Entertainment & Music The Simpsons Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Very quickly discovered that it's not a kid's cartoon, it's an animated sitcom.
That changes across seasons 10 - 11 to become just a kids show. The show, even often the same scene / joke being aimed at both adults and kids in different ways disappears. It'll be interesting to get your view point as someone starting from scratch as an adult when you reach around this point. Kids today, many still like the new episodes, but outside those liking the crudest slapstick style humour not so many that grew up on it. And I doubt those kids will still reference stuff from seasons 12 onwards 20 years later regularly, as many 'old school' Simpsons fans still do for the golden years of Seasons 1-10.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
That changes across seasons 10 - 11 to become just a kids show. The show, even often the same scene / joke being aimed at both adults and kids in different ways disappears. It'll be interesting to get your view point as someone starting from scratch as an adult when you reach around this point. Kids today, many still like the new episodes, but outside those liking the crudest slapstick style humour not so many that grew up on it. And I doubt those kids will still reference stuff from seasons 12 onwards 20 years later regularly, as many 'old school' Simpsons fans still do for the golden years of Seasons 1-10.

Nearly finished Season 2. Lisa's Substitute was amazing.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
I'm jealous that you get to watch Season 5 for the first time.

If you're watching on DVD, Season 5 Disc 3 is the :goat: disc for me

Haha no way was I paying for the entire run. Had to pirate everything.

Just finished Season 2 last night with Blood Feud. Mr Burns is an insanely important part of the first 2 seasons, he's easily the biggest character outside of the immediate family. Does this carry through for the whole show?

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Just finished Season 2 last night with Blood Feud. Mr Burns is an insanely important part of the first 2 seasons, he's easily the biggest character outside of the immediate family. Does this carry through for the whole show?
You've honestly NEVER watched The Simpsons???

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
You've honestly NEVER watched The Simpsons???

I've watched bits and pieces of it. We had a couple of random discs growing up. But I've never sat down and watched it on a weekday night as a kid and I've never caught up from the start.

Jul 3, 2011
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers

Outside of the family members he has more lines than any other character on the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this confirmed?

This link has some pretty interesting information:

https://toddwschneider.com/posts/the-simpsons-by-the-data/

TL;DR:

characters

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Up to Season 3 now, the Michael Jackson episode was awesome.

Does S3E17 Homer At The Bat have any competition for greatest episode of all time? There are dozens of unbelievable and timeless episodes across the first ten or so seasons but I always thought that ep stood in a league of its own. Keen to hear some others' input.

Last Exit to Springfield, Lisa's Substitute and Marge vs the Monorail have to come close.

From a personal perspective, I really liked HATB (especially Talking Softball, 'Darrrrrrrryll!, Darrrrrrrryll!' and Homer scratching himself) but it would have been better if I knew who the players were before the episode

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
S03E03 (When Flanders Failed) is possibly my favourite so far bar Lisa's Substitute. The genuine anguish I feel for Ned contrasted with by far the funniest scene I've encountered thus far:

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Does S3E17 Homer At The Bat have any competition for greatest episode of all time? There are dozens of unbelievable and timeless episodes across the first ten or so seasons but I always thought that ep stood in a league of its own. Keen to hear some others' input.
Last Exit To Springfield. City of New York vs Homer Simpson.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
21 short stories about Springfield and Mr Plow are two highly rated eps. Personally I would also have Missionary: Impossible in my top 10 eps as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back