If we’re going to play 3 tall forwards AND two ruckmen in the AFL (and put Howard back in defence) it could work. Even then two of Hayes, Marshall and Frampton are at the Magpies. Fair to say thats a relatively uncommon AFL setup too, so there’s probably even more AFL-ready talent stuck in SANFL.

Looks pretty surplussy to me, and frankly Marshall looks like one playing SANFL so why not keep our young mids and send Marshall onwards if it gets us Lukosius.

We don’t need an extra third tall forward loping around Alberton when Lukosius would cost a s**tload anyway.

That’s fair. I’m with you on Luko over Marshall. Just wouldn’t be losing him if it could be helped.

Serious question. How can he cement himself when even if he is picked, he's the first dropped whenever a shiny new small defender becomes available?

When he’s averaging <10 disposal games and not even a goal a game he’s hardly deserving of his spot in the senior side. I’m ok with putting games into a young KPF but he’s looked out of his depth this year.

He can "cement" himself in the starting 22 by playing top grade football with the Maggies, forcing selectors to pick him, and then backing up that form in the Power. Port are playing for finals, and cant afford to play developing players that dont earn their spot. He has so much growth & potential as a tall forward, he is far better off being allowed to develop his game out of the glaring AFL spotlight!

He will be fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back