Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

So the plan would be to be one man for the first half in a final?
He goes unnamed on the team sheet and as we grab the lead in the third quarter he hops the fence from amidst the cheer squad fully kitted and takes his position on the field. We cop the fine but it's worth it for the the level of epicness that would attain.

A minor setback isn't the end of the world. The sensible decision was to rule him out for the year anyway, it was only a dream some people thought he'd get back for 2019.

Realistically you can't carry those guys into knockout finals, way too risky for the team.

Geez, there's a lot of alarmists jumping to conclusions here.

Maybe there's no set back, maybe he didn't reinjure it and he just had a personal commitment to attend to? You know people have friends and family which can take precedence.

If the best full back in the game had a set back / reinjured himself, it would be leaked by now.

Cool your jets lads.

can't they take him off the long term injury list if he comes good, this the only way we could upgrade the eggman,

It’s got me stuffed why there are so many acl injuries in footy compared to other sports and the other thing, if you consider the amount of players and percentage of acl’s
Your more than likely to do a knee more than once in your sporting life compared to the percentage who don’t do one at all.
Makes me wonder if it’s the amount of straight line drills as a junior compared to BBall ,Hockey and Soccer
You can also see it in the womens footy the amount there’s been last few years
For the last point, I’ve read somewhere that women are more susceptible to ACL injuries in general due to their wider hips which put the knees under more stress.

In the one day he
- hasn't trained
- pulled out of tfb
- on LTI for Egg (who has then played).

Smoke=fire, but I reckon he's genuinely cracked the shits with the club because Balme would have ruled him out, planning to get Egg in and finally crossing Alex out. If it's a set-back it wouldn't make sense that they'd parachute Eggy in, especially for an interstate game.

Don't think its a coincidence that minimum time on LTI is 8 weeks, and that's exactly when finals start.
Strategic well thought out Tiger planning, I say.
Keep Calm & Carry On.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on.

Haere Ra
giphy.gif

The surgeons explained to me that we don't have the data because you could never get ethics clearance. The only way you could check the tensile strength of the graft would be to apply pressure to various patients to the point of breaking it at various points of the recovery, which no clearance committee would grant. A scan won't show the kind of stuff needed to assess its strength.

So they use reinjury rates at various points and their knowledge of tendon pathology to guesstimate when it's weak and when it starts to lay down its own collagen and strengthen. That's the only kind of data set and theory they have, so they can't get exacts, but tendon pathology indicates that it's yet to lay down its own collagen at this stage.

Far from an exact science so it's more just conservative guesstimation. How Alex feels though, and how his muscle recovery and move is feeling, has very little to do with the actual strength of the graft itself, which is the important thing.
Thank you for all of your input as it’s almost impossible to know what these types of injuries are all about unless you’ve tragically suffered one.
You’re welcome back in here anytime as you’ve proven yourself to be knowledgeable and respectful. 👍

Two things I want to know:
-WTF why??? Why put on the LTI list now? It doesn't make sense at all. It's not like we were desperate to get a player in this position. I'm not saying Rance had a setback but there has to be more to it.
-When will Tom Browne be running with this story? Hi Tom

Two things I want to know:
-WTF why??? Why put on the LTI list now? It doesn't make sense at all. It's not like we were desperate to get a player in this position. I'm not saying Rance had a setback but there has to be more to it.
-When will Tom Browne be running with this story? Hi Tom
if he can play 2-3 vfl games before our first final then it makes sense

he will be like a new recruit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back