2017 Trade and FA thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't mind the list strategy personally. Especially with the position they are in. I'm going early and saying Essendon/Port Grand Final next year.

B: T. Jonas, T. Clurey, D. Byrne-Jones
HB: J. Pittard, D. Howard, H. Hartlett
C: T. Boak, B. Ebert, J. Polec
HF: C. Wingard, J. Watts, S. Motlop
F: R. Gray, C. Dixon, J. Westhoff
R: P. Ryder, O. Wines, T. Rockliff
Int: S. Powell-Pepper,(Insert 3)

Jack Trengove, Lindsay Thomas, Trent McKenzie, Jack Hombsch, Matthew Broadbent, Riley Bonner, Sam Gray, Karl Amon, Jake Neade, Aidyn Johnson, Joe Atley and Todd Marshall.

Some decent depth imo. If they stay injury free, they will be dangerous.
Front 2/3rds look very, very good. Key backs aren't top 8 worthy though IMO. Definitely a running team that lack an inside edge and that style of game almost always falls short during finals.

And the zoning changes that pretty much took Riewoldt and gifted him to the Saints.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Given that rule only changed because of Riewoldt I'm leaving that one out. Not really our bad timing, would have happened whatever year he came in

Given that rule only changed because of Riewoldt I'm leaving that one out. Not really our bad timing, would have happened whatever year he came in

So that one happened just because we existed and he existed ... would that make it some kind of reflection of a Platonic ideal?

obviously someone is not fully awake yet :(

You mean as we were winning too much so there was no way the AFL was letting him come here....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We hadn't even really won anything at that stage. A prelim in 1999 and 6th and hammered in the second semi in 2000. Hardly presented as a beginning of a golden era when there Riewoldt decision was being made.

We hadn't even really won anything at that stage. A prelim in 1999 and 6th and hammered in the second semi in 2000. Hardly presented as a beginning of a golden era when there Riewoldt decision was being made.

So what was the official line as to why they so conveniently moved the line at the time?

My take on the Riewoldt thing is that M Blight was working for QLD AFL in Nicks draft year. Watched him closely and had good contact. He was approached by the Saints during that stint, knew they were going to get pick one and Riewoldt the obvious No1. He was active in the rezoning that year, formally accepted the Saints coaching gig before the draft and snapped Riewoldt.
Elementary my dear Watson.

My take on the Riewoldt thing is that M Blight was working for QLD AFL in Nicks draft year. Watched him closely and had good contact. He was approached by the Saints during that stint, knew they were going to get pick one and Riewoldt the obvious No1. He was active in the rezoning that year, formally accepted the Saints coaching gig before the draft and snapped Riewoldt.
Elementary my dear Watson.

So nothing suspicious at all then! :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting thread
giphy.gif

Thank god we got him when we did.
Have to cough up first + second rounder or top 10 pick if we try now.
Puts two first rounders for Beams into perspective. What the hell were the Pies thinking?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back